Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 128 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Elvira looks.gif
    donny-please-1.gif
    fainted-1.jpg
    elvira.jpg
    IMG_0594.JPG
    IMG_0592.JPG
    IMG_0593.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

Maybe you missed this part.

No. That is exactly my point. The HEP label alone tells you little (or at least it tells me little). It could be loaded with reproduced parts, correct?? If it was 100% all original I would put a higher value on it too. But you guys are only arguing the value of the "HEP label" by itself.

Quoted from Saveleaningtower:

Chili. Unfortunately for you and your SS, the market doesn't put a higher value on huo originals versus Hep. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I know I'd rather have hep. Actually, the best case scenario is sending a nib pin to Chris for the royal treatment. Many people have done this with their Sterns and I was considering it with my nib TRON LE.

There is little doubt that HEP restorations are very desirable for some. Although, I don't know if it's really realistic to expect to get the same amount of money out of the game that you put into it (to HEP) when you go to resell. We'll see. How long has this been for sale now?

#102 8 years ago

Chili. Unfortunately for you and your SS, the market doesn't put a higher value on huo originals versus Hep. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I know I'd rather have hep. Actually, the best case scenario is sending a nib pin to Chris for the royal treatment. Many people have done this with their Sterns and I was considering it with my nib TRON LE.

I also prefer natural beauties over restorations (but own/love both). I've never understood why anyone would send a NIB Stern to HEP for "restoration". Folks who do this REALLY have money to burn!

#103 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

There is little doubt that HEP restorations are very desirable for some. Although, I don't know if it's really realistic to expect to get the same amount of money out of the game that you put into it (to HEP) when you go to resell. We'll see. How long has this been for sale now?

It isn't realistic. I own a HEP AFM that weighed in @ 12.5k IIRC. I'd be lucky to get 9-10k for it. Not a big deal, since I'm not selling it.

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

No. That is exactly my point. The HEP label alone tells you little (or at least it tells me little). It could be loaded with reproduced parts, correct?? If it was 100% all original I would put a higher value on it too. But you guys are only arguing the value of the "HEP label" by itself

You seem to have missed the point, Chris will do what you want. If you insist on all original parts, that's what he will do. If it's impossible to attain the parts, he will refuse the job. Every HEP is done to the owners wishes, and thus the difference in pricing on the same title. The HEP label certainly has value, but you can have a 6k HEP or a 16k HEP strictly depending on the work and material required to meet the owners expectations, but both will be built to his high standards.

#105 8 years ago
    Quoted from Imeh:

You seem to have missed the point, Chris will do what you want. If you insist on all original parts, that's what he will do. If it's impossible to attain the parts, he will refuse the job. Every HEP is done to the owners wishes, and thus the difference in pricing on the same title. The HEP label certainly has value, but you can have a 6k HEP or a 16k HEP strictly depending on the work and material required to meet the owners expectations, but both will be built to his high standards.

No, it seems to be you that is missing my point. So nevermind. GLWS, free bumps.

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

I've never understood why anyone would send a NIB Stern to HEP for "restoration". Folks who do this REALLY have money to burn!

Maybe, maybe not. I have only had 2 NIB Stern experiences, one was LOTR back in 2003 and the other POTC. The clearcoating job on the LOTR was poor. The POTC was much better but still not as I like them.

The LOTR got stripped, cleared, wetsanded and buffed after only 6 months. After assembly the game sat for 6 months unplayed to allow the clear to fully harden. Played the crap out of it for a few years with very minimal ball dimpling.

Unfortunately I had to sell it a few years ago as I needed the funds, but I'd love to see how it has held up.

I have not done the POTC yet, but it will happen unless I sell it first. I do all of my own clearing so the cost is not such a big deal.

All of that being said, I have sworn that if I ever buy another NIB Stern I will play it a few times to make sure there are no issues, then strip it and clear it from the get go. I look at it as insurance that the playfield will hold up over the years and minimize wear and tear down the road.

Michael

#107 8 years ago

Not sure where or why the debate started but anything you need to know from NIB,HUO to total trash can be seen here.Covers 2006 to 2015.
    http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/Examples-of-the-restoration-process

#108 8 years ago
    Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Not sure where or why the debate started but anything you need to know from NIB,HUO to total trash can be seen here.Covers 2006 to 2015.

Can you point us to two examples? One NIB and one total trash. I certainly spent a lot of time looking at your albums and found them to be an endless source of inspiration, but I can't easily tell which one showed up NIB and which one qualified as the bottom of the pit.

Thanks a lot.

#109 8 years ago

Pretty sure what started the debate was the fact that this pin is sweet and out of somebody's budget

#110 8 years ago

You can check out his TAF Prototype restore for an example of a trashed one: http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album582

I remember him doing an Iron Man NIB which I thought was crazy. Be sure to check out his King Kong threads on Pinside for some neat reads.

I know I'd love to have any of the machines in his gallery, HEP does some amazing work for sure...

#111 8 years ago

I know one thing, I would give a kidney for a HEP Medusa. One day it will happen for me!

#112 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I know one thing, I would give a kidney for a HEP Medusa. One day it will happen for me!

Eeek,, I just hope it's willing and you wake up in a hospital and not a bathtub full of ice... lol

#113 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jean-Luc-Picard:

Eeek,, I just hope it's willing and you wake up in a hospital and not a bathtub full of ice... lol

I never said my kidney!!!! Just a kidney.

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I never said my kidney!!!! Just a kidney.

In that case, "Your Victims Kidney" lol

#115 8 years ago
    Quoted from lb1:

Can you point us to two examples? One NIB and one total trash. I certainly spent a lot of time looking at your albums and found them to be an endless source of inspiration, but I can't easily tell which one showed up NIB and which one qualified as the bottom of the pit.
    Thanks a lot.

NIB Diner.
    http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album319

NIB IM
    http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album408

Are just a couple examples and represent two totally different approaches.

#116 8 years ago

I am literally salivating over the NIB Diner. Very cool.. I was also not too surprised to see that the original cup had yellowed after 25 years in the box. Where did the new one come from?

If it was my game, I would have stripped it and clearcoated it right then and there. That way the pf would look like that forever.

Michael

#117 8 years ago

Back on topic, bump for sale

#118 8 years ago

thank you. offers coming in. unfortunately they need to be north of $10,000. i really can't begin to consider anything lower than that. ant

#119 8 years ago

thank you. offers coming in. unfortunately they need to be north of $10,000. i really can't begin to consider anything lower than that. ant

$9999.99

#120 8 years ago

I'll cover the extra penny if you go through with it.

#121 8 years ago

I would but I hate Elvira. (gasp!)

#122 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I would but I hate Elvira. (gasp!)

I'm not a huge Elivra fan either but her shtick combined with the shots and humor on this pin make it work.

GLWS!

#124 8 years ago

NIB Diner.
    http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album319
    NIB IM
    http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album408
    Are just a couple examples and represent two totally different approaches.

Very interesting and thanks a lot for taking the time to document this. For one, I had no idea you couldn't clear coat over the NIB Diner playfield.

#126 8 years ago

Bump..

#128 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

It was a beauty! And I did play it. You should have told me you wanted it. It was within grasp just a few months ago...

http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album344

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-hep-scared-stiff/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.