8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by kse001
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For Sale: The Addams Family

Added: 2015-09-05 14:33:51 UTC • Ended: September 18th, 2015
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 6,800

Up for sale is an Addams Family machine I restored a couple years ago. It has barely been played since then, easily less than 100 plays, probably less than 50. The pictures included at the attached link are current and were not taken immediately after the restoration, so they represent the current condition. The game started off as an overpriced eBay purchase. Unfortunately the seller's idea of "excellent condition" and mine did not match, and once I got it there were a lot of issues - mostly cosmetic - that I did not notice in the pictures. Lesson learned (again!) about buying from eBay. To make matters worse, once I got it in the house and finally finished the restoration, it turned out to not really be my kind of game after all, so it's just been sitting as part of my collection since then.

I did a complete tear down. Any defects on the the head and cabinet were filled and then both were smooth sanded - inside and out, top and bottom. The cabinet and head were then repainted and re-decaled. New grounding braid and interior metal receptacle cover installed. Fresh text silk screened on back of machine and back box. Playfield was sent out to HSA for a level 2 restore/clearcoat. Wiring harness scrubbed and cleaned before re-installation. Replaced coils that looked bad, along with all coil sleeves. Rebuilt pop bumpers. New (reproduction) decals for all cabinet and under-playfield labels (serial number, Thing motor, etc.) added. All metal parts - playfield and cabinet - tumbled and cleaned/polished. Habitrails polished by hand. Stainless ball guides regrained and buffed. PCBs cleaned. MANY new playfield parts, including all new targets, many new plastics to replace scratched or cracked ones, new Thing hand, new (clear) ramp, etc. And probably more that I'm forgetting. Basically anything that was worn, broken or just did not look good was replaced. And of course, all new rubber, balls and glass. Comes with a number of mods, including: Full LED conversion (Cointaker, I believe), light up Fester, Cliffy protector for electric chair, fuses for magnets to prevent burn, LED lighting inside both scoops (electric chair and swamp), bear rug with light up eyes on main ramp, cloud topper with lightning effect, decals for Thing box, and custom backlit instruction and score cards (lit via EL panels). Manuals and literature also included.

Here is a link to some pictures: http://s992.photobucket.com/user/kse001/library/TAF/After

You might be able to tell in some of the pictures that the back legs on the game were chopped so that it could be positioned up on the ledge of an unused fireplace; not to worry, I have two new legs that I'd replace them with before the game leaves the house (though I do plan to keep the PinGulp beverage holder). That arrangement also makes it difficult to get pictures of the sides and back. If a serious buyer needs to see those and cannot come look at it in person I can provide them, it just might take some time to arrange some help with getting it out.

I am asking $6,800 for the game. Since the main reason I am looking to sell is because I would like to make some room, I'm not interested in any trades.

Game is located in Madison, WI. Although I'm not interested in shipping it myself, I can easily get it into the garage and be available for shippers to pick it up if you would like to arrange for shipping on your own.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are kse001's market stats.

silver Seller Level

kse001 has the Pinside Silver seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to kse001's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Madison, WI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 320.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 84.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 29.95
$ 159.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

#2 8 years ago

Post holiday weekend bump.

#3 8 years ago

Bumping for the weekend crowd. I've had a lot of PMs/emails on it and talked to some on the phone, so I know there's interest, but as of yet there's been no follow through from any prospective buyers. The game is still for sale and I've knocked a couple hundred off, bringing the price down to $6800. No stairs involved so pickup will be easy. Please PM if interested.

Thanks,

Kyle

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.99
Electronics
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 41.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 159.00
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.99
Rubber/Silicone
Comet Pinball

$ 65.00
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,159.00
$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 180.00
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

€ 47.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 119.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 24.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-for-sale-the-addams-family and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.