4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by epotech
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

WP_20150206_17_59_18_Pro.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

#1 4 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 115

for sale

For sale: Stern Shaker motor Rev B

Added: May 11th, 2015

Item description

I just purchased this Stern Shaker Motor, Rev B, from Pinball Life. Was only installed for a day and I have to sell it (pinball machine is above the new baby's room and the wife gave it a thumbs down!).

All cables/box/screws/manual/parts etc. are in perfect shape, it's basically brand new. $115 shipped within the lower 48. Located in Thousand Oaks, CA if anyone wants local pick-up.

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Westlake Village, CA, US

Seller insights

These are jordanfsl's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to jordanfsl's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Irrelevant post

#3 4 years ago

??

I just bought it a couple weeks ago at $165 plus $18 shipping, and that was the cheapest price I could find. Same site.

That is quite a price drop!

#4 4 years ago

Wow...shakers did drop. There was a while they were $200...

#5 4 years ago

Maybe they are starting to see that people won't buy overpriced stuff anymore....who am I kidding...LOL

#6 4 years ago

Any one know which you buy for Sopranos? you have to feel the shake downs! It is not listed under this one

#7 4 years ago

PM sent

#8 4 years ago
    Quoted from jordanfsl:

??
    I just bought it a couple weeks ago at $165 plus $18 shipping, and that was the cheapest price I could find. Same site.
    That is quite a price drop!

Oh I'm sorry. I was confused. That sucks man!!

#9 4 years ago

Of course PBL dropped the price, I just ordered one a few weeks ago @$165 too. It's all my fault

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

Any one know which you buy for Sopranos? you have to feel the shake downs! It is not listed under this one

Looks like Sopranos was never intended to use a shaker motor.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-has-anyone-fitted-a-shaker

Someone help the guy out and grab a great shaker at a very reasonable price.

#11 4 years ago

Huh, glad I waited to pick a couple up. Who knew?!? GLWS OP

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Of course PBL dropped the price, I just ordered one a few weeks ago @$165 too. It's all my fault

ditto, I cant believe they dropped the price that much, that sucks

#13 4 years ago

Just bought 2, thanks for posting!! Do they still use these same shakers in the new system games, I.e. WWE & Kiss?

#14 4 years ago

CoinTaker had their Red Tremor shakers at Allentown for $100. To bad I only needed one

Quoted from bobbyt:

ditto, I cant believe they dropped the price that much, that sucks

#15 4 years ago

How does the red tremor compare to the Stern shaker?

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from Monster_Bash:

CoinTaker had their Red Tremor shakers at Allentown for $100. To bad I only needed one

WHHHATTTTT?? I didn't know.. Damn I should have stopped at the booth I only thought they sold leds. At $100 I would have bought two....damn

#17 4 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

I imagine it's almost the exact same thing just put together by someone else.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from flashinstinct:

WHHHATTTTT?? I didn't know.. Damn I should have stopped at the booth I only thought they sold leds. At $100 I would have bought two....damn

I bought mine late Saturday and he still had quite a few left

Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Quite a bit more shake...maybe to much

#19 4 years ago

Hmm good to know thanks. I assumed they would be almost identical.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Hmm good to know thanks. I assumed they would be almost identical.

Red Tremor is advertised as having 30% more shake.

#21 4 years ago

Would there be a trend starting and hopefully getting shaker motors for an affordable price. If he didn't sell them all by Saturday...demand might have peaked?

As for 30% more shake...whoa....I would think less would be better. Solder joints and other things (screws, plastics etc) getting shaken around isn't exactly the best thing....but it is sure fun

#22 4 years ago

OP - Not interested in the shaker but what was your wife's concern with the shaker? I'm assuming it was causing a humming noise through the floor due to the shaking. Under that assumption, what if you make it shake just a bit less? Reason I mention this is because I like a little shake but not overly excessive which I find most of the shakers to be. I've found that trimming down the weights a bit will reduce the intensity of the shaking while still keeping most of the effect. May be an option for you if you liked it but also want to appease the family.

Would be really nice if Stern would add an intensity setting in the settings menu so you could increase/decrease the shaker intensity based off preference.

#23 4 years ago

PM sent,
    I'll take it if it is not spoken for, my AC/DC will be happy to have it!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Red Tremor is advertised as having 30% more shake

My STERN STAR TREK LE shaker is acting up. I spoke to Coin Taker . Melissa told me there RED TREMOR has some kind of screw that will enable the shaker motor to be adjusted if the rotation is not to your liking . I guess I will find out . Shaker motor shipped today . As far as this for sale add . It should sell as it will add to the fun of any STERN . GLWS .

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

My Stern Star Trek LE shaker is acting up. I spoke to Coin Taker . Melissa told me there RED TREMOR has some kind of screw that will enable the shaker motor to be adjusted if the rotation is not to your liking . I guess I will find out . Shaker motor shipped today . As far as this for sale add . It should sell as it will add to the fun of any STERN . GLWS .

The newer Sterns have the threaded screw as well.

Revision B, I believe.

#26 4 years ago

Hi guys,

is it sold ?

thanks

#27 4 years ago

Dang, what is going on with the shaker market? Pinball life just dropped their price to $125.... Wish I hadn't bought all mine a while back or that I still needed some. OP's price is still better as it's shipped vs the aprox $140 shipped for a new one now.

#28 4 years ago

I said I would take it, and sent a PM but have not gotten a respone, glad to hear Pinball life droppd their
    price

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Dang, what is going on with the shaker market? Pinball life just dropped their price to $125.... Wish I hadn't bought all mine a while back or that I still needed some. OP's price is still better as it's shipped vs the aprox $140 shipped for a new one now.

A New version was made in the Chinese Market at a lower Price point.

#30 4 years ago

y'all know the difference between Rev A and Rev B ?

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

y'all know the difference between Rev A and Rev B ?

I have shaker motor's in all may compatible STERN . Some PCB boards Rev A and B . I may be wrong but I think the REV B has two counter weights as the REV A only had one weight ?

#32 4 years ago

This was sold - sorry for the delay.

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

I undercut the market and sold them for less than half price.
    WP_20150206_17_59_18_Pro.jpg

All sold out again now though.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside