View topic image gallery

Shrek11.jpg
Shrek9.jpg
Shrek7.jpg
Shrek5.jpg
Shrek2.jpg
Shrek1.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I have a Home Use Only (HUO) Shrek Pinball machine by STERN -- no papers -- I can not find them but I am the 2nd owner and this game has never been out of a home -- but you are welcome to come play it and see how nice it is. Ill have to see if I can find the owners manual, but if not, you can download a copy free online.

You are WELCOME to come play the game and check it out for yourself! I live in the76244 zip code in Texas.

More pics are available via email.

E-mail me here or text me at 214 - 724 - 2524

Price is $5750 or best offer - folks, feel free to make realistic offers as I am motivated here.

I can ship NAVL and despite being a home collector, we change out machines often enough that I have 7 years of experience with NAVL shipping (in my 11 years of collecting) so I am happy to ship after your payment clears the bank.

Shrek1.jpgShrek1.jpg
Shrek2.jpgShrek2.jpg
Shrek5.jpgShrek5.jpg
Shrek7.jpgShrek7.jpg
Shrek9.jpgShrek9.jpg
Shrek11.jpgShrek11.jpg

Post edited by lma574 : Removed the wishlist games -- only looking for cash at this point...

#2 10 years ago

Great game with great rules.

GLWS

#3 10 years ago

Played a Shrek at the PHOF in Vegas.
Funny Callouts!
GLWS!

#4 10 years ago

Where's the shooter lane pic? Can't sell a game on Pinside without one

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Exactly. The overall condition of the machine doesn't matter if the shooter lane has even a minimal amount of wear.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Quoted from Fatsquatch:

Exactly. The overall condition of the machine doesn't matter if the shooter lane has even a minimal amount of wear.

lol yeah I heard that's the criteria Chuck E. Cheese uses, as soon as the shooter lane is worn they just toss it in the dumpster

Shrek is a great game BTW. Just picked up one myself and it is a nice fun and family friendly pin.

#7 10 years ago

Well I just looked at the 12 pics I have and none have a really good shot of the shooter lane. If you need it ill go take a pic of that this weekend and post it then...
LM

#8 10 years ago

I don't think you need a shooter lane pic to sellthis. I think you need to lower your asking price $1K.

GLWS.

#9 10 years ago

No offence but the price seems quite high...would not expect even the best condition Shrek to approach $5k...unless pinflation is hitting every machine now!

#10 10 years ago

Love my Shrek. Getting a HUO is pretty rare on this game. Price seems appropriate for a powder coated LE Stern game with great shots, music and toys with a killer set of rules. IMO, it is worth more than an AVENGERS LE.

By the way, he said OBO, so make him an offer.

#11 10 years ago

Yeah,
I don't think the price is too high because is HUO ... but as I said, feel free to make offers... at this point, I am certainly listening... I am motivated to sell...
LM

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from lma574:

I don't think the price is too high because is HUO

Quoted from BackFlipper:

IMO, it is worth more than an Avengers LE.

And who says comedy is dead on Pinside?

#13 10 years ago

I thought this was even funnier:

Quoted from lma574:

Price is $5750

Quoted from lma574:

I am motivated to sell

#14 10 years ago

He is close.

$5000 is in the ball park for a mint Shrek, especially if it is the earlier version with metal apron and service rails.

A mint Avengers LE is a $5,300 game as two have been offered to me at this price within the last 30 days.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

He is close.
$5000 is in the ball park for a mint Shrek, especially if it is the earlier version with metal apron and service rails.
A mint Avengers LE is a $5,300 game as two have been offered to me at this price within the last 30 days.

Agreed. Sold a mint HUO Shrek for $5k (+ shipping to Canada) over the summer. It's rare, and a top family title.

#16 10 years ago

Game is still available. Feel free to PM with offers. As I said, I do think the price is fair, but I have only gotten ONE offer so far, so it would seem that my assessment of value might be too high.... So as I said, make an offer folks. I'd love to hear from you.

Unlike others on here, we are a good family and we will treat you with respect, regardless of whether or not we agree with your offer. We are happy to hear from you.

Thanks!

#17 10 years ago

bump

1 month later
#18 10 years ago

Ok, so back on the market.... been sold twice and twice the buyers backed out... So make me an offer. You won't find a cleaner HUO Shrek.
Thanks,
LM

#20 10 years ago

Go jump in a lake with that crap. He' said multiple times to make him an offer.

#21 10 years ago

GLWS free bump

#22 10 years ago

Ignore the pricing police. Awesome game. Only 600 made? If I hadn't already found an HUO Shrek I'd be a buyer. I know I'm not selling mine. Don't let others tell you what it's worth.

#23 10 years ago

Hey,
I appreciate the kind words...
Its really a beautiful machine... only selling because its being replaced. by a MM LE.
Louis

#24 10 years ago

I still feel bad about selling it... but its the only way im going to raise the cash for MM LE.

#25 10 years ago

I have seen this game first hand. It's really really nice. I bought his SWEPS1. We would have to negotiate on price as I kinda agree over 5K is a little much. However, I think 5K is to much. I would have made a offer, but we were just to far apart. Some have said make an offer, he said make an offer, but when your that far off, you tick the guy off for no good reasons. Yes, some guys say make an offer and then have a cow when you do, being so far off from their asking price. They feel like your insulting them with your offer but what is a fair price to one guy and what someone is willing to pay can be far apart. Example: I offered a guy, if I came to pick up a game 4 hours away would he come down off price a little. His response was "NO" as that offer wasn't that good, as he expects the buyer to pick it up or ship it anyway. However, I saw it as a little different based on theses facts.

1 - How many say "If I were only closer."
2 - If your Shipping it, now you have to wrap it and wait for the shipping company on their time.
3 - You never got to meet the buyer "Which could be more sales later, as he now knows you"
4 - The buyer saves on shipping and is more likely to buy. (However, that depends on how far he's driving.)"

The guy I was talking with, did say well I have already had offers & trade options. So, "No". I wanted to respond well if the trade offers and cash was so good why, do you still have the game? but it is what it is, and I try not to let the fun hobby turn into a pissing match as so many do. A simple "No, Thank You goes a long way."

This is a nice guy & he has some nice, nice games. So you can buy with confidence. Also, it goes back to #3 just my opinion.

#26 10 years ago

I appreciate the kind words... I hope you enjoy the SWE1 as well.
LM

#27 10 years ago

Super nice guy GLWS!

1 week later
#28 10 years ago

Price drop $5250 OBO ... Anyone?

#29 10 years ago

I traded a very nice Shrek (part of a package) for a MB for my wife. I freely admit that I liked the game and miss it.

GLWS!

#30 10 years ago

Just bought a absolute mint HUO Shrek from a local pinsider...$4300

#31 10 years ago

Louis, shoot Virgy777 a PM if he hasn't already contacted you. I referred him to you, he's local and looking for a Shrek but he never responded to my PM.

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Lucky.

#33 10 years ago

Yes, I was.

The pinside post was a month old.

I didn't see the post until a week ago.

#34 10 years ago

Another just popped up for $4500

#35 10 years ago

RustyLizard in Wisconsin has his for sale $3800.

3 weeks later
#36 10 years ago

Havent been on for a while because my stupid work network chose to block pinside.
Thats said, I was serious about the or best offer part.
A guy offered me $4800 and I took it...
So its sold...
Anyhow, thanks everyone...
I apreciate all of the input and information.
Louis

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That's a crazy good deal. I think the buyer who bought the one in this thread for $4800 got a great deal. Only 600 of these made and it obviously has a proven game layout (being the same as FG) designed by Lawlor. I love mine. The callouts and art on this game are great and for less than 5k? Bargain by today's prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-stern-shrek-huo-for-5750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.