(Topic ID: 127106)

For sale: FS: NOS Creature Hologram

By Pinthetic

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0662.JPG
    DSCF1907.JPG
    DSCF1908.JPG
    DSCF1909.JPG
    DSCF1907.JPG
    DSCF1908.JPG
    DSCF1909.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

FS: NOS Creature Hologram

Added: 2015-05-10 17:48:44 UTC • Ended: May 30th, 2015

Price

$ 600

Selling my long time rat holed Creature Hologram. I looked at it yesterday and it is really green. So green I had forgotten how green those were. Two year plan to leave the hobby so I won't be needing it. It's been triple wrapped in the dark since 2002.

$600. Paypal as gift or US postal money order.

Email me for authorization to pay. First response gets it.

Item photos

DSCF1909.JPG
    DSCF1908.JPG
    DSCF1907.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Pinthetic's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Pinthetic's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Lodi, CA, US

#2 8 years ago

Selling a rat holed hologram for $600 seems a bit steep.

#3 8 years ago

Wow

These are still out there thought most just went red

Not terrible price if you really need it

Glws

#4 8 years ago

The good thing about this is if no one wants it, when I sell my Creature later this year it will be in it.

#5 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

Two year plan to leave the hobby

Why a 2 year plan to leave the hobby?

#6 8 years ago

Lots of reasons.

Thinking about moving out of California and not looking to ship a lot of stuff. Lifting 250 pound games isn't as fun as it used to be. Tired of tripping over parts in the storage sheds. Tired of dealing with unreasonable people at the shows.

This show I have already discounted everything 10 to 50% of what you will pay online and I will still get those who will want to low ball me even more. It gets old after a while. What doesn't sell at the show will be on my new website, Pinthetic.com, later.

There is a lot of awesome people in this hobby and there is also a lot of opportunists that ruin things. I guess it's time to do other things.

Tom Sherry did this a few years back and it all makes sense to me now.

#7 8 years ago

makes sense.

In that case, want to make me a package discount of 10-50% off on Viking, SoF, and ES?

not being an opportunist, just a collector looking for a good deal on a package of games that I am interested in.

#8 8 years ago

That's possible. PM me.

#9 8 years ago

Pictures:

DSCF1909.JPGDSCF1909.JPGDSCF1907.JPGDSCF1907.JPGDSCF1908.JPGDSCF1908.JPG

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

Pictures:
    DSCF1909.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCF1907.JPG (Click image to enlarge)DSCF1908.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

It looks green. But it doesn't look nearly as sharp as the one I had in my game a few years ago. Does this thing just not photograph well at all? Or do they simply not hold up to time (regardless of sunlight exposure)?

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

This show I have already discounted everything 10 to 50% of what you will pay online and I will still get those who will want to low ball me even more.

Which show?

#12 8 years ago

Pin-a-go-go

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

It looks green. But it doesn't look nearly as sharp as the one I had in my game a few years ago. Does this thing just not photograph well at all? Or do they simply not hold up to time (regardless of sunlight exposure)?

This thing is a bitch to photograph. I took a bunch of pictures and to get enough light behind it I tried a flashlight. Of course I don't have the best camera in the world and I did not want to remove the wrapping.

There was a lot of talk about "red" on these. Almost any hologram that is color will display some red when you tweak it enough. It's the process of the 3D effect and the color spectrum. I took the one out of my game last night to experiment with and it is still pretty green and if you tweak it with light behind it enough it will have red outlines on the very edges. In the game you never see that at all.

#14 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Wow
    These are still out there thought most just went red
    Not terrible price if you really need it
    Glws

The IPB repros turned red (some of them seemingly overnight).
    Original Bally ones tend to turn blue with long term light or environmental exposure.
    New German repros (with the no so great recreated creature) are like $400. Not sure what color they turn

Price seems spot on to me.

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

This thing is a bitch to photograph. I took a bunch of pictures and to get enough light behind it I tried a flashlight. Of course I don't have the best camera in the world and I did not want to remove the wrapping.

Take it out into sunlight. You can show them in full focus and bright green. However that's not a great way to differentiate between a good and bad one. I have several that when taken outside are perfectly in focus and bright green, but when in the game are so blue you can't even see him.

IMG_0662.JPGIMG_0662.JPG

In the game this one is as dark blue as those splotches at the top.

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinthetic:

There was a lot of talk about "red" on these. Almost any hologram that is color will display some red when you tweak it enough. It's the process of the 3D effect and the color spectrum. I took the one out of my game last night to experiment with and it is still pretty green and if you tweak it with light behind it enough it will have red outlines on the very edges. In the game you never see that at all.

I thought the red ones were IPB sanctioned reproductions from years ago. They sold for $200 and later sold for $600 plus. I have never noticed red on a NOS one and don't see it here.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from kbliznick:

Take it out into sunlight. You can show them in full focus and bright green. However that's not a great way to differentiate between a good and bad one. I have several that when taken outside are perfectly in focus and bright green, but when in the game are so blue you can't even see him.
    IMG_0662.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
    In the game this one is as dark blue as those splotches at the top.

Yes, that looks much more crisp like I remember. I don't mean to give the OP crap about it because I suffer from the inability to take a decent picture so I can sympathize on this one.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

makes sense.
    In that case, want to make me a package discount of 10-50% off on Viking, SoF, and ES?
    not being an opportunist, just a collector looking for a good deal on a package of games that I am interested in.

Likewise I'd be interested in TAF and EATPM...take a look at my collection and you'll see I'm pretty horror theme centric

#19 8 years ago

People low balling you already? Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Selling parts at the swap meet or at a vendor table? Either way I will be sure to stop by and say hi. Lord knows without BAA and Starship there I gotta give my money to someone!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-nos-creature-hologram and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.