IMG_2406 (resized).JPG
IMG_2405 (resized).JPG
IMG_2404 (resized).JPG
IMG_2403 (resized).JPG
IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
IMG_2401 (resized).JPG
IMG_2399 (resized).JPG
IMG_2400 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

for sale

For sale: Flash Gordon (price drop)

Added: September 28th, 2021 Ended: November 1st, 2021
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 6,500

Item description

Up for sale is my fully restored award winning Flash Gordon. This was restored in 2016. I am only selling to free up some cash for an upcoming home remodel. This is one of the nicest Flash Gordon machines you will find, outside of a HEP restore.

I documented most of the restoration on this game, and it can be found here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/from-trash-gordon-to-flash-gordon-my-restoration

Here’s the details:
New CPR pf (silkscreened from one of their early runs)
Original backglass in fantastic condition
New MPU (nvram.weebly)
Rebuilt power supply
New apron & shoot gauge
All topside metal chrome plated
Coin door, side rails, lock bar chrome plated
All interior metal parts re-zinc plated
Legs & bolts powder coated black gloss
Comet retro warm white
New lamp sockets, new lamp braid
All mechanisms disassembled, rebuilt with new components when available
Custom coin door inserts
Plays fast and mean, as Flash Gordon should

Minor Issues:
I’ve added an extra rubber ring at the top ball guide, to aim the ball better at the mini flipper.
Once in a while the sound board does not start with the game. A quick flip of the power switch corrects this. Maybe one-in-ten times it does this, but thought I would mention.

I really am sad to sell this, as it was my goal to have the four best Bally games lined up, fully restored (Fathom, Centaur, EBD, Flash Gordon). But it’s taken me too long to get the others restored, so here it is for sale.

Shipping could be available (at buyers expense), but I’d be really nervous to do so, based on the amount of chrome on this game.

Item photos

IMG_2394 (resized).JPG
IMG_2409 (resized).JPG
IMG_2411 (resized).JPG
IMG_2391 (resized).JPG
IMG_2392 (resized).JPG
IMG_2393 (resized).JPG
IMG_2400 (resized).JPG
IMG_2395 (resized).JPG
IMG_2396 (resized).JPG
IMG_2397 (resized).JPG
IMG_2398 (resized).JPG
IMG_2399 (resized).JPG
IMG_2401 (resized).JPG
IMG_2402 (resized).JPG
IMG_2403 (resized).JPG
IMG_2404 (resized).JPG
IMG_2405 (resized).JPG
IMG_2406 (resized).JPG
IMG_2407 (resized).JPG
IMG_2408 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Grand Rapids, MI, US

Seller insights

These are djblouw's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to djblouw's stats page

#2 3 months ago

Looks amazing! Nice game
GLWS

#3 3 months ago

Beautiful restoration. My machine acts exactly the same with 1 out of 10 games no sound. Flipping power restores it every time. Great game. Your going to miss it.

#4 3 months ago
Quoted from PinVision:

Your going to miss it.

This is the second one I’ve owned. I sold the first one being young and dumb, and not realizing what a great game it is.

The second one is only leaving for a good reason. And I’m sure I’ll miss it and buy another one somewhere down the road.

#5 3 months ago

Absolutely Stunning! Pricey but in my opinion a game worth the price of admission. An absolute great game and ass kicker. Well done!

#6 3 months ago

Exceptional cosmetics, beautiful game!

You, or the new owner might try replacing the caps on the sound board as those do look original in the pics. Might make your 1 in 10 sound problem go away. At any rate, those old caps are well past their prime and a cap kit is pretty cheap.

#7 3 months ago

I've been lucky enough to play this machine on several occasions and it plays every bit as good as it looks!

#8 3 months ago

I have also seen this game in person. Amazing looking game and an even more amazing person who has restored it. GLWTS!!

#9 3 months ago

Drooling

#10 3 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I've been lucky enough to play this machine on several occasions and it plays every bit as good as it looks!

Quoted from SMP14:

I have also seen this game in person. Amazing looking game and an even more amazing person who has restored it. GLWTS!!

Thanks guys, much appreciated. The chrome really helps this game stand out in the line-up.

#11 3 months ago

Looks great ! I always thought this would be a great game for CGC to modernize with dot animations , movie call outs , and of course extended Queen soundtrack . Someone will be very happy with this - I wish it were In the budget .

#12 3 months ago

Saturday bump for some Flash Gordon.

Don't like the price? Make me a reasonable offer.

1 week later
#13 3 months ago

Alright. Just dropped the price a considerable amount.

I'd like to sell this before it gets too cold outside.

#14 3 months ago

Thursday bump.

#15 3 months ago

I'm headed to Indiana this weekend, and could drop this off in the general vicinity.

#16 3 months ago

Gorgeous game! GLWTS

#17 3 months ago

Last price drop.

Get it before I decide to sell something else!

#18 3 months ago

At that price and the level of work that went into one of the best early games made this is a great deal. Such a great game!

#19 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

At that price and the level of work that went into one of the best early games made this is a great deal. Such a great game!

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm actually surprised this hasn't sold. Yes, I know it's a lot for a Flash Gordon, but this thing is beautiful.

#20 3 months ago

Can't speak for others, but I know for me, I've reluctantly passed on several nice 80s Ballys recently because of Haggis. I'm in on Fathom Mermaid because I like the idea of new rules more than authenticity. I recently had people breaking down my door to buy my original MM, so I know other people value original games more than I do.

Not knowing which games Haggis plans to build has put a halt on me buying anything I think they might produce in their 5 game lot. Sucks because I've missed out on some nice games that I want due to pure conjecture. Not sure if this is playing a role in people's perceived price ceiling for your game or not.

I'm getting ready to start selling my Fathom and all the parts needed to restore it to perfection, so on a different level, I'll be with you testing the waters on a Bally sale.

GLWTS

#21 3 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can't speak for others, but I know for me, I've reluctantly passed on several nice 80s Ballys recently because of Haggis. I'm in on Fathom Mermaid because I like the idea of new rules more than authenticity. I recently had people breaking down my door to buy my original MM, so I know other people value original games more than I do.
Not knowing which games Haggis plans to build has put a halt on me buying anything I think they might produce in their 5 game lot. Sucks because I've missed out on some nice games that I want due to pure conjecture. Not sure if this is playing a role in people's perceived price ceiling for your game or not.
I'm getting ready to start selling my Fathom and all the parts needed to restore it to perfection, so on a different level, I'll be with you testing the waters on a Bally sale.
GLWTS

Just a guess but I think it will be highly unlikely they will consider licensed games like Flash Gordon. Fathom, Centaur etc no problem.

#22 3 months ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just a guess but I think it will be highly unlikely they will consider licensed games like Flash Gordon. Fathom, Centaur etc no problem.

I'm sure you're right, but them not saying anything leaves anything up for speculation.

#23 3 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Not knowing which games Haggis

I don't want to turn of course too much, but I'd keep my money in my pocket until they prove they can make and deliver the game. I still can't believe that people are pre-ordering games. I know it's only a portion of the total sale price, but that still seems risky (Dutch, Heighway, deeproot, etc). They all "made" games, but took a bunch of money from people.

Anyways, I've got a Flash Gordon ready for pickup. No pre-order or waiting for them to maybe build one some day.

#24 3 months ago
Quoted from djblouw:

Anyways, I've got a Flash Gordon ready for pickup. No pre-order or waiting for them to maybe build one some day.

And it doesn't have a plastic playfield like the remake Fathom..... lol. Love my FG, one of the last games I would sell as finding them in perfect condition is rare at best. GLWS.

#25 3 months ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I've reluctantly passed on several nice 80s Ballys recently because of Haggis.

Bird in the hand.

#26 3 months ago

Agreed, and not trying to start a debate. Just offering up a potential thought process for the "lack of interest" (that has recently prevented me from buying games of this era) with a free bump. I'm confident that in some ways, especially for some people, nice (and especially restored) originals would be preferred to the remakes. No offense intended.

#27 3 months ago

I can’t really understand putting up money for a company that barely produced their first game. Especially at this time with all kinds of supply shortages. Well, to each their own.

Quoted from djblouw:

I don't want to turn of course too much, but I'd keep my money in my pocket until they prove they can make and deliver the game. I still can't believe that people are pre-ordering games. I know it's only a portion of the total sale price, but that still seems risky (Dutch, Heighway, deeproot, etc). They all "made" games, but took a bunch of money from people.

#28 89 days ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Agreed, and not trying to start a debate. Just offering up a potential thought process for the "lack of interest" (that has recently prevented me from buying games of this era) with a free bump. I'm confident that in some ways, especially for some people, nice (and especially restored) originals would be preferred to the remakes. No offense intended.

Yeah, no worries. I appreciate the free bump.

Buying an original right now still makes sense. Plus, if the argument is around new code, then you're in luck: Someone has made new code for Flash Gordon. I'm sure it won't be too long until Fathom, Centaur, and EBD get some new code written too.

#29 89 days ago

Played this when it was at Pinball At The Zoo - absolutely beautiful and great playing game. The photos don't do it justice. GLWS!

#30 89 days ago

Played it at PATZ as well. One of the best restorations I’ve ever seen. Worth every penny. If we didn’t already have a Flash Gordon, I’d be taking a hard look at this. Someone is going to end up very happy!

#31 89 days ago
Quoted from harmon1728:

Played it at PATZ as well. One of the best restorations I’ve ever seen. Worth every penny. If we didn’t already have a Flash Gordon, I’d be taking a hard look at this. Someone is going to end up very happy!

Same. If mine wasn’t near the same in fit/finish I would jump on this.

#32 89 days ago
Quoted from wontwa:

Played this when it was at Pinball At The Zoo - absolutely beautiful and great playing game. The photos don't do it justice. GLWS!

Quoted from harmon1728:

Thanks guys. I’m glad people
Got to see and play the game. It’s been tucked away in my basement ever since that show.

#33 88 days ago

Bump to the top.

I just played a couple games on this. First one I got my butt kicked. Second one, did pretty good (1M).

#35 85 days ago

Here’s som pics of the shooter lane, saucer, and chrome reflection, based on a request.

Let me know if you want to see anything else on the machine.

DF38ABBA-916A-4A11-9A6E-D92E8F500DBF (resized).jpeg53CADFCF-8000-4EC9-AD22-BBF227635826 (resized).jpeg535304D0-738D-43CF-9C27-8A3171282DCB (resized).jpeg7F211305-5865-42AB-BB56-6BB56D3E769A (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside