(Topic ID: 140148)

For sale: for trade: TX Sector , just shopped fresh!

By silver_spinner

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Geocab
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20150923_195701.jpg
20150923_195640.jpg
20150923_195714.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

for trade: TX Sector , just shopped fresh!

Added: 2015-09-29 03:26:09 UTC • Ended: September 30th, 2015
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 2,400

trade or sell for $2400.
let me know what you have for trade. prefer system 11 or dmd game but may consider others.
plays just as it should. super clean play field with clean parts and no ware.
yes this is vittragraph play field version. its minty fresh. early production.
perfect displays no glitches nice gottlieb.
just shopped: all new rubber, play field cleaned and polished, new frosted led lamps under all of the inserts. all board ground mods completed. remote battery holder for mpu. sound board rebuilt with new parts and roms. power supply rebuilt. large capacitor on bottom of cabinet replaced. new large edge connector for mpu. all switches cleaned and gapped properly. new right ramp installed. new play field glass, new feet for legs. cabinet has some swelling as Those era gottliebs sometimes do). besides that, cabinet graphics are nice and its solid. i installed nice black powder coated stock sega legs as well. the originals make the game way too tall. but the original legs i had powder coated and they look new and i still have those. you can have those instead if you want. pickup in michigan or i can ship, or we can ship (game trade) using my account which gets fantastic rates. please MESSAGE me with questions. ill get better photos.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are silver_spinner's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to silver_spinner's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

owosso, mi, US

Location not recognised by our GeoCoder. Please double check the city name and state. If the problem persists, please contact us.

#3 8 years ago

If you are willing to bring to expo you may find more buyers looking.

Also, post up some photos.

My Tx in similar sounding condition is the most common game I get cold PMs on asking to buy. I would put current value at 2kplus easily for a solid player with all the bugs done. Sould easily be able to trade to a solid sys11 or b lister.

I recently picked up a 2nd tx and will be building 1 amazing game from the 2 I have! Such a solid player and rare game.

#4 8 years ago

Pm sent

#5 8 years ago

Agreed why snow. Ill take good pix later this week. I have a few now i took last week prior to new ramp install.

#6 8 years ago

20150923_195714.jpg20150923_195714.jpg20150923_195714.jpg20150923_195714.jpg20150923_195640.jpg20150923_195640.jpg20150923_195701.jpg20150923_195701.jpg

#7 8 years ago

I am amazed that PBR still has so many parts available for Tx tx tx tx tx...

I am interested to see more photos. That may be the vittrigraph playfield? the telport people look different than on either of my games (or my NOS pf).

I am almost sure of it that yours is an early game.

check out the gallery >> here is an example of a more common version https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/tx-sector/gallery

check out the flyer for what appears to be the lighter color boxes around the teleport people on the pf
https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/tx-sector/gallery

I have a preference for the darker (regular) but yours is the more rare IME.

#8 8 years ago

also > 84 wishlisters on pinside so may be worth it to PM some that are close to you

https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/tx-sector/owners

#9 8 years ago

"POWER DRAIN" bump!

Great machine! I wish my wife liked mine more!

#10 8 years ago

what a cool game

lots of people want them should have no problem moving it

#11 8 years ago

I'd love to own a TX, but I'm holding out to find one that needs some love.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

I'd love to own a TX, but I'm holding out to find one that needs some love.

what are you looking for? Most are similar to this, slightly swollen cab but aside from that just in needs of the regular 80b mods.

#13 8 years ago

I've barely missed two in the last couple years that were unshopped for under a grand. The game is really cool and all, but it's not a title I'm willing to pay collector price for. I'll just wait it out and hopefully find the right one, and if not, no big deal.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

I've barely missed two in the last couple years that were unshopped for under a grand. The game is really cool and all, but it's not a title I'm willing to pay collector price for. I'll just wait it out and hopefully find the right one, and if not, no big deal.

so just looking for cheaper and not really in need of love (unless a shopping is the "love" part ).

Keep on the hunt. You will surely find one eventually. To me, it is a title worth paying "collector" prices for and owning now rather than waiting many years over a couple hundred bucks.

#15 8 years ago

I'd agree with you if the difference was a couple hundred bucks. The ones I missed were 650 and 800. I'd pay a grand-ish, but once they start getting close to and over 2k, I'm out.

But this is a for sale thread, not my price preference thread.

Andy has super nice games and I'm sure someone will be happy to grab this TX!

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

For salekinda looking for a trade, but may sell outright. let me know what you have for trade. prefer system 11 or dmd game but may consider others.plays just as it should. super clean playfield with clean parts and no ware. just shopped: all new rubber, playfield cleaned and polished, new frosted led lamps under all of the inserts. all board ground mods completed. remote battery holder for mpu. sound board rebuilt with new parts and roms. power supply rebuilt. large capacitor on bottom of cabinet replaced. new large edge connector for mpu. all switches cleaned and gapped properly. new right ramp installed. new play field glass, new feet for legs. cabinet has some swelling as Those era gottliebs sometimes do). besides that, cabinet graphics are nice and its solid. i installed nice black powder coated stock sega legs as well. the originals make the game way too tall. but the original legs i had powder coated and they look new and i still have those. you can have those instead if you want. pickup in michigan or i can ship, or we can ship (game trade) using my account which gets fantastic rates. please MESSAGE me with questions. ill get better photos.

Linked to ad listing: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25515
Added to the marketplace: September 29th, 2015
Price:
Trade

Condition: Fully restored (shopped)
Located in: owosso, MI, USA

cool looking game

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

cool looking game

It sounds even better than it looks! Maybe my favorite music/sfx package of all time.

#18 8 years ago

Darn it, wish I was tired of one of my games.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

I'd pay a grand-ish, but once they start getting close to and over 2k, I'm out.

gonna need luck and speed then is my guess. People have seen the wonder that is TX. To me it should fall right in line with games the OP is looking for in trade (sys11 and b/c list DMDs).

I will have around 3 into mine once it is all done. Stupid, yes... but I love the game!

#20 8 years ago

The music sounds like a Sega Genesis game.

#21 8 years ago

Great game.

Fun CGR review:

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Geocab:

The music sounds like a Sega Genesis game.

in a GREAT way!

#23 8 years ago

still have it. prolly will just sell outright now. some older projects came up im interested in.
yeah if you can grab one under a grand with all that i have done and a minty playfield and NOS ramp, bulletproofed, etc. more power to you.
the leds alone were $100. premium non ghosting cool white under the inserts.
looks really nice and not blinding. my led of choice.
yes this is vittragraph playfield version. perfect displays no glitches nice gottlieb.

#24 8 years ago

my pix are terrible i know. will get better pix glass off and inside boards etc in a few days. it was a quick on the spot train of thought to offer it up one sale block.

#25 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

in a GREAT way!

I didn't mean it as a negative.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.95
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-for-trade-tx-sector-just-shopped-fresh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.