f21 (resized).jpg
f20 (resized).jpg
f19 (resized).jpg
f18 (resized).jpg
f17 (resized).jpg
f16 (resized).jpg
f15 (resized).jpg
f14 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Thanks for your POSITIVE thoughts. Does anyone know of a place to get the ramps and/or the upper left building new?

Look around for a set of CPR plastics for the ramps. They were part of the plastic set.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So you’re selling at 2650 obo but passed up a 3k offer?
Somethings not adding up bucko.

I am not sure why you are on this dude so hard.... he didnt say he passed up 3k, he said he passed up an offer for way more than the half others valued this machine at... re-read the thread.

How many Fires have you owned? I have owned two, and neither started off as nice as this one. Above average Fires arent super common around here. I dont know the seller, if I did I would give him a little playful shit for making his horses blue, but it is crazy the attacks he is getting for an above average machine.

#22 5 years ago

Ralph. I now see the blue horse(s). Being as though the previous (not me) owner did those LED's. What should I put in there. LED's through this whole pin wouldn't add up to $50, What should I put in?

Get rid of all the cool white LEDs in the game and replace them with warm white frosted... it will look great.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I’ve owned ZERO fires but can’t tell you I’d mever buy one with cracked ramps and buildings. Especially for over 3k which was his original list price.

Sounds like you will never own a Fire...lol...

A shopped $1500 Fire will have playfield wear, especially by the jump ramp, multiple broken buildings and ramps, and a cabinet with bumps and bruises. I have sold two Fires as described above at $1500 and it took 5 seconds.

Look at the pictures again, the devil is in the details, it is clear this game saw little time on route...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I told you this would happen! I see you knocked $250 off your original price of $2900.
You need to keep going.

I dont understand.... This has been on the market for one day....Its not like this machine has been here for 3 months.

Are you guys friends and you are giving him shit, or .... I am guessing you are looking for one?

#40 5 years ago

Blackbeard: I will NOT corrct you again. I sold the last one for #K. I listed this at 2950 exactly 10 hours ago. I dropped the price to 2650 upon recomendation by a trusted individual. Again, please read the script. You are NOT following it well.

I would stop wasting your time with these guys to be honest with you.... Its not worth your energy.... Good luck with your sale, it is a really nice looking fire, minus the cool white pallete... lol

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Translation: Some sucker housewife will buy it for their firefighter husband at $1100 over the max price.
I love people who prey on the uninformed. Hope it helps you sleep at night.

You listed a Twister at $2700 and a Royal Rumble at $2500.... and your busting this dudes nuts about a Fire you will clearly never own..... Is this bizarro world?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This particular Fire, or all Fire machines in general?

This particular Fire.... I dont disagree with your pricing on average Fires... look at the archives for reference... This isnt like those Fires...

Look at the paint quality of the cabinet, the inside of the coin door, the original playfield condition... This one hits the mark on all of those things and more.

The only negatives here arent terrible at all... slight touchup on left backbox, two cracked ramps, and one chipped building....and an easy swap of white leds.

This thing is a nice original survivor.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Jesus Christ, you've killed him.
Well played, my friend. Well played.

Did he?

These are the last three listed.... Two of them sold elsewhere in less than a week.....

Screenshot_20190319-213703 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190319-213703 (resized).png
#63 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Correct. Sold elsewhere...at a much lower price.

Where does it say that it was a much lower price? Did you contact the sellers?

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Even @Forceflow cited it a few days ago from the fine print pages to someone trying to get something for nothing...
"Pinside is a tight-knit community and an important aspect of such a community is trust. In order to protect the integrity of our site..."
I wholeheartedly agree. We are a community and have (some level of) integrity. The issue is that FS ads, no matter how ridiculous they are (See: Immaculate Baywatch, $65K TZ, $3800 beater NBAFB, $7K Met Pros, countless other ridiculous ads from new posters...etc.), it seems to have spawned a tug of war between "integrity" and profit. Maybe one of those ads convert to a sale and Pinside makes their few bucks. Problem is for that one extra blip of income, concurrently there were a handful of spam ads and another handful of overpriced new member ads that deteriorate the "integrity" of this site. If this "tight-knit community" puts money solely before community and never creates guidelines about ridding of the garbage, well, then there's no community, no integrity and we're 'eBay-Pinball'.
Sooner than later, if nothing changes, this will go the same route as Yahoo and be a shell of its former self... looking for the most extreme sources of revenue as they've burned through other channels and have had alienated the fanbase that got them to the heights they had achieved.
Anyways, back to the regularly scheduled Pinsiding...

I have been collecting since 1999, as far as I am concerned all of pinball is overpriced. I passed on TZs and CVs for $1700, because at the time, those were "sucker" prices. My last CV I sold to a friend for $3500, and I thought he was crazy that he thought it was worth that.

In all of the years I have been on Pinside, it has always been the place to sell for top dollar. Has that changed? Not really.

You guys have roasted this seller for asking $2900 for a really nice original Fire. He has only had one machine, a Fire a dealer approached him about with an offer of $3k. The last few Fires in the market were listed at 2650 and 2400. How the hell is this guy considered way off in his asking price based on his experience with pinball?

He started at 2900, and quickly went to 2650 based on input from others. He doesnt fit the typical flipper mold you guys are trying to roast him for.

Kudos guys, way to make a new person feel welcome....

The good news is that this seller is offering an above average survivor.(those are getting harder to find) The bad news is that it will probably take above average pricing to get it. How much above average? Who knows, it will work itself out like it always does.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ralphwiggum.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fire-21?tu=ralphwiggum and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.