Topic Stats

• 60 posts
  • 34 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by calvin12
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image.jpg
trollhole.gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 8,000

for sale

FS Medieval Madness Remake Preorder Gold $8000

Added: April 7th, 2015 Ended: April 17th, 2015
Condition: NIB - New in box (distributor/business)

Item description

*** SOLD [phone number removed] Payment Received ***

I have decided to just keep my original MM. I have a Medieval Madness Remake in the gold trim. It was preordered through an official PPS authorized vendor.

Expected to be a 2nd batch shipment after the Stern move, so Juneish. My vendor does not charge stupid shipping rate like we have heard stories from other people.

I can include a full set of cliffy protectors, merlin hole protector, and complete plastic protector set for an additional $120.

I have a $1000 deposit on the remake. The way it would work is, you send me $1000 to the authorized vendor, and you take over my spot. You will be contacted about 2 weeks before the game is ready to ship. Shipping will be roughly $250. I will put in you in contact with the vendor so you can verify everything before any money changes hands.

If it doesn't sell then no big deal. If interested just PM me.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Item location

Wall, NJ, US

Seller insights

These are Doostur's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Doostur's stats page

#2 5 years ago

You have an original and also bought a remake

#3 5 years ago

A nice original MM always wins over a remake IMO. Remakes are for those that don't have or can't find a nice original for a decent price.

GLWS

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I expected to keep the remake and sell the original. Since the remake was supposed to have a lot of new features I would simply sell my original for close to the same price.... seemed like a no brainer.

Regardless I have just decided to keep my original.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

A nice original MM always wins over a remake IMO. Remakes are for those that don't have or can't find a nice original for a decent price.
GLWS

Not always. I'd much rather have a NIB MMR over a 20 year old game. If the game plays the same seems like a no brainer to me.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

For saleI have decided to just keep my original MM. I have a Medieval Madness Remake in the gold trim. It was preordered through an official PPS authorized vendor.Expected to be a 2nd batch shipment after the Stern move, so Juneish. My vendor does not charge stupid shipping rate like we have heard stories from other people.I can include a full set of cliffy protectors, merlin hole protector, and complete plastic protector set for an additional $120.I have a $1000 deposit on the remake. The way it would work is, you send me $1000, and you take over my spot. You will be contacted about 2 weeks before the game is ready to ship. Shipping will be roughly $250. I will put in you in contact with the vendor so you can verify everything before any money changes hands.If it doesn't sell then no big deal. If interested just PM me.

Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/18954
Added to the marketplace: April 7th, 2015
Price:
$ 8,000

Condition: New in box (NIB)
Located in: Wall, NJ, USA

Good call. Wise decision. In the long run you will be better off

#7 5 years ago

This thread should keep TeeKee busy all day.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from P42Hogger:

This thread should keep TeeKee busy all day.

Yes, I'm here and ready! Many are wising up just as predicted.

#9 5 years ago

I'd stick with the original if I had to decide over the two but since I don't own either I'd would gladly buy a MMR if one was closer. GLWTS

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Yes, I'm here and ready! Many are wising up just as predicted.

Where's the dancing guy? You're slacking here TeeKee.

Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I'd stick with the original if I had to decide over the two but since I don't own either I'd would gladly buy a MMR if one was closer. GLWTS

I feel the exact same way.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

That was my original plan as well.

I was going to have MM and MMR side by side for a short period of time and then sell the original, assuming that the original (<2000 plays, HUO) would sell for significantly more than the cost of MMR.

In hindsight, that wasn't the brightest idea.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from futurepinhead:

Where's the dancing guy? You're slacking here TeeKee.

I want to keep busy in this thread all day. I didn't plan to use him right away... what the hell!

#13 5 years ago

I myself would rather have original also so I can do my own insert leds but mainly so I can work on it and swap boards if needed to trouble shoot which no way you can do with the new one however after a few years and the new boardset proves itself reliable I will consider a new one depending on what they are selling for

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Not always. I'd much rather have a NIB MMR over a 20 year old game. If the game plays the same seems like a no brainer to me.

Yeah you can't change LEDs , and you can't put a full color dmd . It's a very good pin if you want it in a route .

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Yeah you can't change LEDs , and you can't put a full color dmd . It's a very good pin if you want it in a route .

And the le's are going to get a colordmd style upgrade so that argument is moot.

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Quoted from Monarca1091:

Some people will prefer one; some people will prefer the other. MM vs. MMr will never have an answer that satisfies everyone.

I personally would rather have a brand new game appear at my house NIB. Actually, scratch that, my first choice would be a HEP restore of an original . . . but short of that I want NIB all day long.

#17 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

And the le's are going to get a colordmd style upgrade so that argument is moot.

Not if it isn't as good as what's available to the original...

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

When colorization is actually complete, released and proves to be as good as what color DMD offers it will be "moot" until then it's a potential big difference!

#19 5 years ago

It's a for sale thread.... not yet another mm vs MMr thread....

Let the guy sell his machine.

#20 5 years ago

^ Thanks sir!

#21 5 years ago

TGIF. A lot of pms saying they want to take my spot, then they disappear lol. If it doesn't sell by Monday I may just keep it and figure something out.

#22 5 years ago

Bumping this up for Doostur. I did a deal with him today and he is as honest as they come. Straightforward, easy to deal with, very nice person. If I were in the market, I would certainly deal with him, for what it is worth.

Chris

#23 5 years ago

Thats nice of you to make this offer to Pinsiders. If I were in the market for an MM I would have taken you up on it.

#24 5 years ago

Thanks everyone. I have a pinsider in the process of taking my spot. Will follow up Tuesday. So for now it's "pending".

Edit: Potential buyers flaked.

#25 5 years ago

Still for sale. Last 2 people flaked. Never had this much trouble selling anything before ha...

Edit: This will be my last bump. If not I'll just keep it.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Last 2 people flaked. Never had this much trouble selling anything before ha...

Well the project itself has seemed a bit flaky from the start...

GLWS!

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

GLWS

Some people just want to enjoy the game and will buy whatever is less expensive.
Given the choice, I would absolutely buy a NIB remake over an original even at the same cost.

#28 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Wiz:

GLWS

Except the decent price part you mentioned....didn't exist.

Any nice MM used to require a wheel barrel full of cash...now it doesn't.

There's an advert in Minnesota right now where a guy wants to trade his "nice original" plus 2k for an MMr.

I guess MM is a 5k pin now. THAT's a decent price.

Was that the decent price you were talking about?

#29 5 years ago

Troll Bump

trollhole.gif
#30 5 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

It comes with a Color LCD display. You don't need to put a ColorDMD in it. Color code will be coming soon as an update.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Color code will be coming soon as an update.

They announced that a year and a half ago when they announced the game. It must really be giving them fits if they haven't been able to do it in that time.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They announced that a year and a half ago when they announced the game. It must really be giving them fits if they haven't been able to do it in that time.

This is pinball. What ever happens on time?

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is pinball. What ever happens on time?

Nothing! But I would think it might have been a good use of their time while waiting for "safe" transformers to arrive. Color DMD is cranking them out now at a record pace....

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nothing! But I would think it might have been a good use of their time while waiting for "safe" Transformers to arrive. Color DMD is cranking them out now at a record pace....

We're not there in the factory...I have no reason to judge how they're using their time. They said they're doing it, so they're doing it. When it's done, it's done. The color display is already in the game....so ....there ya go.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

They said they're doing it, so they're doing it.

This is pinball! Does everything that is said is going to get done get done? I think it probably will though. I would hate to be the guy signing those $8000 refund checks.

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is pinball! Does everything that is said is going to get done get done? I think it probably will though. I would hate to be the guy signing those $8000 refund checks.

Why would there be refund checks? There has been absolutely, positively, NO guarantee that the games will ever include this feature. The last time this was debated Greg posted on the PPS forums and Rick confirmed what I'm saying. "It is being worked on" is not a guarantee you can take to the bank.

I actually do believe they will be able to do it and they will offer it eventually. But the fact that you guys bought the game without it for $8k says there is little hope you won't be asked to pay. IMHO.

#37 5 years ago

Success for MMr is not defined as making an existing MM owner want to "trade."

Success (IMO) was producing a game good enough to make a non-MM owner willing to buy one.

In THAT respect, MMr is a success.

Good luck to the OP *Bump*

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from viper001:

Why would there be refund checks? There has been absolutely, positively, NO guarantee that the games will ever include this feature.

I don't know if Chicago Gaming made any such guarantee. But here is a quote from PPS, the license holder and head sales-pitcher for this project, from a year and a half ago on this forum when these first went on sale. The thread has since been closed down.-

"DMD Animations will be original currently are monochrome - although with a simple setting you can change the 'color' of the monochrome on the LCD to a bunch of colors (8 I think?). Next up would be the colorization, which will be done and just working on the approach for the art and the timing, etc"

So if I had sent in money to PPS because of this and other features that sold me on this machine and
any of them were missing or didn't happen in a reasonable amount of time, I don't care how much I liked the rest of the machine, I would want my money back. I guess I'm just stubborn that way.

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

if I had sent in money

#40 5 years ago

I did send money. But decided to get it back and wait and see. I am happy with my decision. I hope everyone else is too and gets what they were promised.

#41 5 years ago

"NOTHING" beats an original Medieval Madness. There's those who have and those who want. Nough Said..

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

"NOTHING" beats an original Medieval Madness. There's those who have and those who want. Nough Said..

Exactly. The logic behind why the originals are dropping in price for copies baffles me.

Because as everyone knows classic Mustangs are worthless now because new Mustangs are out.

THEY WILL BE BETTER IN THE LONG RUN. ASK THE PEOPLE WITH WIZARD OF OZ, THEY WORK GREAT. lol

#43 5 years ago

Bump for a good seller...and back on topic.

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Exactly. The logic behind why the originals are dropping in price for copies baffles me.

What baffles me is why people were paying 10 to 18 k for an original.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from moto_cat:

What baffles me is why people were paying 10 to 18 k for an original.

You could say the same thing about any pinball with values that fluctuate.

Also kudos to the "thumbs down" posts I got previously. Pinball is the only world where A: people think something original is worth less than a remake and B: preorders and payment in full on items with people and businesses with no history is given a thumbs up over reputable businesses!

A for logic everyone!

But I apologize, I just realized this was an actual FS thread vs just ranting about MM so carry on.

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

You could say the same thing about any pinball with values that fluctuate.

MM prices weren't fluctuating, they were going steadily up beyond what was affordable or reasonable, until MMR came and pulled it back to something at least sort of approaching sanity.

A: people think something original is worth less than a remake

Nah more like people think brand new is better than used for 20 years.

and B: preorders and payment in full on items with people and businesses with no history is given a thumbs up over reputable businesses!

PPS and Chicago Coin (founded 1931) are businesses with no history? Hahaha.

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from Barakawins1:

Quoted from pezpunk:

Nah more like people think brand new is better than used for 20 years.

image.jpg

#48 5 years ago

Well until my black trim MMRLE arrives, I won't really have anything better to do than engage in the occasional tweedle beetle noodle poodle bottle puddle paddle battle.

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

PPS and Chicago Coin (founded 1931) are businesses with no history?

Chicago Gaming is not Chicago Coin. The original Stern company in the late 1970's bought the original Chicago Coin.

#50 5 years ago
Quoted from kbliznick:

Chicago Gaming is not Chicago Coin. The original Stern company in the late 1970's bought the original Chicago Coin.

Absolutely correct, my bad. CGC has been around for 14 years.

There are 60 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside