You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1595.jpg
IMG_1594.jpg
IMG_1593.jpg
IMG_1592.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zeddex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#80 8 years ago

This thread is a precise microcosm of what makes Pinside suck. Just negative juvenile bashing for absolutely no reason. Amazing. I dipped in just to learn details about a modern cab only sale and walked away with high blood pressure and a bunch of people spinning elaborate conspiracy theories out of thin air and then baiting arguments. While the dimestore CSI investigators are entertaining to a point, its just a little sad that this is what 80% of the threads immediately devolve into these days. Sorry, much of whats here isn't 'discussion', its outrage baiting. Yes, thats "just the internet" I suppose.......but its not why I hang out in niche hobby forums. And now, I am doing it too.....bitching on a thread and adding nothing relevant to the OPs discussion. *SIGH*.....

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Did you sell your METLE for less than $4500? If so, then you indeed did take a loss if you were to sell this for $2500. If you sold your METLE for more than $4500 ($4500 + $2500 = $7K which is on the high side of what they go for now) then what he says is true as you would be trying to profiting on the situation from Stern. The fact that it looks like you sold your LE for $7K really hurts this situation as well though.
Then again - You originally said you got the cab to put your met pro in it to have a unique game (in this thread). Now you got the cab to replace a damaged LE game you had and sold. But then that game was sold a year ago and you were asking $7200 for it - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-metallica-master-of-puppets-le-huo Not exactly a price that would be asked for a game with major cab damage.
Things just aren't adding up. Whatever your situation was is none of our business but it looks like you aren't being honest with people in this FS thread. From what it looks like is that you got a replacement cab from stern due to damage, sold your LE for market price and now are trying to sell the cab for extra cash. This is the part that is bugging a lot of us, and the only reason I even posted here again, as MFG's are starting to really cut back on what they do as people demand something from them to make things right and then later profit on those replacement parts that never got installed. Conversely, those parts are then no longer available for those that do need them down the road.

Well, since this thread has already been blown up, I might as well keep venting: You accused the OP of ethical fraud on the basis of a completely fictional narrative you spun. You even spent time delving into older posts for 'investigation' of said fantasy fraud. No one voted you hall monitor and this isn't an inquisition. You, of course, are free to post whatever you want (just asI am free to react)...but when you create an adversarial and accusatory tone for no reason, it makes this entire area less fun. Thats all I am pointing out. You and I have a very different definition of "calm discussion"....and picking fights and then name calling all who disagree with you ("keyboard commandoes", "peanut gallery", "his support group") just drives home your adversarial tone....Please tell me again who is not the adult who needs to "grow up"?

#90 8 years ago

Sorry - I stand corrected on the name calling. I pulled those out of your most recent post and wrongly attributed them to you. Now, while you didn't start the rampage against the OP, you certain jumped in with zeal. He was already defending himself minutes into this thread on a simple 'for sale' post (which is just lame) - and his name calling was a direct reaction to that. He was selling a cabinet....thats it. Again, this is a forum, not an inquisition. And yes, I also fully admit I am here now adding to the bitch fest.....because thats what happens when these simple forums devolve into bitch tests. It sucks for everyone and drags everything down a few notches. I dropped in out of curiosity and here I am slugging though a bunch of needless drama. I reacted because just by skimming the thread, I was flabbergasted by the amount of needless vitriol and accusations against the OP......and then I vented. And now I am done.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zeddex.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-metallica-nib-mop-le-cabinet?tu=zeddex and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.