printing-money (resized).jpg
IMG_1136 (resized).PNG
IMG_1137 (resized).PNG
IMG_1135 (resized).PNG
20170726_211350 (resized).jpg
20170726_211358 (resized).jpg
20170726_211414 (resized).jpg
20170726_211437 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Frontier

Added: 2017-07-25 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (September 7th, 2017) • Ended: September 16th, 2017
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 3,200 (Firm)

Price is firm

Bally Frontier. Send me a PM.

Thanks,
Chris

Item photos

20170726_170317 (resized).jpg
20170726_170326 (resized).jpg
20170726_170340 (resized).jpg
20170726_170333 (resized).jpg
20170726_170403 (resized).jpg
20170726_170348 (resized).jpg
20170726_170429 (resized).jpg
20170726_170420 (resized).jpg
20170726_211521 (resized).jpg
20170726_211437 (resized).jpg
20170726_211414 (resized).jpg
20170726_211358 (resized).jpg
20170726_211350 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are kidchrisso's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to kidchrisso's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 3,200

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

St. Louis, MO, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 6 years ago

So is this an auction?

#3 6 years ago

A number of us are looking in Canada. Almost always the playfields are badly worn out.

#4 6 years ago

Well someone has to start the ball rolling...I will give you your asking price of $1

#5 6 years ago

$1.98 and not a penny more!

#7 6 years ago

You might want to move the game outside to eliminate all the shadows. Pictures in natural light will show everything. Also, with a game like Frontier, you should show the underside of the playfield as well as pics of the boards and connectors.

#8 6 years ago

Well in those pics it looks to be in fantastic original shape. Would like to see better pics.

#9 6 years ago

Were you at the Havok/BLACK FAST/Tropical Storm show at FUBAR? If not sorry bout yer luck.
Afterthought...GLWS.

#10 6 years ago

How about list a price and gauge interest? Perhaps set it a bit higher than what you'd like and negotiate from there. It's always tough to be fair to interested parties when it's basically a silent auction. My two cents anyways.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

How about list a price and gauge interest? Perhaps set it a bit higher than what you'd like and negotiate from there. It's always tough to be fair to interested parties when it's basically a silent auction. My two cents anyways.

Ok, I added pricing to the ad. Guess we will see where it ends up.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Well in those pics it looks to be in fantastic original shape.

Thank you. I think it's a nice example for its age. I have only had it for about 4 months.

#14 6 years ago

I can only assume $3800 is as farcical as a $1 is?

#15 6 years ago

Would love to have one of these someday. This and or Viking. Good luck. Looks very nice.

#16 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

...and or Viking.

I'll keep you in mind cw...

#17 6 years ago

Bad touch up in the blue, flaking or peeling glass. Apparently sold mine way too cheap.

#18 6 years ago

I've never played Frontier, but it never comes up IMO. I don't think the price is that far fetched considering other Bally SS games can sell for similar prices in comparable condition.

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I've never played Frontier, but it never comes up IMO. I don't think the price is that far fetched considering other Bally SS games can sell for similar prices in comparable condition.

I agree

#20 6 years ago

Imho, Frontier destroys Fathom for playability and they only made 1100

#21 6 years ago

Great cabinet, good backglass and a really nice playfield only worn over the easiest to touch up solid blue areas.
Good luck with your sale!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Thank you. I think it's a nice example for its age. I have only had it for about 4 months.

At a high-end classic Bally price, I think you need to be more upfront with the touched-up areas and condition of the playfield. Not trying to be a dick, but someone is gonna have this shipped to them and be disappointed in real life. Then we'll have another lengthy seller bashing thread to deal with.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Imho, Frontier destroys Fathom for playability and they only made 1100

I agree that Frontier is a better player than Fathom. Slight correction, I believe Frontier production stands at 1850 units.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from BrianBannon:

I agree that Frontier is a better player than Fathom. Slight correction, I believe Frontier production stands at 1850 units.

True. My bad

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

At a high-end classic Bally price, I think you need to be more upfront with the touched-up areas and condition of the playfield. Not trying to be a dick, but someone is gonna have this shipped to them and be disappointed in real life. Then we'll have another lengthy seller bashing thread to deal with.

I think that my photos are a good representation of the game. If not, I have no issue taking more of them. I know there are not many of these out there and this is NOT a restored example. I know the previous owner did some touch up but I do not know exactly where....especially on the playfield. I don't need to sell this so if I can't get close to my price of what I think it is worth I will keep it for another few years. It will probably go up in value the way the market has been going up. I would prefer a local buyer that can check it out or have another pinsider check it out for someone not local.

#26 6 years ago

These only come up a few times per year. I had 2 and kept one and sold the other in non-working condition for $2300, but wanted more. This one appears to be in pretty dang good shape, not perfect, but better than most.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I know the previous owner did some touch up but I do not know exactly where....especially on the playfield.

This is what I see:

IMG_1135 (resized).PNGIMG_1135 (resized).PNG

IMG_1137 (resized).PNGIMG_1137 (resized).PNG

IMG_1136 (resized).PNGIMG_1136 (resized).PNG

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I've never played Frontier, but it never comes up IMO.

There will be one to play (not for sale) at FreePlay this year

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

This is what I see:

Jesus. $3,800 for that? What a joke.

Where is Whysnow to tell us all how great of a deal this is?

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

This is what I see:

Hey..I get it, your are not my buyer, just trolling instead. Move along.....and get off my lawn! HaHa

#31 6 years ago

I sold an NOS Frontier playfield for 200 bucks in the mid 80's. And it took a while to sell it for that much.

#32 6 years ago

I really, really like the theme and layout on this one. Why on earth can't they make something like that now?

GLWTS!

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Hey..I get it, your are not my buyer, just trolling instead. Move along.....and get off my lawn! HaHa

I will. I just wanted you to be honest about how green your lawn actually is.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from jahbarron:

I will. I just wanted you to be honest about how green your lawn actually is.

It's greener than yours...pics are there for all to view....sorry it's not going to sell for $1500. I have offers in the lower 3's

#35 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I sold an NOS Frontier playfield for 200 bucks in the mid 80's. And it took a while to sell it for that much.

LOL, Mid 80's. The good ole days. I would pay 4 times that now.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Yea...if you can get find one and then pay a few hundred for a nice clear coat.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It's all relative I guess. I paid 50 bucks each for Frontier and about 10 other NOS Bally playfields, including two Capt. Fantastic. Also bought 35 NOS Bally backglasses (including Frontier) for 10 bucks each and sold them in one lot for 45 bucks each.
Got them when Bally Midwest closed down in St. Louis.

Sorry to take your wagon off 'The Frontier Trail' Kidchrisso. I'll get off at this watering hole.

#38 6 years ago

Sell it for what you want, I was asked several times if I would sale mine at PAGG this year after bringing it. It was not for sale, even was asked to name my crazy price.

#39 6 years ago

This thread is a CLASSIC example of pinside price pumping. Take notice of all the frontier owners claiming this is a fair price . We'll see if it sells...

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

It's greener than yours...pics are there for all to view....sorry it's not going to sell for $1500. I have offers in the lower 3's

I never said anything about your asking price or that I even wanted the game. I just took issue with this being pitched as a nice Frontier and there not being full disclosure on the horrible touch-ups and Sharpie work on the wood-worn spots & inserts.

Congratulations on the offers.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

This thread is a CLASSIC example of pinside price pumping. Take notice of all the frontier owners claiming this is a fair price . We'll see if it sells...

It's actually an example of both sides stating there points, one side saying that it is ludicrous price while others are stating it's not.

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I actually think he is a little high, but in fairness it does say OBO. All I know is its a hard one to get a hold of and a great Bally at that.

#43 6 years ago

The bitchers are active I see. Let the dude sell his game how he wants.
As a buyer if you don't ask enough questions or ask for enough pics it's your issue as a buyer.
He didn't say there were no touch ups.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

I didn't say it was a good price, but considering it doesn't show up very often it's going to have some demand, especially with the love it's gotten in the last year or two.

I don't disagree that titles, especially lower runs are susceptible to pump and dump posts/ratings

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Push600:

As a buyer if you don't ask enough questions or ask for enough pics it's your issue as a buyer.

Thank you!

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

was asked several times if I would sale mine at PAGG this year after bringing it. It was not for sale, even was asked to name my crazy price.

I was there. One guy REALLY wanted it. I know he would have paid a lot more than 3500. A lot.
Mebbe y'all can play Mike's next year @ Pin-a-Lo-Di.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Push600:

Yes, "the bitchers". And here you are chiming in

*bump*

#48 6 years ago

LOL! Nice touch ups on that playfield, the price is laughable but at least the photos are "honest".

#49 6 years ago

Does the Sharpie used on the PF come with the game? If possible I'd just like to pay 2500 for it and skip the game.

Quoted from jahbarron:This is what I see:

#50 6 years ago

Cool story, bro

Quoted from embryonjohn:Imho, Frontier destroys Fathom for playability and they only made 1100

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

There are 82 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-frontier and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.