20210531_094850_001_resized.jpg
20210531_093731_resized_1.jpg
20210531_093505_resized.jpg
20210531_093219_001_resized.jpg
20210531_093229_001_resized.jpg
20210531_093140_001_resized.jpg
20210531_093107_resized.jpg
20210602_144812_resized.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drypaint.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#9 2 years ago

Why does it matter that a game from 42 years ago is HUO if the cabinet and playfield are worn? Even if slightly. I just sold a Flash that was clearly routed (it had the tax stamps) and it looked much nicer. The cabinet was actually pristine, unlike this one. I rebuilt the targets with brand new, more reliable circuit boards, brand new sound board and cleaned up all the boards in the back box. Playfield protector, simple LED's... It will play great for another 40+ years. $1,700 out the door. Why on earth would someone pay $6,000 for a Flash? Especially if its original.

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m field this one:
Anybody who has owned a Flash knows how janky these games can get after all these years. An HUO version is likely to be much less so.
Plus there’s just something about an HUO game. They are super clean inside and out and generally have a nice, pleasing aroma. In 20 years in the hobby I’ve never seen an HUO Flash, that’s truly a very rare bird. And, it’s had professional attention with the flipper upgrades and such.
No idea what it’s “worth” but clearly a premium over a regular old routed Flash. Looking at the underside of the playfield it’s pretty clear it’s HUO to me.

Although there is definitely some truth to this statement, I have seen just as many blown out home use games from people that don't know how to care for them over the years. Doesn't necessarily apply to this game because I have not seen or played it in person. But its a very general statement to say a home use game from 30 to 40 to 50 years ago are cleaner and have less issues. If a person leaves the batteries in it too long while its sitting in the garage through brash winters and humid summers while there grandkids beat on it with a dusty playfield and rusty ball, it may as well be on route getting attention. Again, this has little to do with the condition of this game and more to do with the idea of old home use games. I have seen some amazing older home use games that look like they were in a time capsule. This just isn't one of them. And oh, its a Flash. I believe they made a couple handfuls of them. (regardless of my statements I actually really like this game).

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from Joydivision:

This is the nicest HUO Flash I have ever seen documented. He was asking 6k 2 years ago (mentioned in the youtube comments)
https://www.pinballpickers.com/pinballmachines/flash/home.html

I don't know much about this game or story, but I will say this dude in the video bought a Firepower from a friend of mine. I sold my friend the firepower out of my arcade. It had been there for a least a couple years. I got it from a guy who got it from an operator. That said, the cabinet was beautiful, but the playfield had touch up in several spots. This guy came out and beat my friend up over the pricing ($1800 asking). My buddy stayed firm and the guy paid it. Two day later he relisted it for sale as a HUO for that silly price of around $6k (I don't remember the exact number).

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I don't know much about this game or story, but I will say this dude in the video you posted bought a Firepower from a friend of mine. I sold my friend the firepower out of my arcade. It had been there for a least a couple years. I got it from a guy who got it from an operator. That said, the cabinet was beautiful, but the playfield had touch up in several spots. This guy came out and beat my friend up over the pricing ($1800 asking). My buddy stayed firm and the guy paid it. Two day later he relisted it for sale as a HUO for that silly price of around $6k (I don't remember the exact number).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Tools
Pincoder Store

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider drypaint.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-flash-huo-documented?tu=drypaint and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.