Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 32 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ledge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What TRADE VALUE do you put on this machine? Please look at the pictures closely and be honest with your opinion in present condition.”

• $5,000 to 5,999 9 votes
      10%
    • $6,000 to 6,999 31 votes
      34%
    • $7,000 to 7,999 26 votes
      29%
    • $8,000 to 8,999 25 votes
      27%

(91 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Worst 72  U Cant Touch This, MC Hammer.jpg
    price-police.png
    poorly.jpg
    image.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FS/FT a Really Nice Original MM

Added: 2015-06-17 23:43:03 UTC • Ended: July 8th, 2015
    Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

Trade

I have a Really Nice Original MM

Interested in TWD, IM, Tron, LOTR, Kiss, GnR, ??? Trade plus cash, 2 for 1, etc.

Trade Value 9K

Located in Hortense, Georgia 31543

Nice PF
    Nice Side Art
    New Rubbers
    Flippers Rebuilt
    Nice Side Rails
    Nice Ramps
    No credit dot(s)
    Nice Original DMD
    Matching Boards

Has a dime size issue on back of cabinet, below head.
    Missing Castle Shield sticker
    Left Sling fires sometimes when the catapult ramp drops ball in left lane- adjust contacts or diode?
    Draw Bridge needs adjusting (Has Gap when closed)

Please See Pictures

https://imageshack.com/a/qBr4/1

Thanks,
    Hammer

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are hammer31's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to hammer31's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Hortense, GA, US

#2 8 years ago

Bump

#3 8 years ago

sir I think MM is a good game. But with the REmake I see the price dropping and dropping fast. 2 years ago everyone and there mom would be all over this

#4 8 years ago

Originals are still worth more than MMr. Price is spot on. GLWTS!

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

Originals are still worth more than MMr.

They come with a better warranty too.

#6 8 years ago

Still appreciate ALL Input good and bad. Pricing an Original MM right now, is so Hard! Still looking for Offers!

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from hammer31:

Still appreciate ALL Input good and bad. Pricing an Original MM right now, is so Hard! Still looking for Offers!

I generally avoid commenting on price but it sounds like you are encouraging it so I will add my take. Honestly, imo, you're $1,000-$1,500 high. I am one who prefers originals and like it or not, the remake set a new bar. I try to keep any original that may be remade within $1,000-$2,000 of the remake price when I restore a game. That way if I decide to sell, I'm not too far upside down against mmr. With your game, there is an electrical issue that needs sorted out, cosmetics done and to be on par with an $8k mmr, a new playfield. I'm on the hunt for a solid original but I'm in the market for one in the $7,500 to $8,000 range. I may be wrong but that's how I have been navigating the post remake waters. Now trade value is a little different. You very well could be able to get a $9k valuation in a trade if someone wants a original mm. Good luck to you either way.

#8 8 years ago

Thats in very nice shape, 9k is fair imo

#9 8 years ago

Cheaper please

#10 8 years ago

Skins FYI the left sling doesn't fire every time the ball drops and it doesn't fire when the balls rolls over the lane switch? Might be just a contact adjustment for the that sling- DOES not affect game play. So I had not pursued it. Trying to be honest and share all details, that some may have not noticed.

For the RIGHT pin or pins, may negotiate, but??? Throw out an offer!

Please continue with ALL Opinions, thoughts, etc

#11 8 years ago

I've sold two originals shopped and unshopped in nice condition for the same and more then ur asking recently. Hope that helps ur info

#12 8 years ago

Input, opinions, thoughts?

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from cavalier88z24:

sir I think MM is a good game. But with the REmake I see the price dropping and dropping fast. 2 years ago everyone and there mom would be all over this

i respectfully disagree. : P

infact, their value might start going up... imo.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

i respectfully disagree. : P
    infact, their value might start going up... imo.

How would more on the market drive original prices up? It's basically the same pin no?

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from kaneda:

How would more on the market drive original prices up? It's basically the same pin no?

Because an original will always be that, an original.

For example, AC cobras didn't drop in value when the kit car bodies were released

#16 8 years ago

Last week just bought a really nice original MM from a private collector. Small cabinet scuffs but otherwise nearly perfect with all LEDS. Seller was concerned about price dropping with release of MMR so he took 8k.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    #17 8 years ago

Here is the point of view of a player/owner ("non-collector") who is in the market for an MM, especially one that is close to me
    I have only played MM a few times and initially thought it was overrated BUT I would like to have one in my home to see if more play time would change my mind and from that perspective this pin seems "over-priced" as far a purchase (I have nothing I would consider trading). For that amount of $$ I want plug and play and pretty much flawless, not something I have have to fuss with right off the bat (even minor stuff) so a new machine (yes I know they can have issues) for similar price is just more appealing.
    I agree that an original may hold, or increase, in value within a smaller segment inside the pinball community but IMO the addition of MMr meets the needs/wants of a larger group(like me). Higher priced original means smaller group equals longer on the market waiting for "that guy".
    I think the market of people paying top dollar, doing a restoration and then asking 5 figures for a tidy profit is going to take a dip ... it may return as the market saturates with MMr.
    All that said you may be spot on with price ..Good luck with the sale

I think the comparison the AC cobra is pretty close ... but like MM there are two markets ... one with a few people with the financially resources to own an original and a second market with a LOT more folks who can't afford the original (or the upkeep) and are happy to have a copy with all the modern comforts

#18 8 years ago

^^ well said!

#19 8 years ago

I appreciate EVERYBODIES opinions and thoughts.
    When I 1st received this MM, I was scared to play it. What if I broke it or something. Now it is one of my go to machines. Played more than most of my machines.
    The issues I mentioned do NOT affect game play. The only thing I have done since I acquired it was rebuild the flippers, which it needed when I bought it. Added some LEDs and tightens or add lock nuts, etc.
    I like having a Pinball Machine, car, Big Boy Toys, etc that all do NOT have. Not everybody Can just go out and buy one just like it.
    I need some extra money in my life now and would like step down to a nice but lesser machine.
    Thanks again for ALL input.

#20 8 years ago

The best thing about buying an original like this is you know what you are getting. Pics are there and the operating system is tried and true and can always be repaired if it goes down. There is no secret how they work. With a remake you are at the mercy of what they are sending you and you don't know what it will be like until you open the box.

#21 8 years ago

Comparing a pinball machine to an AC Cobra..?
    You've got to be kidding me.

#22 8 years ago

Weekend Bump

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from bkaelin:

Comparing a pinball machine to an AC Cobra..?
    You've got to be kidding me.

You know what they say about opinions....

#24 8 years ago

Just like any car a Cobra has wheels, tires, brakes, oil, filter, registration and insurance fees and sometimes a cooling system that has seen better days. But is is a badass machine. Pinball machines take less maintenance. Are we talking a 289 or 427 Cobra here?

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Just like any car a Cobra has wheels, tires, brakes, oil, filter, registration and insurance fees and sometimes a cooling system that has seen better days. But is is a badass machine. Pinball machines take less maintenance. Are we talking a 289 or 427 Cobra here?

427 bro, only way to go. : P

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from ledge:

427 bro, only way to go.

That's what I was thinking as I was saving up my paperboy money to buy my first car. $4500 seemed within reach...

#27 8 years ago

IMO
    An original has a long list of know issues- so when you buy it, YOU know what to look for. Most know what to do to fix any of those issues. It is a proven combination that has survived the times. I am sure the original had NIB issues, but MMR has some interesting issues right out of the box. If I had waited that long and paid that much for a NIB MMR and the PF had issues? Then I received a touch up clear coat kit? Not sure I would be happy! Are they going to step up and do something better? Does something else need to be done? Some mention about display issues, too? The new system reliability? How long will they last? Will they be easy to fix?
    TIME will tell!

#28 8 years ago

For what its worth, I paid $9,000 for an extremely nice, unrestored original. It has had the front decal around the coin door replaced, pdi glass, some leds and superbands. Plays perfectly and I couldn't be happier with it. It's not going anywhere soon so I couldn't care less about resale or current value.

#29 8 years ago
    Quoted from z28dan:

For what its worth, I paid $9,000 for an extremely nice, unrestored original. It has had the front decal around the coin door replaced, pdi glass, some leds and superbands. Plays perfectly and I couldn't be happier with it. It's not going anywhere soon so I couldn't care less about resale or current value.

And we are all very happy for you.

#30 8 years ago

I think I agree with Z28. I bought a completely original MM from Grover years ago when prices were going up, up, up. Fortunately I bought it at or around the price that they seem to be settling down to now just before they went crazy. Not sure it matters though as I wouldn't sell if I was offered 12K unless I needed to support my family or something serious. Thanks I will keep my original and believe they are a better buy for price stability.

#31 8 years ago

Your price is out of touch with current market prices, as mentioned before MMR will meet the need for 90% of the market for MMs. Only beautiful restored or original MMs will still fetch the high prices. Your machine is nice and better than a player machine but it's still unrestored, unshopped and with electronic issues. If you're serious about a sale or trade you need to adjust your expectations.

#32 8 years ago

Thanks Rudy67 for your opinion, anybody else?

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from CCary:

I think I agree with Z28. I bought a completely original MM from Grover years ago when prices were going up, up, up. Fortunately I bought it at or around the price that they seem to be settling down to now just before they went crazy. Not sure it matters though as I wouldn't sell if I was offered 12K unless I needed to support my family or something serious. Thanks I will keep my original and believe they are a better buy for price stability.

Cary I'm glad to hear that because I sold my Minty SM to Grover right before that market went crazy. I felt bad so it makes me feel better that he didn't have his cake and eat it too

#34 8 years ago

If price comes down and you want a serious buyer, PM me.

#35 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rudy67:

Your price is out of touch with current market prices, as mentioned before MMR will meet the need for 90% of the market for MMs. Only beautiful restored or original MMs will still fetch the high prices. Your machine is nice and better than a player machine but it's still unrestored, unshopped and with electronic issues. If you're serious about a sale or trade you need to adjust your expectations.

Looking to pick one up cheap? Geez...

Fair price, Im sure he's willing to move abit as well, cash sells, right?? MMr isn't MM and minor issues are no big deal. I applaud you guys that think MMr will make MM a $6k game but when reality sets in, comeback and re-post.

#36 8 years ago

Hope u get 6k for it. Originals with issues aren't worth more and it doesn't matter how loudly original MM owners shout that at you. The market isn't dictating that. Predictably, they are also trying to desperately, downgrade MMr. It's a death spiral for the heady days of flipping a MM for upper 4 figures. The anger of original MM owners while reading this post might qualify this point.

#37 8 years ago

If you were anywhere close, Id make you an offer. Always wanted an original and yours looks very nice.

#38 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

MMr isn't MM and minor issues are no big deal.

So why isn't MMr? Please do explain. And minor issues are no big deal? Tell me something you're not good at and can't fix then go on that particular website and tell everyone it's no big deal.

Quoted from Spencer:

If you were anywhere close, Id make you an offer. Always wanted an original and yours looks very nice.

And...no you wouldn't. That's always the BS excuse for someone who knows they are wrong. Go man up and pay shipping if you want it so bad. I'm certain the OP will come down $500 for STI. Heck, maybe you could be fair and meet him at $250 since you are so passionate? Win win.

Seriously, do us all a favor. Stop trying to bullshit 8,000 plus bullshitters.

#39 8 years ago

Love All the Opinions and Thoughts, Keep Them Coming!

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Hope u get 6k for it. Originals with issues aren't worth more and it doesn't matter how loudly original MM owners shout that at you. The market isn't dictating that. Predictably, they are also trying to desperately, downgrade MMr. It's a death spiral for the heady days of flipping a MM for upper 4 figures. The anger of original MM owners while reading this post might qualify this point.

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Exactly how I feel. If you were within a relatively easy drive, I'd give the pin a close look and possibly make an offer (not $9k, but not insulting, either), but this is not the kind of deal that is going to encourage me to make a serious effort.

I am hoping to make it to Pintastic and, at long last, to play an MMR for myself. I suspect that will make a huge difference in how I evaluate such a purchase.

#42 8 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

So why isn't MMr? Please do explain. And minor issues are no big deal? Tell me something you're not good at and can't fix then go on that particular website and tell everyone it's no big deal.

And...no you wouldn't. That's always the BS excuse for someone who knows they are wrong. Go man up and pay shipping if you want it so bad. I'm certain the OP will come down $500 for STI. Heck, maybe you could be fair and meet him at $250 since you are so passionate? Win win.
    Seriously, do us all a favor. Stop trying to bullshit 8,000 plus bullshitters.

Simple, It's not the original and if you cant fix basic issues, your in the wrong hobby. Im not great at knitting, though im sure you could help me out with that. Check shipping prices to Canada, including exchange rate/customs/taxes and get back to me.

Further, I'll say it again, if I was closer, I would make a serious offer on this and frankly I don't care if you don't believe me.

#43 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Simple, It's not the original and if you cant fix basic issues, your in the wrong hobby.

Really? So what you are saying is that if you can't fix your own games you shouldn't be in the hobby. No need for a question mark at the end of that, that is what you said. Do you have any clue on how many rich people who don't know dick about how to fix a pinball own numerous machines that keep the hobby alive? I guess they should sell every machine now and start "knitting."

And once again, you won't make an offer. And if you did it should be over PM. You've been here stoking your love for the original and your ego since post one.

Bump for the OP who is a good guy.

#44 8 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

In fairness to Spencer he did say he would make an offer, not pay list price. Also, there are plenty of people that want to be able to see a game to buy it and that simply won't ship (maybe he had an issue with a shipper before).

Sometimes "wish I was closer" is more than just an issue of shipping costs, it has to do with shipping damage or wanting to inspect a pin in person before buying.

#45 8 years ago

Opinions, Insight, Pricing and better than Days of Our Lives!

#46 8 years ago
    Quoted from hammer31:

better than Days of Our Lives!

That's Pinside!

#47 8 years ago

Right on cue

#48 8 years ago
    Quoted from eggbert52:

Really? So what you are saying is that if you can't fix your own games you shouldn't be in the hobby. No need for a question mark at the end of that, that is what you said. Do you have any clue on how many rich people who don't know dick about how to fix a pinball own numerous machines that keep the hobby alive? I guess they should sell every machine now and start "knitting."
    And once again, you won't make an offer. And if you did it should be over PM. You've been here stoking your love for the original and your ego since post one.
    Bump for the OP who is a good guy.

So your one of those "rich" "dicks" who cant fix minor issues then?????????????????????????? ( is that enough question marks??) Glad your keeping the hobby alive.

#49 8 years ago

My work is done here.

#50 8 years ago

So the after all the opinions, and the poll voting, i am still wondering what the price is for this MM ?

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fsft-a-really-nice-original-mm/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.