Topic Stats

• 30 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Blackbeard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 19 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191130_150209 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150216 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150220 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150224 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150228 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150233 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150243 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150255 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150259 (resized).jpg
ft10 (resized).jpg
ft9 (resized).jpg
ft8 (resized).jpg
ft7 (resized).jpg
ft6 (resized).jpg
ft5 (resized).jpg
ft4 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 months ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 3,100 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Fish Tales- Great shape- Will ship

Added: December 1st, 2019 Ended: December 2nd, 2019
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Item description

Really nice Fish Tales with barely any fade or wear. Game plays great. No issues. GI just fixed on it. Playfield, backglass, cab, boards all in nice shape. No battery acid damage. Only thing it needs is bracket for topper. Topper does work. Can ship with discounted fastenal or STI. Willing to wrap and pallet free. Overall, nice working pin.

Item photos

IMG_20191130_150259 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150255 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150243 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150233 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150228 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150224 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150220 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150216 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191130_150209 (resized).jpg
ft1 (resized).jpg
ft10 (resized).jpg
ft2 (resized).jpg
ft3 (resized).jpg
ft4 (resized).jpg
ft5 (resized).jpg
ft6 (resized).jpg
ft7 (resized).jpg
ft8 (resized).jpg
ft9 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Rockaway, NJ, US

Seller insights

These are Csulli1023's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Csulli1023's stats page

#2 4 months ago

REALLY? "No issues"?

1. topper cover missing. Aftermarket is $200 shipped

2. credit dot seen on the DMD

3. None of the feature/insert lights work (see pics)

4. bad touch up on right side orange area, near flipper button. Left cabinet side not shown?

5. game is filthy, needs major shop with new rubbers. A 10-15 hour job depending if you're installing LED's or not.

6. Someone replaced the OEM clear rubber ring on the "reel" with an incorrect white rubber ring.

7. topper lights not working

8. floppy flipper bats.

9. Center "boat plastic" broken near the bottom and has incorrect & missing screws, posts and rubbers with odd sized, extra washers added on the right screw.

#3 4 months ago

10. Fish insert wear and boat ramp as well.
11. There is fade. I’d say 25% or so.

2400 fish tales.

#4 4 months ago

12. Flipper buttons are 2 different colors. 1 red and 1 white. LOL

13. topper does not work. Clacks loudly @ 1:44 in the video and that's about it.

14. "i" light out on LIE on back panel

15. 2nd from bottom "stretch the truth" light out. God knows how many others I missed.

"No issues" my arse.

$2400 seems fair

this game is a mess and needs a lot of love.

#5 4 months ago

Not saying there aren't issues, but is there such thing as a $2,400 Fish Tales at this point? I think this would sell within an hour if listed by me at $2,400.

#6 4 months ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Is there such thing as a $2,400 Fish Tales at this point?

Yes. It is for sale here for $3100. Feel free to overpay about $700 for it. LOL

#8 4 months ago

Man you guys are harsh! Since when are lighting flipper bats wrong on a FT?

Does the topper really not work? It’s not even shown on the video.

I’m local and I’d gladly pay $2400 for this. But somebody else will bring a better offer and I won’t get because ya’ll are seriously off base here.

ps: if I’m wrong, and it truly is a $2400 game, please by all means PM me I have cash from the Monster Bash I gave away waiting

#9 4 months ago

I have bought games from sellers like this which is why I made this post. I hate getting home, plugging my "100% working game w/no issues" in and then finding out it actually has a ton of issues. If you buy this game, just go in with eyes wide open. Test the game. Negotiate when you find all the issues mentioned here.

#10 4 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Man you guys are harsh! Since when are lighting flipper bats wrong on a FT?
Does the topper really not work? It’s not even shown on the video.
I’m local and I’d gladly pay $2400 for this. But somebody else will bring a better offer and I won’t get because ya’ll are seriously off base here.
ps: if I’m wrong, and it truly is a $2400 game, please by all means PM me I have cash from the Monster Bash I gave away waiting

FT plays better with the slightly longer NON-lightning bats.

The topper is shown in the pics but not the video. You can hear it CLACKING though. The FT topper doesn't make that sound. It is missing the $200 clear plastic cover. Anyone who has owned this game knows that the loud CLACKING heard when the topper fish tale activates is all wrong. The facebook ad says the topper doesn't work but the pinside ad from the same person for the same game says it does work. Very shady seller.

Buyer beware.

#12 4 months ago

Lightning are preferable to me for this title and ever single one I’ve played has had them. Every topper has also been super clacky as well. Regardless, if your comments can help me score a basically unfaded FT for $2400 that just needs a little love you have my sincere thanks!

#13 4 months ago

I'm just trying to keep you from overpaying for a FT "with no issues"... but has a ton of issues.

#14 4 months ago

I wouldn’t take it for $2400. There’s a lot of playfield wear, more than just in front of the boat ramp, and the decals are not in good shape.

#15 4 months ago

Please educate me about the lightning flippers. I have them on mine, my last one had them, and I have always "known" that FT came with and was supposed to have lightning flippers

#16 4 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Please educate me about the lightning flippers. I have them on mine, my last one had them, and I have always "known" that FT came with and was supposed to have lightning flippers

My understanding is FT was designed with regular flippers, but was switch in manufacturing to reduce ball times. I believe all games shipped with lightning flippers. Do as you like, but I certainly wouldn't consider lightning flippers to be the "wrong flipper bats". If I bought a FT with standard flippers I would change them back to lightning flippers.

#17 4 months ago

I agree it needs some love , but as far as the flipper bats go I believe those are correct . I’ve never seen a fish tales without lightening flipper bats and IPDB states that the game came with lightening flipper bats .

#18 4 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

They actually did come with lightning bats. They are shorter than regular bats and many home use owners changed them out to the slightly longer,non-lightning bats.

#19 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

wouldn’t take it for $2400. There’s a lot if playfield wear, more than just in front of the boat ramp, and the decals are not in good shape.

Sweet, one less Jersey competitor

#20 4 months ago
Quoted from d0n:

They actually did come with lightning bats. They are shorter than regular bats and many home use owners changed them out to the slightly longer,non-lightning bats.

That was my understanding. To hear someone say "wrong flipper bats" sounded absurd, when it has lightning flippers.

#21 4 months ago

Sounds like someone thinks the game is too hard with lightning flippers. The game came with lightning flippers and was designed to have them. Real pinball players would never put regular bats on this title to make it easier. It's why we like games like ft and bsd.

#22 4 months ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Sounds like someone thinks the game is too hard with lightning flippers. The game came with lightning flippers and was designed to have them. Real pinball players would never put regular bats on this title to make it easier. It's why we like games like ft and bsd.

ROGER THAT! Long live lightning flippers

#23 4 months ago
Quoted from d0n:

Ok I’m very confused now ,if the game came with lightening flipper bats and the game we are looking at has lightening flipper bats ,how are the the flipper bats on this game wrong ?

#24 4 months ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

That was my understanding. To hear someone say "wrong flipper bats" sounded absurd, when it has lightning flippers.

Dude that guy dOn DID say the Lightning flipper bats were wrong and then edited his comments to call them “floppy”. I and others called him out on it and now he’s changing his tune to say standard are “preferable”. I think it’s super petty to shit all over this guy’s for sale thread with all these unfounded accusations that aren’t even technically sound.

#25 4 months ago

The topper on the game looks off, besides missing the cover, the lights are all off on it, except one. Bulbs? Maybe seller has the cover and took it off due to low ceiling, would be good to note that. Better pics of the boards, inside the lower cabinet and speaker panel backing would be useful. Show the reel working and ball lock working. If you are going to show a video, get a tripod and play with both hands. Based on playfield condition, I’d guess most of the mechs need to be rebuilt and cleaned. Replace the insert lights that are out, explain credit dot, likely just a bad switch.

Here‘s one that recently sold for $3200 with a color dmd for comparison.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/archive/87616

#26 4 months ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The topper on the game looks off, besides missing the cover, the lights are all off on it, except one. Bulbs? Maybe seller has the cover and took it off due to low ceiling, would be good to note that. Better pics of the boards, inside the lower cabinet and speaker panel backing would be useful. Show the reel working and ball lock working. If you are going to show a video, get a tripod and play with both hands. Based on playfield condition, I’d guess most of the mechs need to be rebuilt and cleaned. Replace the insert lights that are out, explain credit dot, likely just a bad switch.
Here‘s one that recently sold for $3200 with a color dmd for comparison.

Now that’s some solid and decent feedback / pricing suggestions.

#27 4 months ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Dude that guy dOn DID say the Lightning flipper bats were wrong and then edited his comments to call them “floppy”. I and others called him out on it and now he’s changing his tune to say standard are “preferable”. I think it’s super petty to shit all over this guy’s for sale thread with all these unfounded accusations that aren’t even technically sound.

LOL, I thought so!
Well, at least this listing is getting lots of bumps.

#28 4 months ago

I think you should cancel this posting for the 2nd time and try again lol.

#29 4 months ago

Yup, the poster relisted it from yesterday, removing "Clean" from the description. (and dropped the price from $3400 to 3100?)

The funny comment from yesterday was - "did you post the wrong photos?"

The price is not far off, so it may sell, but the description is not realistic IMO: "Really nice Fish Tales with barely any fade or wear. Game plays great. No issues."

Better wording would be: "Nice Players Condition Fish Tales. Needs to be shopped."

#30 4 months ago

I too think the description is a bit generous.

This is one of those pin you need to see in person prior to owning.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside