backglass back.jpg
boards.jpg
back.jpg
right side.jpg
playfield.jpg
left side front.jpg
left side back.jpg
front.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

FS:Bally Strikes & Spares, in PA, Project $525

Added: 2015-09-15 15:40:35 UTC • Ended: November 5th, 2015
Condition: Functional - needs major work

Price

$ 525

Bally Strikes and Spares

This is a project pin.

The backglass looks very nice. I think this is one of the classic, great Bally backglasses. It is the reason I originally bought this pin.

The boards look OK.

The cabinet looks OK, but needs the bottom replaced.

The playfield has almost all of the paint gone. The previous owner broke the playfield glass and after that he just put it in storage. This did not help the playfield paint at all, it is flaked off almost the entire playfield, but the playfield does not appear to have any severe wear marks.

This would be a good candidate for an overlay or a retheme if someone wants to apply original artwork to the playfield.

Located in Bellefonte, PA 16823.

$525 or best offer.

All offers are welcome and encouraged.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

______________@_________ [email removed]

Item photos

front.jpg
left side back.jpg
left side front.jpg
playfield.jpg
right side.jpg
back.jpg
boards.jpg
backglass back.jpg
backglass.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are mg81's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to mg81's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Bellefonte, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 8 years ago

Wow, that playfield sure is destroyed.

#3 8 years ago

Agreed, the playfield has virtually no paint left. What is odd to me is the lack of mechanical damage to the playfield. I don't see the wear by the inserts, flippers, or a groove in the ball arc.

The paint is not coming off of the cabinet. The backglass paint is firmly attached, even at the bottom edge which always is flaking off of these early Bally pins. The paint looks good under the mylar, which is also well attached. The only thing I can think of it that someone tried to clean the playfield at some point with the wrong type of cleaner and it caused all of the paint to lift off.

#4 8 years ago

That playfield makes me feel better about any issues on any of my games

But its still a fun game and GLWS

#5 8 years ago

I case anyone did not know, CPR currently has available new playfields and plastics for this pin.

#6 8 years ago

Still available.

I am serious when I say all offers are welcome. If you are interested please get in touch with me.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Wow, that playfield sure is destroyed.

Not just the playfield, looks like machine was left out in the elements for a long long time!!

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Not just the playfield, looks like machine was left out in the elements for a long long time!!

I would agree that the machine is far from pristine, but the price reflects that.

I don't think it has been "out in the elements". The backglass is far too nice, I have owned many similar aged Bally pins that have backglasses in far worse condition and those pins were always stored inside.

What would have helped this pin would be me cleaning the cabinet, but I figured I would just leave it along and the new owner can decide how they want to clean it. There is a lot of filth on the outside of the cabinet.

#9 8 years ago

Once again, I am open to all offers.

I really don't want to part this pin out. It is a complete pin and repo playfields are currently available.

When you start to add up all of the parts that are easy to part out and ship on this pin it adds up quickly.

-Backglass
-All of the boards (MPU, Lights, and Solenoid)
-Transformer
-Coin Door
-Chime unit
-Tilt unit
-Five Displays
-All of the coils, switches, brackets, inserts, etc on the playfield.

This is not a pin that sat at an operators and had parts stolen off of it over the years.

#10 8 years ago

I would be a buyer for $100.

two year ago at Allentown, I sold one missing the boards, but with the transformer/rectifier board, same condition backglass, decent playfield, all displays, for $225...

Don't shoot me, just throwing it out there.

#11 8 years ago

I bought one that didn't work but lit up on eBay two years ago for $225. In PA. Had to make the drive. Backglass was ok and playfield had minor wear. Problem was a bad capacitor and locked on transistor, ended up putting a repro rectifier board in as well as i think the other components failed due to the bad rectifier.

The game fetches $800 in nice condition so for $525 you'd expect a worn player, not a basket case.

#12 8 years ago

$125!

#13 8 years ago

Parts value is actually around $200 to $250 but very few people will pay parts value for machines that look rough. Sad thing is an average early SS machine has close to $600 worth of parts in it but no one wants to take the time to harvest parts for resale.

The problem with parting out machines is it takes about 20 hours to do one completely and sell off the parts. Beyond that you have the cost of selling, cost of driving for machine, storage, etc. So parting out machines has to be a labor of love because it is nearly impossible to make money at it. I should know because I do an average of about 40 of them a year trying to keep good used parts out of the landfill..

2 weeks later
#14 8 years ago

Sorry for the double for sale posting, but I can't edit the title.

I am preparing to part this pin if no one is interested in buying it whole. I would prefer to sell it as a whole machine, but I am not going to sell the pin for $100. I would will just keep all of the spare parts for myself and sell the backglass for the prices I am getting offered.

Once again, thanks to everyone for their offers. I do appreciate them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fsbally-strikes-spares-in-pa-project-525 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.