Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 131 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago

No surprise that pimp77 thumbs down my opinion/post (he always does)

Iron has some good shots, but the unbalanced scoring kills it for me. The Iron Man bash toy is, eh. The 3 spinners are cool, and the ramps are well laid for quick ball return. The war machine and whiplash shots are good shots, but very random ball return on whiplash.

Avatars amp suit is one of the finest, tightest and most satisfying shots in all of pinball-as well as the link shot- a captive ball that releases= brilliant.
While Avatars ramp is eh, the jackpot call outs make up for this and getting to final battle is one tough mother. Years from now I think Avatar will gain more respect.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Years from now I think Avatar will gain more respect.

Good luck with that one.

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from pinstor12:

Good luck with that one.

If it doesn't, no skin off my back...not my loss.

#104 8 years ago

I think more iron man remakes will have vendors stuck with games... There won't be a large number of sales like when the last vault edition of iron man was run... Just my two cents
A diff game vault edition would have done well in sales

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I think more Iron Man remakes will have vendors stuck with games... There won't be a large number of sales like when the last vault edition of Iron Man was run... Just my two cents

Doubt it. This is supposed to be a small run and is likely going to be the last one. If anyone is "stuck" with one it's because they are holding it hoping for a price increase or simply started with to high of a price. No other current new game for $4600-$4800 delivered other then MET pro offers the same value as IM. There's not a lot of highly respected complete games at that price.

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The real DoD, the multiball wizard mode, is different. It is also impossible to get to. I've never been near it ever.

How do you get to that?

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you get to that?

You have to 'beat' (not just do) each of the five objectives (not sure if it's in one ball or not). Essentially you need a super jackpot in each multiball, I think three sets of iron man targets, and some ridiculous amount of drones.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

You have to 'beat' (not just do) each of the five objectives (not sure if it's in one ball or not). Essentially you need a super jackpot in each multiball, I think three sets of Iron Man targets, and some ridiculous amount of drones.

Sweet. Didn't know about this. Well my one beef with the game just went away. Haha

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you get to that?

You need to complete (solidly light) all 5 lights on the game:

- Monger - get a super jackpot
- Whiplash - get a super jackpot
- War Machine - get a super jackpot
- Iron Man - spell 3 times?
- Drones - complete 4 sets -> each set requiring more hits -> this is what is impossible to do

#110 8 years ago

Has anyone here done it with the glass off? Are there cool music or Dmd graphics to speak of?

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How do you get to that?

I once knew the answer to that but I could never even sniff it so I gave up that being an objective for me.

I thought Sperm Attack on FGY was impossible to get to....it is a walk in the park compared to DoD.

#112 8 years ago

It would be great if Stern would update the code to lower the requirements for DoD Multiball.

The simplest change would be to complete/light Drones after 3 sets of targets instead of 4. A nicer (but more work) update would add an option in the menu. It would really improve the fun of the game to make DoD multiball an achievable goal.

#113 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Has anyone here done it with the glass off? Are there cool music or Dmd graphics to speak of?

You are the pinside resident expert in all things Iron Man, I nominate you to do it and make a video for us to enjoy. That would be awesome!

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

It would be great if Stern would update the code to lower the requirements for DoD Multiball.
The simplest change would be to complete/light Drones after 3 sets of targets instead of 4. A nicer (but more work) update would add an option in the menu. It would really improve the fun of the game to make DoD multiball an achievable goal.

Or let us set the number of Drones for ourselves. Two sets would be even better.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

You are the pinside resident expert in all things Iron Man, I nominate you to do it and make a video for us to enjoy. That would be awesome!

F it, I am due to get the new Monger decal any day now. I can pull the glass off and hit targets and drones till something new happens. I'm on it!

#116 8 years ago

surprising that you cannot just reduce the requirements for DOD multiball in the settings.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Doubt it. This is supposed to be a small run and is likely going to be the last one. If anyone is "stuck" with one it's because they are holding it hoping for a price increase or simply started with to high of a price. No other current new game for $4600-$4800 delivered other then MET pro offers the same value as IM. There's not a lot of highly respected complete games at that price.

Why's didn't you mention ST?

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Why's didn't you mention ST?

I like ST, just don't think the pro delivers quite the value of Met pro or IM but with the latest code updates I think it could be considered part of the group as it is pretty much complete. It's pretty cool that stern actually has a lot of games currently available with really solid code.

Met Pro/Premium
ST Pro/Premium
IM
Mustang Pro/Premium (yes it still needs a big update but there's a lot there)
TWD Pro/Premium (still needs some work but really coming together)
WNBJM

So the only real current dogs when it comes to code are WWE and KISS. I can't remember a time when stern had 10 models available that were in really good or near complete state when it comes to code.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I think more Iron Man remakes will have vendors stuck with games... There won't be a large number of sales like when the last vault edition of Iron Man was run... Just my two cents

It seems like Stern wants games out in inventory now more than in the past. With the thinning of the herd of distributors, this seems viable again.

Think about it, if you are looking to cater more and more to the home market... and trying to get NEW customers in... you need stock they can buy 'right now'. Not simply get on an interest list to hear when the next title is available. By having a greater range of titles available in the channel, Stern and Distributors can embrace new customers easier.

#120 8 years ago

I see more people getting into pinball every month. What do you see JJ?

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You need to complete (solidly light) all 5 lights on the game:
- Monger - get a super jackpot
- Whiplash - get a super jackpot
- War Machine - get a super jackpot
- Iron Man - spell 3 times?
- Drones - complete 4 sets -> each set requiring more hits -> this is what is impossible to do

This all has to be done on one ball, hence the impossibility of it. With Jericho, there is an option to carry over progress to the next ball. This is what is needed for DOD. The game is too fast and ball control too difficult to achieve dod. This and adding a better skill shot via the flipper button is really all that is needed.

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

This all has to be done on one ball, hence the impossibility of it.

I'm pretty sure you can qualify DOD multiball via multiple balls. Solid inserts go away when you drain. Blinking inserts last the whole game. That said, it still seems impossible to do in three balls.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

I'm pretty sure you can qualify DOD multiball via multiple balls. Solid inserts go away when you drain. Blinking inserts last the whole game. That said, it still seems impossible to do in three balls.

This is true. There IS carryover for any of the modes where you achieve the Super Jackpot...or just play through everything, like the Iron Man scoring modes and, I presume, drones. Got three blinking once in a stock set up game. Once.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dod and Jericho are the same thing, dod is just doing it all during the same ball, right?
I would like to see an additional wizard mode in addition to the two wizard hurry ups in Dod and Jericho.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

The real DoD, the multiball wizard mode, is different. It is also impossible to get to. I've never been near it ever.

As Tiger said, there are big differences around the game.

The DOD hurry up is for making the 5 major accomplishments in a single ball (Iron Man, Whiplash, Monger, War Machine, Drones). This will light the center shot for DOD hurry up. Hit it, and the countdown begins (it becomes worth less the longer it is available). To claim it, hit the center shot again. The value varies (it was higher in older versions of the game software). Excellent pressure shot forcing you to make a difficult and dangerous shot a couple of times.

Jericho is by making those 5 accomplishments and Shields and Bogey in the same game. That will light the center insert and the center shot lights for Jericho. The Jericho mode starts all of the modes at once, and you have to make all the shots to finish it. It is really tough because the magnets are causing chaos and it is a one ball mode. So no holding the other ball trying to fake your way through it.

And finally DOD Multiball. To get this you have to take a leg off the game and head into the forest. You have to find the footprints of a unicorn and trail it for many miles. Finally you have to sneak up on the unicorn and kill it by a strike to the horn with the game leg. You then have to dissect the unicorn and remove the rainbow colored power balls from its heart. Finally you have to take those balls and the game leg out of the forest back to your game where you will need to have Robert Downy Jr. ready to kiss the balls as you install them in the game. Finally, DOD Multiball starts, at which point you drain because you had unicorn blood on your hands and your finger slipped off the flipper button.

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well said.
It's still one of my all time favorite pins, and has been for a very long time now. Completely fell in love the very first time I played it several years ago. It definitely stands the test of time for me.

There's something about IM...at first look, the PF looks sparse and cheap. But, set it up right and get it playing fast... and the game comes to life. It plays like nothing else out there. I love the game too, and can't see mine leaving any time soon.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And finally DOD Multiball. To get this you have to take a leg off the game and head into the forest. You have to find the footprints of a unicorn and trail it for many miles. Finally you have to sneak up on the unicorn and kill it by a strike to the horn with the game leg. You then have to dissect the unicorn and remove the rainbow colored power balls from its heart. Finally you have to take those balls and the game leg out of the forest back to your game where you will need to have Robert Downy Jr. ready to kiss the balls as you install them in the game. Finally, DOD Multiball starts, at which point you drain because you had unicorn blood on your hands and your finger slipped off the flipper button.

For that brilliant quip, sir, I award you TWO Internets!!!

Later,
EV

#127 8 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Iron has some good shots, but the unbalanced scoring kills it for me. The Iron Man bash toy is, eh. The 3 spinners are cool, and the ramps are well laid for quick ball return. The war machine and whiplash shots are good shots, but very random ball return on whiplash.
Avatars amp suit is one of the finest, tightest and most satisfying shots in all of pinball-as well as the link shot- a captive ball that releases= brilliant.
While Avatars ramp is eh, the jackpot call outs make up for this and getting to final battle is one tough mother. Years from now I think Avatar will gain more respect.

Different strokes I guess. Ive owned both IM and Avatar LE and prefer Avatar too. Amp suit rocks....now the coffin pod is a different story

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

I see more people getting into pinball every month. What do you see JJ?

Yep me too. Kiss was a good title for this as well. Got alot of calls of never bought a pinball before but I collect everything Kiss! still getting some too. not a Ton of them turned into sales but some have. Our biggest source of adding more buyers into pinball is our showroom floor for sure. I can't tell you how often people come in for some game with there family, thinking about an air hockey or a video game but instead after playing pinball with there kids buy a pinball!

JJ

#129 8 years ago

To that note JJ, thanks for letting me and the kids mess around on the showroom and the great chat you and me had and with your co-worker.. thanks

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is the best description I have ever heard and is actually far more simple than I thought. I thought you also had to get Stan Lee re-attach the leg while bouncing on a poogo stick.

#131 8 years ago

So this is the VE for 2015. Guess we'll have to wait another year for...another IM VE.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 87.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 24.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 131 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-ironman-ve-nib/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.