(Topic ID: 154508)

For sale: Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street (Gottlieb, 1994)

By Colsond3

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by NPO
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for trade

For sale: Freddy: A Nightmare On Elm Street (Gottlieb, 1994)

Added: 2016-03-11 02:56:36 UTC • Ended: March 23rd, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

Trade
Listed at $ 2,000

Thinking I would throw it out there for trade to see if anybody is interested. Check out my wish list if interested, or feel free to PM me. Open to cash offers as well. There are additional photos in the forum thread for this ad that were requested, mostly of the PF.

Game is in excellent condition. DMD is nice and bright. New translite, soul bar underneath the Freddy head had been replaced, full LED and some spotlights added on the PF. Freddy flipper glove had blades refurbed/replaced as well. PF is excellent, with only two spots of mylar placed by former owner under the ramp drops in the return lanes, one little spot of wear near the right mylar that was touched up by previous owner. Two tiny little chips above the Claw Save. Overall, PF is very nice. Lighted school bus mod also. Bottom right sling plastic is chipped on the bottom. Not a huge deal, but didn't want to exclude anything.

Cabinet and backbox are excellent, with no fading, and practically no damage other than slight touch ups on the back bottom corners of the BB. Legs have been refurbed, with all new hardware. Original manual and original keyfob also included.

Any questions, let me know.

Item photos

image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Colsond3's market stats.

gold Seller Level

Colsond3 has the Pinside Gold seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Colsond3's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Langhorne, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

#2 8 years ago

Looks pretty solid. Can you provide pics of the right sling plastic and the area that may have wear covered bt mylar.

Thanks

#3 8 years ago

Additional photos attached, as requested. After taking the glass out and staring, the areas I described appear to be it, other than a few little dots of wear right next to the Claw Save between the flippers. You can see the mylar right beneath the drop out from the ramp on each side. It doesn't look bad at all, and the texture/design of the colored mylar he used actually matches pretty well. Doesn't look bad at all. It looks like there a tiny wear spot that's been touched up right next to the mylar in the right return lane, closest to the flippers.

Game is definitely very solid overall, and the PF is very nice with the exception of those few things I described. I attached a few extra photos given that I removed the glass anyway.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#4 8 years ago

BUMP

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Brought home a Freddy last week, and unfortunately my toddler daughter is not liking the artwork or audio. Bummer, as I was looking for one of these for quite a while. Thought I could get away with it, but it appears it might have to go.

That's a shame. I sure get that Freddy can look a bit unsettling to a young one. Did you happen to try keeping it covered?

#6 8 years ago

I did. Even with it covered, she won't step foot anywhere near the room. I'm trying to tough it out and see if it changes, but I knew there was a possibility this could happen. I just wanted the game so I minimized it in my mind.

She had no problem with Devil's Dare when I had it, and that was a pretty freaky backglass. No issue with Gorgar or BSD. I think the audio on this one is part of what's freaking her out.

Covering and uncovering games can be a pain in the ass, and I'm certainly not playing Freddy with the sound turned off. I'm going to try a couple of things this weekend with her, so hopefully I can take the ad down and just keep it.

#7 8 years ago

I've personally seen and recently played this game. It is in great condition. Plug and play. The cab is in amazing shape and overall I'd say the game lived a good life for being produced in the mid 90s.

Not to mention Colson is one of the straight shooting good guys in the game.

Buy with confidence. If I had the room, this would be on its way to Schwenksville.

#8 8 years ago

Price drop to $2,000 bump, or open to trades.

#9 8 years ago

i'd love to have this, coming to Florida anytime soon ?

#10 8 years ago

Currently thats 2,596.92 CAD if you are able to ship drop me a PM. GLWS!

#11 8 years ago

I'd love to play this game! (never have) Are you less than 2 hours from me? (I'll check)

#12 8 years ago

Bump for a great game and a great seller

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

i'd love to have this, coming to Florida anytime soon ?

I wish I was.

Quoted from puck:

Currently thats 2,596.92 CAD if you are able to ship drop me a PM. GLWS!

Have a few offers to ship, but was waiting to hear back from those Pinsiders first given the order of contact. I can let you know if you're definitely interested. I think someone may be coming to look at it today at some point also.

Quoted from spfxted:

I'd love to play this game! (never have) Are you less than 2 hours from me? (I'll check)

You are 1 hr 42 min. Come on down!

#14 8 years ago

Not too bad.
Lemme find out if any of my buddies around here have one for me to play.

#15 8 years ago

Not many of these made 2800 units

#16 8 years ago

Text sent

#17 8 years ago

You do know you could get an audio jack and use headphones to play your game and your daughter wouldn't hear anything, right?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-freddy-a-nightmare-on-elm-street-gottlieb-1994-1999 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.