D563DFB9-DEE9-4BE0-8B55-60D643CED1C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
6023FC5B-EB2B-431A-AAE4-335297148034 (resized).png
Restored Fishtales.png
Restored Fishtales...png
Restored Fishtales..png
ef24dedefe9e3807da7d577ab27d85a09511ec63 (resized).jpg
6a41497825f02e1fc4883765dd216b82696678fa.gif.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#3 3 years ago

I'd love a nice FT, but $9K is a little steep ... GLWS

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Why a key switch for the start button? Seems like a better idea for a car theme game. Glwts.

yea I didn't get that .... powder coating looks nice.... has a FT ever sold for $9K?

#12 3 years ago

So whats this game really worth?

#17 3 years ago

Its worth more than that....I was thinking $6

#22 3 years ago

Looks very nice....black always looks good

#40 3 years ago

About a year ago there was a really nice HEP FT that sold in the $7's, color dmd, powder coated, restored play field, and all the electronics were completely worked over...

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Engine09:

Really?
I'll never understand.

I think it looks as good as the blue powder coating I've seen although I think black looks the best. Not sure why u would go through all this effort and not refurbish the play field.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes the amount of work directly correlates valuation. Years ago I did not get the people willing to spend money on HEP games, I kinda scratched my head? Now I totally get it. These classic Bally/Williams games are getting harder and harder to find in good condition, most are routed turds. When you play a restored dialed in classic it takes the gameplay to a whole other level. Honestly it spoils you and playing routed turds-starts to turn you off. Some people see the light and some don't-and that is ok.

Not really.....at the end of the day its still a Fish Tales...most people who restore these do it for themselves, and as a hobby. Restoring games and expecting to make $ and a return on your labor rarely happens.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes I agree, and most do not log their hours spent-it is a labor of love. If the pinsider who restored my Fishtales logged his hours it would probably be over $15,000 worth of labor-not even joking.

A HEP restored FT sold in the high 7's less than a year ago (I almost bought it).....I guess you can put whatever value u want on the game, but its not worth close to $11K

#87 3 years ago

yea maybe...I thought it was over priced at that price...at the end of the day its still a FT....fun game, but its not a Williams IJ

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Meh-I would take Fish Tales over IJ any day of the week
In fact I would take my Stern IJ4 over the Williams version(here come the down votes-lol)
I am a huge IJ fan and Williams IJ only lasted a few months in my collection and I do not miss it or want it back.

Now we know whose actually smoking crack...

#95 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

That you just happen to own - LOL!

True, but my point is a Williams IJ historically sells for high dollar, and is typically loved by most (for good reason). I have a lot of nice games and its at the top of my play list.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I took your post to mean IJ is funner than FT which is subjective, not a fact.

I never mentioned whether or a game is more enjoyable or not. What I said was IJ values are far greater....thats a fact

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

How I look at it is like a house. Once I own one the market goes up and down. If I want a bigger one it the difference in price between the two. I can’t sell one at the top and buy the new one at the bottom as I am trying to time. If I am in the market and own that is all that matters. I have 30 games. From 1987 to 2020. I am in the market. Doesn’t matter if it goes up or down. Yes, I could cash out and make a lot money now but then have a empty house and no games. It is hobby. Not an investment. Turning hobbies into investments always has bad endings.

This is true....my biggest hobby is Fly Fishing....if you buy a new drift boat your gonna lose money if u ever go to sell it, but thats not the point. The point is to enjoy the boat and experience.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

The remakes are in question. Will there be anymore? With prices where they are. They will be remade. Fish Tales remake coming! LOL The newbies came on the AFM page pushing remakes. Did not go well for them. I would take a HEP or huo original over any remake. I have had such bad luck with them. All bling but don’t play the same. Mmr was close then. Did not say original beater over remake.

I've had both restored originals and all the remake LE's....had zero issues with the CGC product....and the remakes are far more enjoyable to play ....sold off the original restored MM and AFM

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 169.00
$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fish-tales-111?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.