Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by L_satan
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

FP.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

Free

for sale

Firepower - $1000

Added: June 17th, 2015 Re-listed: 1 time (November 24th, 2015) Ended: January 3rd, 2017

Item description

EDIT: This pin is still available. I have already shipped my boat out to WI, but I am still entertaining selling this pin to make room for another.

When I got into the arcade hobby 10 years ago, this machine came to me broken and non-working. I replaced many components on the boards, including the driver board inter-connect and several transistors. She's running great now. Flippers are nice and strong. I have all the original manuals and paperwork, as well as the original locks and keys - everything works.

Playfield was touched up at some point in the past, and mylar laid down. New rubber in 2014. Cabinet is a solid 7 out of 10, and the backglass has the typical flaking you'd see on these Williams pins. Overall, a decent player. She's been very reliable for me. I've had mixed feelings about letting it go, but I need to make space for another pin in the lineup.

Serious buyers can contact me for more pictures, but honestly you should just come out and see it and play it to get a real idea of what you're buying. NO amount of pics can beat real life.

For you guys in the Connecticut / RI / NY area - I have a deal for you - a FREE firepower pin!

Here's the catch - I have a small 17' runabout boat in Waterbury, CT that I need brought to me. Boat and trailer are in fantastic condition, and ready to roll.

Tow my boat to me in the Minneapolis / St Paul metro area, and I'll give you my Firepower pin in exchange for your trouble.

Item photos

FP.jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Osceola, WI, US

Seller insights

These are smalltownguy2's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to smalltownguy2's stats page

#2 4 years ago

This is pretty cool. Especially if the FP is in good condition. On the way there make a pit stop in the Windy City and see the Blackhawks' celebration parade!

#3 4 years ago

Dang,
40 hour trip back and forth.

Butt hurts just thinking about it. But that doesn't mean I didn't think about it!

#4 4 years ago

About 2400 miles. If you can manage a vehicle that gets 20 mpg, that's 120 gallons of gas, or about $350. And your drive time

$350 for a fully working Firepower is a pretty good deal

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

About 2400 miles. If you can manage a vehicle that gets 20 mpg, that's 120 gallons of gas, or about $350. And your drive time

That is a helluva long drive. Especially for a FP.

You might consider selling FP, and using the cash to pay for your boat delivery via uship.

https://www.uship.com

#6 4 years ago

Hmmm....15 hrs each way.....couldn't put that wear on my vehicle.....BUT.....rent me a U-haul..(which I'll pay for)....and I'm on my way.......!!!... ....................Joey

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

You might consider selling FP, and using the cash to pay for your boat delivery via uship.

Still a cool idea.

#8 4 years ago

Hmmm....would love to do this...think it would be a fun road trip....maybe I can just rent a car/truck with a hitch....???....OP let me know if there is other interest before I go any farther.....Thank you...........Joey

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Totally worth it IMO. Too bad I'm not in the area of the boat and don't have the vehicle to tow.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Totally worth it IMO. Too bad I'm not in the area of the boat and don't have the vehicle to tow.

I'm only about an hour from the boat....and would probably get 10mpg or less

#11 4 years ago

Yes but that's saying your time is worth $0/hour. Still, would be a pretty cool way to get a game.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

Yes but that's saying your time is worth $0/hour. Still, would be a pretty cool way to get a game.

Some of us enjoy time on the road, especially if we have a good trip buddy. This would be a long drive by my standards, but if I had a few weeks of paid time off built up and was itching for adventure, I'd absolutely do it!

#13 4 years ago

You really see this as fun???? Wow... You haven't driven long distances lately.......Good luck.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

You really see this as fun???? Wow... You haven't driven long distances lately.......Good luck.

you havent been for a ride with collin yet <3

#15 4 years ago

One thing to consider. For someone exactly in the middle of the two. You could pull it off on separate days. Drive to get the boat and then bring it back to your home. Next free day you have, complete the rest of the transaction.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from barakandl:

you havent been for a ride with collin yet <3

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

One thing to consider. For someone exactly in the middle of the two. You could pull it off on separate days. Drive to get the boat and then bring it back to your home. Next free day you have, complete the rest of the transaction.

Interesting idea. I guess I didn't think of that.

I'm also game for the local sale idea. $1000 for the Firepower, cash & carry.

#18 4 years ago

I'll sweeten the pot - I'm adding $200 cash to the deal. Now your return fuel is paid for.

#19 4 years ago

If my buddy's truck with a hitch wasn't such a hooptie I'd be on my way....I'm trying OP...........Joey

#20 4 years ago

Got any photos showing condition of said firepower?

I may have some free time in the next week or two.

Edit....I'd be more interested in that pinbot

3 weeks later
#21 4 years ago

BUMP. Still available.

#22 4 years ago

Is the trailer registered?

#23 4 years ago

This is only a good deal if your time is worth nothing.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

This is only a good deal if your time is worth nothing.

I guess if you're doing a break even analysis. Maybe someone is retired or off work for the summer and wants a road trip. In any case, it's an interesting proposition. Good luck!

#25 4 years ago

Not really. It's about 2,500 miles round trip. Assuming whatever is towing a boat gets about 15mpg, at $3/gal that's $500 right there just in gas money.

Google has it at 19.5 hours, assuming you aren't going much faster than the speed limit because you are towning: Drive 10 hours, figure $100 for a hotel, that's about $79/night plus taxes, fees etc. Plus, figure $100 for a night hotel at the destination, drop the boat and another $100 for a night on the way back. That's about $300 in hotel.

With that many miles, you are going to have to get your car serviced, at least an oil change unless you just got one. Plus you are going to have wear and tear on your tires and a vehicle with another 2,500 on the odometer. Figure another $100 for all that.

And that's if nothing goes wrong. If you break down, or someone hits you, that would add substantially to the cost. Especially if someone hits you, who needs a lawsuit from the boat owner because your insurance company is either taking forever to pay, or isn't paying enough, you're financially responsible for that boat.

Even with the extra $200, you are literally working a 40 hour work week for the privilege of paying $700 for a Firepower.... which you could debate is only worth $800, depends on condition.

The only person this works for is someone going one way for some reason, that just happens to be doing the route anyway, that just happens to be in a vehicle that can tow a boat, or a commercial shipper who is going to charge a commercial rate anyway.

Saying free pinball in the title is a bit misleading, it's more like free boat delivery once you figure in all the expenses.

Quoted from catboxer:

I guess if you're doing a break even analysis. Maybe someone is retired or off work for the summer and wants a road trip. In any case, it's an interesting proposition. Good luck!

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from the96stang:

Is the trailer registered?

More importantly, are the trailer's tires & wheel bearings good?
Would be a pisser to have a wheel come off on the highway.

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Not really. It's about 2,500 miles round trip. Assuming whatever is towing a boat gets about 15mpg, at $3/gal that's $500 right there just in gas money.
Google has it at 19.5 hours, assuming you aren't going much faster than the speed limit because you are towning: Drive 10 hours, figure $100 for a hotel, that's about $79/night plus taxes, fees etc. Plus, figure $100 for a night hotel at the destination, drop the boat and another $100 for a night on the way back. That's about $300 in hotel.
With that many miles, you are going to have to get your car serviced, at least an oil change unless you just got one. Plus you are going to have wear and tear on your tires and a vehicle with another 2,500 on the odometer. Figure another $100 for all that.
And that's if nothing goes wrong. If you break down, or someone hits you, that would add substantially to the cost. Especially if someone hits you, who needs a lawsuit from the boat owner because your insurance company is either taking forever to pay, or isn't paying enough, you're financially responsible for that boat.
Even with the extra $200, you are literally working a 40 hour work week for the privilege of paying $700 for a Firepower.... which you could debate is only worth $800, depends on condition.
The only person this works for is someone going one way for some reason, that just happens to be doing the route anyway, that just happens to be in a vehicle that can tow a boat, or a commercial shipper who is going to charge a commercial rate anyway.
Saying free pinball in the title is a bit misleading, it's more like free boat delivery once you figure in all the expenses.

Of course you could see it this way. But If I had the time and the vehicle, I see it as a chance to take a sweet road trip, help a fellow pinsider out, get a sweet pin (plus $200), and make a new friend. I'd sleep in the boat in Walmart parking lots haha.

#28 4 years ago

I look at it the same as chuck. I live roughly halfway between the two locations, so its not so bad for me.

Still waiting to see what this firepower looks like though. Or his pinbot

#29 4 years ago

Don't forget to add in all the toll road$$ still worth the adventure and the story on how firepower got added to ur collection priceless!

1 week later
#30 4 years ago

I don't see this working. Too many variables. Considering gas, tolls, lodging, insurance (no one mentioned that!), and just time, I can't see anyone doing this. Not saying it isn't a cool idea. I think selling your Firepower and paying a boat moving service is your best option. Right now at the high season there are not a lot of boats being moved around. Maybe you could catch a piggy back ride on someone else' move, to save some $$. I moved my boat from Chicago to the Chesapeake Bay, and that was an option I couldn't use do to the size. I wouldn't have wanted anyone else except a fully insured and bonded company to do it for me. The other option is just selling the boat. There has to be a vibrant market between Lake Michigan and Minnetonka. Just a thought.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Of course you could see it this way. But If I had the time and the vehicle, I see it as a chance to take a sweet road trip, help a fellow pinsider out, get a sweet pin (plus $200), and make a new friend. I'd sleep in the boat in Walmart parking lots haha.

Actually not a bad idea, providing said boat can be slept "in".

#32 4 years ago

I am crazy enough to consider something like this but my biggest two concerns would be insurance on the boat & trailer and knowing everything was on the up & up. I don't want to be transporting a stolen boat or something else that will get me a free trip to jail.

These days who knows what someone might be trying to pull!

Nothing like getting pulled over for a brake light being out and finding out boat was full of drugs or something!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Keetur:

Actually not a bad idea, providing said boat can be slept "in".

You can sleep in a paddle boat if you wanted to. Just add alcohol.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Nothing like getting pulled over for a brake light being out and finding out boat was full of drugs or something!

That's why you check the boat first, then take a really nice trip!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside