Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by JoeJet
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4754.JPG
    IMG_4744.JPG
    IMG_4747.JPG
    IMG_4762.JPG
    IMG_4760.JPG
    IMG_4759.JPG
    IMG_4758.JPG
    IMG_4756.JPG
    IMG_4752.JPG
    IMG_4738.JPG
    IMG_4739.JPG
    IMG_4711.JPG
    IMG_4729.JPG
    IMG_4723.JPG
    IMG_4719.JPG
    IMG_4718.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

F.S. In Ga. HUO Stern Pins

Added: 2015-05-21 01:35:53 UTC • Ended: July 15th, 2015
    Condition: HUO - Documented (Home Used Only)

Price

An older guy here in the Atlanta area just downsized, and took up a new hobby. All were purchased NIB from the old Greater Southern Distributing, and were in a finished basement from when they were unboxed. They are everything you would expect, but if there are any blemishes whatsoever, they were either like that out of box, or in my transport from his place, to mine, as I was alone, in a pick-up truck, and had elbow surgery, last week.No leg felt, so inside legs have whatever paint loss happens. Today was the first time legs have been off. 7 pins total, and I will clasify them as A-B-C titles. Flat priced in each class. 1 will be sold to a local friend of mine, and he has 2 youngish daughters, so it will be one of the non offensive themes. I will create a photo album in a day or 2, but like I said, they are exactly what you would expect.
    A titles - $5500.00
    Family Guy

B titles - $4500.00
    Ripleys BION

C titles - $3500.00
    Nascar

Please reply to
    __________@_______ [email removed]
    Tom

Not 1 of the games has over 350 total plays.

Item photos

huo audits 003.JPG
    huo audits 004.JPG
    huo audits 005.JPG
    huo audits 006.JPG
    huo audits 013.JPG
    huo audits 014.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are elcolonel's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to elcolonel's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Dacula, GA, US

#2 8 years ago

Wow Tom - haven't seen you since the good old RGP days - buy with confidence from this gent.

Scott

#3 8 years ago

I bought a machine from Tom maybe five years ago and shipped to LA. Great seller, easy to deal with and everything was exactly as described. Deal with confidence.

#4 8 years ago

Wow....sounds like a nice deal for SM and LOTR....if only it were different circumstances and he wanted trades

#5 8 years ago

Scott,
    It has been a very long time. Have been out of the loop for quite some time, but this popped up, and I had to jump. Other than a NGG, that I ran across about a month ago, this is the first bulk find for me, in probably 5 or 6 years.
    Tom

#6 8 years ago

Since you have been out of the loop Tom, you may want to consider dropping your prices $500 to $1000 on each title you have listed. You are shooting on the high side of a falling market for many of these higher end titles. I know you are happy for the bulk purchase and going for the quick flip, but if you look around even at Pinside recent sales you will see that many of the titles can be found quite a bit cheaper than your current asking prices (off pinside often even less).

Given your top dollar prices, most people here are also going to ask for high quality photos of each game which specifically point out and flaws or blemishes. You best bet for a sale at these prices is to proactively post up lots of photos and also specifically highlight any issues.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Since you have been out of the loop Tom, you may want to consider dropping your prices $500 to $1000 on each title you have listed. You are shooting on the high side of a falling market for many of these higher end titles. I know you are happy for the bulk purchase and going for the quick flip, but if you look around even at Pinside recent sales you will see that many of the titles can be found quite a bit cheaper than your current asking prices (off pinside often even less).
    Given your top dollar prices, most people here are also going to ask for high quality photos of each game which specifically point out and flaws or blemishes. You best bet for a sale at these prices is to proactively post up lots of photos and also specifically highlight any issues.

Would also agree with this. Prices are way too high. From the sounds of it these have never been shopped either. Old rubber is not fun rubber.

#8 8 years ago

Obviously not any pics yet, but wouldn't you guys say a single owner HUO game generally is worth a premium of 500 bucks to most?

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Obviously not any pics yet, but wouldn't you guys say a single owner HUO game generally is worth a premium of 500 bucks to most?

The things that threw me off were mainly NASCAR and Sopranos. I feel like the value for good NASCAR is around $2000-$2500 and a good Sopranos around $3500.

These may be so beautiful that they can get the extra premium, but we haven't seen any pics as you mention.

#10 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

nope, especially not in the case of an obvious original owner that it seems just bought the new Sterns and likely knows nothing about maintainence.

HUO means very little when talking about modern Stern games as many are home use and not very old in the bigger spectrum.

Aside from that condition is all that matters.

I have seen single owner HUO game with rotten rubber, filthy, and plenty of issues.

The prices are quite high even if they are perfect condition. For a quick example the last 3 HUO FG in perfect condition I have seen for sale were asking ~4500.

I don't have time to do the linking for all of them but here are a few quick examples for FG
    Chromed out appeared nice good photos asking 4800
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-family-guy

nice looking game with mods and lots of photos asking 4500
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-family-guy-stern-2007

there are a few other recent example in some of the regional FS thread but I am not going throug the effort to dig them up.

Across the board I would say prices are ~1k high to start 'asking' assuming he is looking for a sale.

#11 8 years ago

Hmmm, the machine that has been played the most out of this bunch has less than 350 plays (probably Monopoly) prices could very much be in line not enough info or pics to even comment on pricing at least not for me. Love price policing without the proper info, pretty typical.

#12 8 years ago

Simple, don't buy them.

#13 8 years ago

SM and LOTR at 5500 are good deals... FGY HUO is around 4500 I'd say... SOP should move at 3.5-4K, dunno about NASCAR.. 3K?

#14 8 years ago

Woooooo..... RBION is now a $4500 game ...... time to sell mine with the New England premium cost on top of that

Would love to get that HUO Monopoly ..... the ones I see now all seem to be a little beat up

#15 8 years ago
    Quoted from twinmice:

Simple, don't buy them.

only a few would...

#16 8 years ago

I agree on the SM. It will sell at that price if pics are provided. I don't ship pins though. The other games are priced a little bit above what I realistically see them selling for in the summertime. Around the holidays, it could happen.

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

For LOTR and SM he isn't off except that these may not be shopped. Even if it has low plays a HUO game with 10 year old rubber is not worth the same as a huo from a collector who shops it regularly.

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

For LOTR and SM he isn't off except that these may not be shopped. Even if it has low plays a HUO game with 10 year old rubber is not worth the same as a huo from a collector who shops it regularly.

...and plays it regularly? My game is HUO since 2003 and has thousands of plays on it. I'd say his is probably worth a little (just a little) bit more than mine, crummy rubber and all

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from metallik:

...and plays it regularly? My game is HUO since 2003 and has thousands of plays on it. I'd say his is probably worth a little (just a little) bit more than mine, crummy rubber and all

Condition is what matters. If the balls rusted at all and he has run them around the playfield yours might be in better shape.

#20 8 years ago

I would like to buy the monopoly

Please contact me

#21 8 years ago

Tom was moving pins in the 90s. I think he knows what he's doing.

Got a perfect afm from him in 2001 for $3200. That was top dollar for a pin back then. sigh...

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from MarcG:

Tom was moving pins in the 90s. I think he knows what he's doing.
    Got a perfect afm from him in 2001 for $3200. That was top dollar for a pin back then. sigh...

Yep, I bought a POTC back in '08 for $2700. I remember passing on a WH20 for $800 that he also had at the time...

3 weeks later
    #23 8 years ago

Just checking in to say Tom is the real deal and a great guy to work with. The number of plays on these games in my opinion was LESS than the audits.. likely alot of start buttons pushed with no play.

Heres some "you snooze you loose" pics..

Sopranos

IMG_4693.JPGIMG_4693.JPGIMG_4694.JPGIMG_4694.JPGIMG_4697.JPGIMG_4697.JPGIMG_4710.JPGIMG_4710.JPGIMG_4718.JPGIMG_4718.JPGIMG_4719.JPGIMG_4719.JPGIMG_4723.JPGIMG_4723.JPGIMG_4729.JPGIMG_4729.JPGIMG_4711.JPGIMG_4711.JPG

#24 8 years ago

Monopoly.. all I had to do on both games is replace flipper rubber.
    IMG_4739.JPGIMG_4739.JPG

IMG_4738.JPGIMG_4738.JPGIMG_4752.JPGIMG_4752.JPGIMG_4756.JPGIMG_4756.JPGIMG_4758.JPGIMG_4758.JPGIMG_4759.JPGIMG_4759.JPGIMG_4760.JPGIMG_4760.JPGIMG_4762.JPGIMG_4762.JPGIMG_4747.JPGIMG_4747.JPGIMG_4744.JPGIMG_4744.JPGIMG_4754.JPGIMG_4754.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-in-ga-huo-stern-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.