D563DFB9-DEE9-4BE0-8B55-60D643CED1C6 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
6023FC5B-EB2B-431A-AAE4-335297148034 (resized).png
Restored Fishtales.png
Restored Fishtales...png
Restored Fishtales..png
ef24dedefe9e3807da7d577ab27d85a09511ec63 (resized).jpg
6a41497825f02e1fc4883765dd216b82696678fa.gif.gif

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

You aren’t going to take a reasonable offer the first day you listed it.

If you knowingly overpriced it and are fishing for a sucker you will. Since Pinside does not allow auctions the new thing to do is put an asinine price on it and let the offers roll in.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

If you knowingly overpriced it and are fishing for a sucker you will.

I chatted with Dave, it was full price and guy was in California and picking up. So many of these posts are SO hypocritical. I have seen many posting list for stupid amounts. I could go through and destroy every little thing wrong with the game. Did I agree no but they waited and got it. I got a stupid unsolicited local offer on one of my games today. I may sell but I really don’t want to as I like the game. It is the NOW factor for many.

#103 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Meh-I would take Fish Tales over IJ any day of the week(I actually think IJ is overpriced)

Put down the crack pipe man!

IJ is overpriced. All of pinball is overpriced. What are you going to do about it? You’ll keep playing and paying Just like the rest of us.

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Put down the crack pipe man!
IJ is overpriced. All of pinball is overpriced. What are you going to do about it? You’ll keep playing and paying Just like the rest of us.

Well said!

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

You’ll keep playing and paying Just like the rest of us.

Yes totally, but really what my point is the appreciation of a restored machine-not trying to price pump-I could give a shit about values.

How did I know you would pop up to defend Williams IJ-5, 4,3 2, 1...and Bud is here BTW I also still do not care for your second favorite game... JJP POTC different strokes for different folks-we all cannot like bananas

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:Yes totally, but really what my point is the appreciation of a restored machine-not trying to price pump-I could give a shit about values.
How did I know you would pop up to defend Williams IJ-5, 4,3 2, 1...and Bud is here BTW I also still do not care for your second favorite game... JJP POTC different strokes for different folks-we all cannot like bananas

Bananas suck! Especially those stringy things!

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Yes totally, but really what my point is the appreciation of a restored machine-not trying to price pump-I could give a shit about values.

How I look at it is like a house. Once I own one the market goes up and down. If I want a bigger one it the difference in price between the two. I can’t sell one at the top and buy the new one at the bottom as I am trying to time. If I am in the market and own that is all that matters. I have 30 games. From 1987 to 2020. I am in the market. Doesn’t matter if it goes up or down. Yes, I could cash out and make a lot money now but then have a empty house and no games. It is hobby. Not an investment. Turning hobbies into investments always has bad endings.

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

You can add stranger things prem/LE to my list of great pins too, I’ve really come to like this title!

As for spooky pins TNA is their great pin and my favorite. I really liked yours!

#109 3 years ago

And Now for a Commercial Break!
Nice set of Wire Forms for Fish Tales.
Restore that game to 9k Level with full set of 4 forms!
Congrats to OP on Sale.

Parts - For Sale
Used, poor condition - “WILLIAMS PINBALL Fish Tales 4 piece wire form set. Sadly These have surface rust in many places. I believe they will clean up nicely with some work. Rust is mostly at the ends but...”
2021-03-06
Anaheim, CA
Archived after: 19 days
Viewed: 521 times

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

You can add stranger things prem/LE to my list of great pins too

I need to put some more time in on a dialed in one and really give it a chance, probably a game I need to actually own for awhile to appreciate(I love the theme)

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Funny because now some people are ditching their remakes to find HEP originals(probably could sell for $14k now)-lol
One thing about the pinball market is you can wait a week-month-year and things change considerably.

The remakes are in question. Will there be anymore? With prices where they are. They will be remade. Fish Tales remake coming! LOL The newbies came on the AFM page pushing remakes. Did not go well for them. I would take a HEP or huo original over any remake. I have had such bad luck with them. All bling but don’t play the same. Mmr was close then. Did not say original beater over remake.

#112 3 years ago

After this thread, I think all my games just went up in value. Something tells me this thing is just getting started...

#113 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

If you knowingly overpriced it and are fishing for a sucker you will. Since Pinside does not allow auctions the new thing to do is put an asinine price on it and let the offers roll in.

Does it really matter? There are people that are looking for games like this and will pay. Same for nice HUO games, stupid toppers, and hot new titles. It obviously would take a lot of money to duplicate a game like this. Why not put a high price on it and see what happens? Hope the op got full price.

#114 3 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Seller can claim sold for any amount. Doesn’t mean it happened. They likely took a reasonable offer if it sold at all.

Quoted from Onwallst:

I chatted with Dave, it was full price and guy was in California and picking up.

: )

#115 3 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Does it really matter? There are people that are looking for games like this and will pay. Same for nice HUO games, stupid toppers, and hot new titles. It obviously would take a lot of money to duplicate a game like this. Why not put a high price on it and see what happens? Hope the op got full price.

Of course you do since you are an FT owner as am I. Nothing like seeing a game you own sell for a shit ton of money. Like I said earlier, I have a pristine HUO example of this title I never thought I would sale but maybe I will put an asinine price on it and let the offers start rolling in. I can always reference this for sale ad when the price police chime in.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I chatted with Dave, it was full price and guy was in California and picking up.

I have no doubt Dave told you that.

#117 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

the price police chime in.

The price police are overruled by CASH! They are gone... Let auctions begin!

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from tslayer71:

I took your post to mean IJ is funner than FT which is subjective, not a fact.

I never mentioned whether or a game is more enjoyable or not. What I said was IJ values are far greater....thats a fact

#119 3 years ago

they keep printing money,this is what happens

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Now we know whose actually smoking crack...

Indiana Jone sis popular because of the theme and nostalgia. The layout is meh and has like two satisfying shots. Rules are just okay.

It sells for more because of the theme and it’s been regarded as one of the best 90s games for a long time. It’s like TOTAN. That game is so boring but carries a high price every time.

These past few years these B/C titles are all jumping in price mostly due to people finding out the games are actually really good and better than some of the A titles.

#121 3 years ago

Ok. This is FAR from a high end restore. The game has water damage on the top underside (bottom in pics with it flipped up) part of the playfield. Rusty sockets. Rust on rails and locks. Transformer is rusty. Service cover is pitted and poorly sprayed over.

This is a lipstick on a pig restore. Who did this?

#122 3 years ago

Williams IJ is alright (aside from the mini playfield that never works), but I prefer to play FishTales. It's a better playing game.

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

How I look at it is like a house. Once I own one the market goes up and down. If I want a bigger one it the difference in price between the two. I can’t sell one at the top and buy the new one at the bottom as I am trying to time. If I am in the market and own that is all that matters. I have 30 games. From 1987 to 2020. I am in the market. Doesn’t matter if it goes up or down. Yes, I could cash out and make a lot money now but then have a empty house and no games. It is hobby. Not an investment. Turning hobbies into investments always has bad endings.

This is true....my biggest hobby is Fly Fishing....if you buy a new drift boat your gonna lose money if u ever go to sell it, but thats not the point. The point is to enjoy the boat and experience.

#124 3 years ago

OP's FT looks imamaculate!!

#125 3 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

they keep printing money,this is what happens

Damn it Man!

#126 3 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

This is a lipstick on a pig restore. Who did this?

Dude your late to the game. This thing is already gone. This is the new normal.

#127 3 years ago

Do I need to bring my own toilet paper, or will it be provided? Seems this is the place to take a dump today.

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Dude your late to the game. This thing is already gone. This is the new normal.

another NEW NORMAL? i can't take anymore of this.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

But it is an investment. You said it yourself. You have 30 games and could cash out for a lot of money. Everyone in this hobby with 30 games didn’t get them without flipping games for profit along the way.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

But it is an investment. You said it yourself. You have 30 games and could cash out for a lot of money. Everyone in this hobby with 30 games didn’t get them without flipping games for profit along the way.

Tell yourself it is investment and it will end badly. Yes I am up only if I sell. Which I am not. If I do sell in the future it maybe higher or lower than current. If it was an investment it is a bad investment as stocks have done better, bonds have done better, real estate has done better and homes. A 10 percent yield every 7.2 years your investment doubles. TAF was a $5000 game in 2010 now it is $9000 game. MM was a $20k plus game and now $8500-$13500. Lotr of the rings huo was $5000 game in 2010 and now it is $6500. I have fun playing, maintaining and collecting them. Bubbles in everything come and go.

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

None of the guys I know with large collections, exceeding 50 games, flip any machines.

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

another NEW NORMAL? i can't take anymore of this

I hear ya brother. This is not the kinda normal any of us need!

#133 3 years ago

Glad that's over ....
Thinking about posting my 45K IJPA

#134 3 years ago

Wish I was further

#135 3 years ago

It's sad if someone actually pays something north of 3k for this... aside from the taste related "upgrades" this thing is probably water damaged and maybe even a fire Hazzard looking at the care that went into this "restore"

Screenshot_20210214-181836_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210214-181836_Chrome (resized).jpg
#136 3 years ago

Yeah was gonna say, that playfield looks pretty bad, is that mold growing in the grain down there? A chunk missing in the bottom-middle of the playfield? Rusty lift mechanisms? How did that mess get through the restoration process?

#137 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

It's sad if someone actually pays something north of 3k for this... aside from the taste related "upgrades" this thing is probably water damaged and maybe even a fire Hazzard looking at the care that went into this "restore"

Since when did people care how the bottom of a playfield looks. As long as it looks blingy on the surface that’s all the matters.

#138 3 years ago

That dude claiming his "work of art" FT is worth $11k is high. If it's the one I think it is he recently paid about half that. Talk about shameless pumping.

And no, the amount of time put into a restore does not directly correspond to the value. Every collector knows that. I mean, come on.

I once bought a very nice Space Shuttle with a 300 hour restore for <$3k because it was a Space Shuttle.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Glad that's over ....

Do it. "The Price Wars"

#140 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Since when did people care how the bottom of a playfield looks. As long as it looks blingy on the surface that’s all the matters.

For that price anyone should care. This thing looks like it was exposed to moisture or water. That means unsuspecting buyers boards start to fail a few months and that should not happen to a 1500 FT let alone a 9k one.

#141 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Glad that's over ....

Quoted from chad:

Do it. "The Price Wars"

d4ablz9-a65b0fb0-e044-4a80-b706-8f441cf0a3ca.jpgd4ablz9-a65b0fb0-e044-4a80-b706-8f441cf0a3ca.jpg
#142 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

You’re joking right? As a moment of sarcastic levity in this insane thread I can appreciate it.

#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

You’re joking right? As a moment of sarcastic levity in this insane thread I can appreciate it.

Nice to see someone has a sense of humor on here and can appreciate a little sarcasm. Next time I'll be sure to use

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Nice to see someone has a sense of humor on here and can appreciate a little sarcasm. Next time

Ya just gotta laugh. Ya can’t make this stuff up folks!

#146 3 years ago

The rust and water damage is a nice touch to the restore.
Really brings out the feeling of being on an old fishing boat.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from chooch:

Nice to see someone has a sense of humor on here and can appreciate a little sarcasm. Next time I'll be sure to use

Sorry dude...reading this thread it's really hard to tell!

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Who’s Dave Lucas and why did he redo your machine while eating shrooms and wearing 3D glasses? GLWTS

My head auto translated GLWTS to "Good luck with that shit" and I think it knew what it was doing.

#149 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

The remakes are in question. Will there be anymore? With prices where they are. They will be remade. Fish Tales remake coming! LOL The newbies came on the AFM page pushing remakes. Did not go well for them. I would take a HEP or huo original over any remake. I have had such bad luck with them. All bling but don’t play the same. Mmr was close then. Did not say original beater over remake.

I've had both restored originals and all the remake LE's....had zero issues with the CGC product....and the remakes are far more enjoyable to play ....sold off the original restored MM and AFM

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

sold off the original restored MM and AFM

That's funny... I did precisely the opposite. The remake I got NIB had numerous issues that CGC didn't care a bit about. The game wasn't collectible IHMO so got rid of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 169.00
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 40.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 154 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fish-tales-111/page/3?hl=dkjimbo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.