(Topic ID: 124939)

For sale: FS: A bunch of used playfields on ebay

By kruzman

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

10810.jpg
    P5016672.JPG
    P5016688.JPG
    P5016705.JPG
    P5016769.JPG
    P5016755.JPG
    P5016740.JPG
    P5016660.JPG
    P5016650.JPG
    P5016642.JPG
    P4186561.JPG
    P4186589.JPG
    P4186538.JPG
    P4186522.JPG
    P4186501.JPG
    P4186475.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 9 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Parts - for sale

FS: A bunch of used playfields on ebay

Added: 2015-04-18 23:03:56 UTC • Ended: June 4th, 2015

Price

Make offer

I just listed a couple 8 playfields on epay to get rid of some duplicates. if interested, you can save money by contacting me outside epay
    Here is a link:
    ebay.com link: ebay.com

pickup is available at PATZ!!

Item photos

P4186471.JPG
    P4186475.JPG
    P4186501.JPG
    P4186522.JPG
    P4186538.JPG
    P4186589.JPG
    P4186561.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are kruzman's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to kruzman's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Galesburg, MI, US

#2 9 years ago

You got some good ones in there Ron. GL with the sales bud

#3 9 years ago

PM sent on T2

#4 9 years ago

PM sent thanks

#5 9 years ago

Darn too nice for what I am looking for. Wanting to cut one up someone wouldnt want to use and make it into a desk lamp.

#6 9 years ago

afm and t2 are sold. thank you folks!
    Now who wants that JP topper I have listed in there. I can give a discount outside the ebay fees

#7 9 years ago

I just wanted to post that superman and one of the scared stiff are sold. If I have time I will pull another 10. It takes a lot of time to download the pics and take the pics, and all of that, while trying to get ready for patz. I am finishing a MM resto that looks so good that I promised to have complete for the show.

here is a thought for the day. I hear this every single day, sometimes many times a day. People will contact me to ask if I have a pf in stock. If I have it I say yes, and I describe it, the flaws, and the price. Every single day I hear back from someone who is just outraged because the price of the pf is more than he paid for the game!!!!!!! This week someone wanted a harlem globetrotters pf and I told him the really nice nos is 600. he was blown away because he only paid 50 for the game!!

I just want some folks who don't know that it cost the same to make a pf, no matter what the title. a kiss pf cost the same to make as a dolly parton, and a pinbot cost the same as an attack from mars. brake pads for a 1987 camery cost the same as pads for a new camery.how much the game is worth or you paid for it, is none of my business, at all. I sell pf's. actually, I am phasing out pf sales because of the cost now days.

I have a feeling I just set my self up for a bunch of pranks.

ok I have to share one more. a guy contacted me thru ebay with a very simple letter. I want a tommy pf.
    so I wrote back I have a nice nos tommy for 700.

here was his reply, which was my first laugh of the day. I am not posting his name because I don't think that would be right, but maybe he will post on this thread. anyway here is the reply

No no no thanks seems a little high bought the game 4 years ago for 1600. that price seems like an eBay price it world have to been cleared by one of the big boys and you're not one of them.good luck bro

he contacted me thru ebay by the way.
    Maybe you have to deal with the 50 emails a day to get a laugh out of this one, but it worked for me.
    cheers, bros
    kruzman

anyway I wanted to bump my post and share some of my grief with you all

#8 9 years ago

Well Ron didn't you know you were supposed to GIVE them away to show your a good guy in the hobby. Some people just don't have a clue. GLWS

2 weeks later
    #9 8 years ago

I added another 8 or so pf to the list, and everything that didn't sell from the last listing is now make offer. If you are serious, you should pm me with an offer. If I don't have to pay ebay 10% I can lower the price.
    here are some of the pf's listed as wall hangers or restorables

afm very restorable
    whirlwind. very little work necessary. I wish people send pf's like this to be restored
    T2
    Getaway
    Black water 100
    No good gophers
    bride of pinbot
    space station wall hanger
    Funhouse. I also have a nice overlay available
    F-14
    white water
    JP topper

I will try to pull 10 more next week.
    here is a link to my store on ebay

ebay.com link: ebay.com

P5016642.JPGP5016642.JPG P5016650.JPGP5016650.JPG P5016660.JPGP5016660.JPG P5016740.JPGP5016740.JPG P5016755.JPGP5016755.JPG P5016769.JPGP5016769.JPG P5016705.JPGP5016705.JPG P5016688.JPGP5016688.JPG P5016672.JPGP5016672.JPG
    #10 8 years ago

This is off topic but I just found a nos populated EATPM pf on ebay. It has 3 pics from far away and no description. I was very interested, but I am guessing it is going to be a chore to get a description of the condition of the finish and or planking. 12 pics are free and the description is free. the bidd starts at 2k. I don't get it

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from kruzman:

This is off topic but I just found a nos populated EATPM pf on ebay. It has 3 pics from far away and no description. I was very interested, but I am guessing it is going to be a chore to get a description of the condition of the finish and or planking. 12 pics are free and the description is free. the bidd starts at 2k. I don't get it

Hey! I bought that pf. I'm not sure what you saw but I saw 4 pictures posted and the pf was described as populated and NOS (in the original shipped crate/box.) It was listed as "buy it now" not as an auction so I just bought it. The seller looked to have solid feedback so I took a chance. But I certainly don't expect any planking or condition issues since it was listed as NOS.

#12 8 years ago

Going to check out your wares now

#13 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

But I certainly don't expect any planking or condition issues since it was listed as NOS.

If it was ever stored in a garage, it will have plenty of planking, NOS or not.

#14 8 years ago

Just because it's NOS, doesn't mean it's perfect. It's still 30 years old.

#15 8 years ago

NOS doesn't mean much any more. Many of the desireable NOS playfields are over 20 years old and have been tossed around from place to place. They weren't made to be "collected". Most NOS playfields that are 20+ years old will need Ron to fix the issues and clear it so I usually figure to add another $1K or more to anything that is that old as it's a crap shoot on what show's up in the mail. Thinking a playfield of that age wont have any planking or other issue's is crazy. I've seen playfields that are NOS that Ron turns away and the owner's dont under stand why. The simple answer is that it will cost far more to repair correctly then it will ever be worth or what the owner will be willing to pay because " I only paid $200 for the game".

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek ,Mi.
    269-979-3836

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinChili:

Hey! I bought that pf. I'm not sure what you saw but I saw 4 pictures posted and the pf was described as populated and NOS (in the original shipped crate/box.) It was listed as "buy it now" not as an auction so I just bought it. The seller looked to have solid feedback so I took a chance. But I certainly don't expect any planking or condition issues since it was listed as NOS.

I saw that one, i didnt like the look of it upside down resting on the ramps. I hope it arrives to you safe and sound!

#17 8 years ago
    Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I saw that one, i didnt like the look of it upside down resting on the ramps. I hope it arrives to you safe and sound!

I'll ask questions, thanks all for the head's up. He said he would call me tomorrow first (before I pay him) so I said fine. I'm really not sure how common it is to see planking on any EATPM in general? But this person has sold many, many other pinball items (among other things) and does have a 100% feedback rating on over 2300 items so that's pretty solid at least.

#18 8 years ago

He could've sold 2300 packs of gum for all you know

#19 8 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

He could've sold 2300 packs of gum for all you know

No, I looked through his history. Tons of expensive items and as noted he's sold many pinball items.

Did not intend to hijack Ron's FS thread here, but hey, some free bumps Ron.

I wish you had a nice JD playfield to sell!

#20 8 years ago

Whoever beat me to that F14... I'm mad. Needed those blasted arrow inserts!

#21 8 years ago

Hey Ron,

Do you have the time to touch up and clear any of these for a buyer? Thought I'd seen you were just clearing for the time being.

Thanks & Best Wishes

#22 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If it was ever stored in a garage, it will have plenty of planking, NOS or not.

Pardon my ignorance- is that from temperature variation and changes in humidity, or something else? Any suggestions for minimizing the harm if you have nowhere else to store?

Thanks, Vid.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Tribonian:

Pardon my ignorance- is that from temperature variation and changes in humidity, or something else? Any suggestions for minimizing the harm if you have nowhere else to store?

Temp fluctuation planks playfields and cracks backglass paint.

If you only have unconditioned space to store a game, you might take the backglass and playfield into the house.

If they whole thing has to be in a garage, you might try a large reptile heating mat in the cab to stabilize the temps - a biker bar does that with it's pins because they are only open and heated 3 days a week. So far, so good.

#24 8 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

NOS doesn't mean much any more. Many of the desireable NOS playfields are over 20 years old and have been tossed around from place to place. They weren't made to be "collected". Most NOS playfields that are 20+ years old will need Ron to fix the issues and clear it so I usually figure to add another $1K or more to anything that is that old as it's a crap shoot on what show's up in the mail. Thinking a playfield of that age wont have any planking or other issue's is crazy. I've seen playfields that are NOS that Ron turns away and the owner's dont under stand why. The simple answer is that it will cost far more to repair correctly then it will ever be worth or what the owner will be willing to pay because " I only paid $200 for the game".
    John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek ,Mi.
    269-979-3836

I don't know....I bought a NOS Space Station pf that's perfect but that's probably because the entire pf is mylar'd.

#25 8 years ago
    10810.jpg10810.jpg
    #26 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Temp fluctuation planks playfields and cracks backglass paint.
    If you only have unconditioned space to store a game, you might take the backglass and playfield into the house.
    If they whole thing has to be in a garage, you might try a large reptile heating mat in the cab to stabilize the temps - a biker bar does that with it's pins because they are only open and heated 3 days a week. So far, so good.

Thanks! It gets hot as Hades in he summer here but I should be able to get a reptile mat for the relatively mild winter.

#27 8 years ago

I get the guys to plug in a low wattage bulb in each pin.

#28 8 years ago

ok couple things here.. when it comes to nos pf's like matta hari, playboy and EK, paragon...
    95% are quite planked. Since I sand off all of the existing finish (since it is failing) that takes of about 1/2 of the planking, but where ever the planking goes thru light colors has to be painted,
    Now when it comes to sys 11, now we are talking51% are planked enough to cost another 500 in painting. The reason I mentioned it is because the seller is my competition. someone who dosent do it for a living, and it wont ruien his rep if it has all kinds of planking especialy since 40 % 0f people now don't know what it is and will be happy because it is better than theirs. Little do they know that the finish material has a 30 years life expectancy, and soon as the ball hits it, it will wear fast. But the big problem is NO verbal description and no use of the 12 free pics. heck I am selling pf's for wall hangers that I tell people you wont be able to restore it. so many people want to buy some of my bad pf;s and install them in their games as is, and I have to stop the sale and tell them they are thinking wrong.
    This is one of the diffrences of buying a pf from someone who is a pf professional, and someone who is selling one for top dollar and goes back to work for exxon. I have to be honest that the customer he doesn't have the skills to restore the pf to good as new, and not to buy it, because one bummed customer can cause me lots of damage. what willit matter to someone who has a job that already pays 100k a year?

#29 8 years ago

who was wishing I had a JD?
    Not only do I have a nos JD pf, I have a nice used one that could easily be made perfect. heck I even have a beautiful JD game, that is one of the nicest. It was at patz for sale, and still is for sale.

#30 8 years ago

Lastly the whirlwind is sold, so is the f14, and fh.
    I have f 14 inserts and I may have another f14 pf. if you want pf's you should always contact your full service pf retailer. This is why my stuff cost a little more. I have 70K of inventory.

lastly, I have gotten a lot of emails asking for pf titles, but many people are saying things like "I love your work and someday hope to have one"

I want to thank you people for your kindness. My biggest problem in my job is selling my art which is very personal, and near to my heart. I don't have to do the best work I possibly can, but when I do and it works out.... and the customer notices, and bothers to say wow. It really juices me up. much like when I do a full 200 hour repaint on a xenon pf, and people don't realize it is not nos, but when I try to get 7 bucks an hour, they say "CPR sells them for 700"

so if you don't understand why I don't do many restores any more, its because that at 7 dollars an hour, people say it is too much. Of course it looks like looking in to the eye of god, but 1400 for a cleared, better than nos xenon is "more than I paid for the game" I hear that every single day

#31 8 years ago

Good morning my pinball brothers and sisters. The t2 is sold, but if you were just about to buy that, I have another I will list eventually. I made a list of the 56 used pf that I have not listed, that I plan to list about 8 at a time, per week.
    I was going to post the list, but then I know I will get hundreds of emails asking questions about each, so how about this. Just go ahead post right on here if there is any title you are seriously looking for. weather it be for wall or restore. I will use the request to help me decide which pf's to bring up next for sale.

This is a great op for you guys who want to try to start restoring, and touching up. I have some for 75 for practice. since I bought almost all of them on ebay I paid 50 dollars shipping, on each. also on sooo many I paid a heck of a lot more than they were worth. sometimes because of the title, sometimes because of misleading pics. I will say this, so far all of the pf's I have listed, the prices are no mare than what I have in to each. and quite a few are listed at less than I paid with shiping.

For some it has been like 8 years, and I haven't got a chance to get to them, I don't see it happening. of course there are some pf's I am not going to list because if I ever do get a chance to restore them I can sell for top dollar, like safe cracker, shadow. Guns and roses.

Thanks to the people who have bought pf's, and the folks who just wrote positive emails.

also look for my monthly list of nos pf's for sale/ trade.
    cheers, ron kruzman (pf big boy)

#32 8 years ago

I would like a Stargate PF. Let me know if you have one.

thanks

#33 8 years ago

Eight Ball Deluxe

#34 8 years ago

If you have a very nice PF for Stern Galaxy, I would like to buy it. Mine is fairly worn. Thanks.

#35 8 years ago

I might be interested in Williams Pharaoh upper and lower playfields, if they're in better shape than the ones I currently have.

#36 8 years ago

Not doin too good yet. I do have a upper pharaoh which is hard to spell. But remember,all of these pf's are used and need to be restored to some level, so if you are thinking you will get a pf nice enough to do a pf swap, as is. That just is not going to happen. I am surprised to realize that a lot of people are thinking that way. a pf swap is a big deal, and I don't kn ow anyone who would do it with just a nice used pf (when it could easily be restored and cleared) although I said this before publicly and someone totally disagreed with me. so ???????? what do I know.

#37 8 years ago

SORRY FOLKS, I JUST GOT MY FIRST "THAT IS MORE THAN I PAID FOR THE WHOLE GAME" EMAIL. When this happens the computer gets tossed aside until tomorrow morning. I realize I am exposing my buttons, but do you know how many time I hear that stupid statement when it means nothing to me at all. some games cost 400 bucks like flash, some games cost7000 like MB. since the pf is about 15% of the mass of a game, if a nos flash pf is over 60 bucks, its a no deal?
    Or like I hear often that they got the game for a steal like a KISS for 400, and let me tell you they love to bragg about it, but then for sure I am going to hear that the pf "IS MORE THAN I PAID FOR THE GAME!!!!!""" Boo hoo hhooooo I just want to tell them to go kill themselves, but they wouldn't get it.
    so anyway. if you need me I will answer emails tomorrow cheers, ron

#38 8 years ago

Hi Ron- here's a reverse button: I'm genuinely happy the PF I'm buying from you cost me more (about 25%) than the machine! The value of the game (to me) is not just cost based. By my simplistic reckoning, the ball will be in contact with the pf during 99.9% of playing time so a great pf is worth a substantial investment. I am very grateful you can provide the expertise I lack at what I find to be a very reasonable cost.

Speaking of which, I'd've been all over that Whitewater if I thought I could do anything with it myself. Since I can't, I remain curious if you'd be willing to restore and clear any of the playfields you list. I would not expect to jump your queue of work and am willing to pay a premium for your skills. For a potential buyer like me, the real value is not so much in the inventory itself, but the value you are able to add.

All my Best!

#39 8 years ago

Hey Ron, do you have a Shadow you'll be clearing soon? I missed the last one you did, hoping for another.

#40 8 years ago

Don't mind about half-minded people bitching, you can just ignore those. There are plenty of hobbyists that really values your excellent work and skills.

Btw. most of those playfields are much nicer that these old European "container-pins" has. And don't know about the prices that those will go for but staring point is VERY reasonable, I would say cheap.

Sorry for offtopic, no need (or money) to invest on another projects.

#41 8 years ago

I'm interested in the getaway pf. Is it just the pics or does the shift insert have a crack in it?

Thanks

1 week later
    #42 8 years ago

sorry to have not caught up with this thread. a lot of the pf's have sold, but if you go to the ebay link in the first post you can see what is left. the getaway sold, and the pool sharks just sold. I am going to try to pick another 8 to put up for sale, but I cant tell if people want wallhangers (that means older titles, because the price will be lower) or do people want restorable pf's?
    I have had to tell a lot of people that I don't suggest investing in all of the work of a pf swap without restoring the pf. If the pf is close to new, it will be that much les work to make perfect, and clear. this will make your work worth while, and worth money. if you sell a game with a restored nice pf it will sell for whatever you want assuming you did a good job. if you do all of the work to just install a used pf, it is just a normal used game, I doubt the value went up much at all.

I do have a shadow used pf, that I would like to restore because the only thing that has to be done is paint the sacktom hole, and go thru the insert key lines for cracks and you have a new pf, which I can sell for a lot with clear, so I hate to sel those. the problem is I don't have the time, so if someone offers a nice price, I will sell it. I paid over 400 plus ship for it because of the condition, and that was a deal, if you think about the posiblities.
    also I am going to make my monthly list of nos pf today, so watch for that. cheers, ron

always looking for more nos/new repro pf's for cash or trade. or I will trade games for pf's and vice versa.
    cheers, kruzman

#43 8 years ago

If you ever come across a tmnt play field please pm I have an ok one but everything else on this machine is getting upgraded as we speak. Thanks Brian

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-a-bunch-of-used-playfields-on-ebay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.