20190420_194208 (resized).jpg
20190420_070016 (resized).jpg
20190418_100954 (resized).jpg
20190417_191916 (resized).jpg
20190414_210346 (resized).jpg
20190413_212254 (resized).jpg
20190416_210209 (resized).jpg
20190412_205126 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Flash Gordon - Fall price drop

Added: 2019-06-06 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (September 14th, 2019) • Ended: October 5th, 2019
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 3,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Up for sale is my Flash Gordon. I picked this game up and have spent countless hours and a bunch of $ to get it to where it is today. Unfortunately, I don't love to play it, even though it is a brutal game and plays very fast. I have numerous photos other than what is shown. Some before and after photos for comparison. I would prefer not to ship.

PROS:

Hardtop installed
Comet 2SMD cool white LEDs in backbox and GI
Comet 2SMD color matched in all inserts
Pini-tech LED displays with red/ and or amber filters
Cabinet sanded down and repainted
Pinball Pimp stencil kit used for stenciling
New chrome legs with new leg levelers
New playfield plastic screws and stainless acorn nuts
Slingshot plastic protectors
CPR repro non-mirrored backglass
CPR repro plastics set
All new flippers bats
All three flippers rebuilt
All new coil sleeves
New pop bumper white bodies and red skirts
Weebly MPU board
All new locking header pins on boards
New dual speakers
New playfield glass
New Titan translucent rubbers
Sound board rebuilt by Allan at Ardvark
Coin door disassembled, cleaned and reinstalled with new coin door decal
New correct shooter rod and springs
New flipper buttons and flipper switches
Microswitches installed on all outlanes and shooter lane
New polished pinball
Titan Lockdown receiver decal
“Power plate” removed, cleaned, repainted and reinstalled
New Tilt assembly mounting board
New backglass trim
Cabinet wiring organized better
New black Reese Rails installed
Shooter lane 2Pac cleared
New clear (not opaque) playfield inserts
New star-rollover inserts and "stars"
New hot stamped drop down targets
Drop down assemblies removed, cleaned, reinstalled and adjusted
Saucer assembly removed, cleaned and reinstalled
All switches cleaned and adjusted
All switches have new diodes installed
Many parts tumbled to freshen up
New backbox board connectors re-pinned
New coin door and backbox locks
New strobe bulb installed and works properly

CONS:

A couple wire jumpers on back of light board, auxiliary light board, and Talk & Squawk board
One small (owner induced) blemish on Hardtop 6” above right lower flipper
It currently plays 99% (One switch not registering).

Item photos

20180908_183017 (resized).jpg
20180908_183030 (resized).jpg
20181230_212430 (resized).jpg
20181230_213956 (resized).jpg
20190120_223412 (resized).jpg
20190124_155741 (resized).jpg
20190130_201612 (resized).jpg
20190130_202530 (resized).jpg
20190215_172503 (resized).jpg
20190303_174856 (resized).jpg
20190313_163014 (resized).jpg
20190313_163932 (resized).jpg
20190324_161240 (resized).jpg
20190412_205126 (resized).jpg
20190413_212254 (resized).jpg
20190414_210346 (resized).jpg
20190416_210209 (resized).jpg
20190417_191916 (resized).jpg
20190418_100954 (resized).jpg
20190420_070016 (resized).jpg
20190420_194208 (resized).jpg
20190422_212817 (resized).jpg
20190422_212823 (resized).jpg
20190426_135625 (resized).jpg
20190428_163220 (resized).jpg
20190606_120110 (resized).jpg
20190726_211150 (resized).jpg
20190726_211205 (resized).jpg
20190726_211243 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are epeabs's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to epeabs's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and indicated the game eventually sold for $ 2,900

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Auburn, NH, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 99.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Electronics
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

#2 4 years ago

Wow. The machine looks very good.

I know how much work it is to do all of this and this is a great deal. I'd never sell my Flash Gordon for that price.

GLWTS

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from djblouw:

I know how much work it is to do all of this and this is a great deal. I'd never sell my Flash Gordon for that price.

Pump that price up boys!!! If I had a Flash Gordon, I'd jump in with you to let everyone know this is a great deal!! I know I know, you don't care about the value of your game because you are never going to sell.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Pump that price up boys!!! If I had a Flash Gordon, I'd jump in with you to let everyone know this is a great deal!! I know I know, you don't care about the value of your game because you are never going to sell.

Hey, as I said...I know the amount of work to get it to this point.

And, I actually do care about the value. I think the op is devaluing the other games out there that have been restored. Haha.

#6 4 years ago

Hardtop? Is that the same as an overlay?

#7 4 years ago

No, it's not. It's a type of plastic that's 030 thick with all the graphics screen printed underneath, which is then adhered to the playfield. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-hardtops-thread/page/16#post-5036907

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from pinlink:

Interesting. This is the second thread I have seen you discussing/accusing price pumping the last few days. I went back in your history to see what you sold games for over time. I mean are you like heavily discounting yours when you sell? Just curious. And I see you go back on pinside about three years and have not put up one for sale thread. I guess you keep every game you have bought. Good for you.

#9 4 years ago

How did you ding the hard top ? I thought it was durable enough that it would be pretty difficult to blemish it like that . Pretty game ! Glwts

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

How did you ding the hard top ? I thought it was durable enough that it would be pretty difficult to blemish it like that . Pretty game ! Glwts

Not a ding. I was redrilling a dowel filled screw hole from the underside. Drill bit hit an air gap below the dowel and pushed through. Ahhhhhhh!!! (No, I didn't have a drill stop installed, my bad). Filled with clear epoxy. It doesn't affect game play and I haven't mixed the right color to dab it to hide it.

1 week later
#11 4 years ago

Nice looking game with a ton of work into it. Surprised it hasn’t sold.

#12 4 years ago

This would probably sell at Pintastic

#13 4 years ago

I've just been trying with little to no time to fix my random reset issue. Just haven't had a lot of time to delve into it. So I haven't tried to push too hard.

#14 4 years ago

I personally think the game looks great, but having a collage of before/after pics is confusing to me. Pre-painted then post-painted, then no playfield in game, then whatever else....

Show us what we are buying my dude!

#15 4 years ago

In regards to your resets. . .
I'm sure you've ruled out power supply issues to your MPU.
I was chasing a reset problem on my Paragon a little while back and was able to resolve it after trying a lot of other things -- all it took was routing some of the wiring a bit different. Here is a link to a post in the thread that discusses the situation should you want to pursue it further.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-paragon-breathing-life-back-into-the-beast/page/5#post-4969964

Nice looking Flash Gordon -- hope I can make mine look as good!

#16 4 years ago

When does the reset occur?

Did you repin connectors?
If so which ones?
Is SDB rebuilt?

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

I personally think the game looks great, but having a collage of before/after pics is confusing to me. Pre-painted then post-painted, then no playfield in game, then whatever else....
Show us what we are buying my dude!

Pics look like they go in perfect order to me. Before shots, then he did the playfields first, put back in and tested (you can see the paint on the inside of the cabinet wasn’t redone yet at that point). Then took those out and worked on the coin door and redoing cabinet. Then put it all back together.

Reset issue or not, game is beautiful as hell. This game has been on my wish list for a long time, and I’ve been coming back to look at it almost daily. Never thought I would pay that much for a FG, but it’s starting to feel like this one might be worth it. A lot of the heavy lifting’s been done already.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

In regards to your resets. . .
I'm sure you've ruled out power supply issues to your MPU.
I was chasing a reset problem on my Paragon a little while back and was able to resolve it after trying a lot of other things -- all it took was routing some of the wiring a bit different. Here is a link to a post in the thread that discusses the situation should you want to pursue it further.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-paragon-breathing-life-back-into-the-beast/page/5#post-4969964
Nice looking Flash Gordon -- hope I can make mine look as good!

I have a solid 5V on TP5 on the Nvram Weebly MPU. I will try rerouting some of the backbox wires (its definitely worth a try). My resets seem to happen when I hit a switch in the same row. Right pop bumper, bottom right lower stand up, bottom left drop on lower playfield. But I can't for the life of me find anything shorted, touching, etc. But the ironic part is you mentioned the roll tilt and removing the "ball". I have noticed that while playing around during switch test, if I roll the ball tilt, the right drop target fires, which can't be right. Maybe I need to pull the roll tilt channel and reclean, and tumble the "ball".

Quoted from Madmax541:

When does the reset occur?
Did you repin connectors?
If so which ones?
Is SDB rebuilt?

Jim- I answered part of yours above about when it occurs. I repinned all the connectors in the backbox with the exception of the display connectors, and I installed all new header pins on the original boards. The SBD has been gone over and checked out, capacitors are not original.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Pics look like they go in perfect order to me. Before shots, then he did the playfields first, put back in and tested (you can see the paint on the inside of the cabinet wasn’t redone yet at that point). Then took those out and worked on the coin door and redoing cabinet. Then put it all back together.
Reset issue or not, game is beautiful as hell. This game has been on my wish list for a long time, and I’ve been coming back to look at it almost daily. Never thought I would pay that much for a FG, but it’s starting to feel like this one might be worth it. A lot of the heavy lifting’s been done already.

@Colson3 - thank you. I purchased as a project to keep. But personally don't love it. I didn't intend on going as far as I did, it's just once you touch something, you move on to the next. Damn hobby.....

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from epeabs:

@Colson3 - thank you. I purchased as a project to keep. But personally don't love it. I didn't intend on going as far as I did, it's just once you touch something, you move on to the next. Damn hobby.....

Agreed. That’s how I start powdercoating things inside of the cabinet when I’m working on a game. Similar to you doing the transformer plate inside.

Regardless, great job. Game turned out beautifully. I’m really tempted, just worried I wouldn’t be able to fix the remaining issues. An offer might be coming.

#20 4 years ago

Pintastic price drop to $3100. I will be at Pintastic from Thursday afternoon but have to leave Friday night. I can bring the game with me, but it is not going to be set up in Free Play due to my schedule. Since a previous post, I have tried to isolate the switch matrix wires as much as possible from the flipper circuit, and I found the random reset problem which involves the upper playfield single inline drop target scoring switch. With the Hardtop this thing plays fast and furious, but I just have too many great memories playing my Black Knight.

2 weeks later
#21 4 years ago

Played this FG at Pintastic, it plays as it should.
Good deal for someone wanting a FG with all the work done.

This is a very challenging game to restore.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Thanks Jim. I appreciate it.

#23 4 years ago

Looks great! Recently sold mine and I miss it already.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Thanks for bringing it- The only game that I played "one more time" trying to get a handle on it, outstanding!

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Thanks for bringing it- The only game that I played "one more time" trying to get a handle on it, outstanding!

Your welcome. Glad you enjoyed playing it. If we had more time, I wouldn't have minded bringing a couple more games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Troxel Repair

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet Parts
Volcano Pinball

$ 10.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Other
Volcano Pinball

$ 99.00
$ 29.00
Boards
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 179.00
$ 7.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-flash-gordon-12?hl=frippertron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.