New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 238751)

For sale: Fire!

By gordonshumway

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by NorCalRealtor
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190319-213703 (resized).png
Fire Stats (resized).png
NopeIdontLikeIt (resized).jpg
f26 (resized).jpg
f25 (resized).jpg
f24 (resized).jpg
f23 (resized).jpg
f22 (resized).jpg
f21 (resized).jpg
f20 (resized).jpg
f19 (resized).jpg
f18 (resized).jpg
f17 (resized).jpg
f16 (resized).jpg
f15 (resized).jpg
f14 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#11 1 year ago

Thats a clean Fire for sure. I agree cool whites maybe not the best look for this particular pin, but that doesnt really affect value in my eyes. Certainly looks like a $2-something Fire to me.

#67 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Herein lies the problem. It's a nice Fire, but you overpaid and are trying to convince yourself that $2.5K-$3K is fair market value. It's not. Let's consult the site you're on right now as a base reference...
[quoted image]
Now, do I believe some of the Pinside price values are lower than current market conditions? Yes. Yes I do. But that doesn't mean that good examples are suddenly worth double the above range, especially ones that need new ramps and plastics. Even if it were a 10/10 documented low play HUO, you'd probably be mid $2K to a collector (which is a narrow scope of buyers, and they probably want Champagne Ed. anyways)... but to your original post:

This isn't ebay where one can expect strangers to bite on ridiculous prices. This is a enthusiasts' website basically comprised entirely of people who know what stuff is worth and call spades spades. Fire w/ broken plastics, busted ramps, and defended by someone who claims to have only owned 2 pins, and not much other experience in the hobby is wealth of red flags... even if the rest appears solid.
There's also the fact that none of your photos show the Fire wheel on, and only a few of the building windows on the PF under the wheel are lit. People will also assume that this game is unshopped. For the price, this game should mention that is has been professionally gone through and probably have had the ramps replaced, perhaps rubbers upgraded, along with proof that all lights are on and the wheel works. Previous owners swapping LED's alone doesn't add $500-$1K in value.

You are way off, dude. A 10/10 like-new Fire would sell for at least $5000. Directing seller to the Pinside Avg Value Range shows you lack a deeper understanding of how much condition impacts value on these older pins. Pinside avg range of $1200-$1500 is because avg Fire is a beater. Above avg = more. Way above avg = a lot more. CQ mint = very big bucks.

#68 1 year ago

P.s. see the thread recently with the HEP-restored Fire? Very likely someone has 5 figures into that pin.

Perfect 10/10 Fire, or any Sys 11, for $2500 only exists in your dreams.

#74 1 year ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Never wanted to start this!
It is a ~$2,000 something pin. It's not like it is 10K over priced. If it's worth 2, then it's worth 2. If it's worth 2,500 then it's worth 2,500. I want it to have a good home and willing to deal with any honest person out there. I don't need my Savior's name used in vain. I find that extremely repulsive. As I said, my worth is not made up of a few hundred dollars. My worth is more in finding nice people in life. This thread has brought out many sour, bitter folks. I'd sooner donate this to a firehouse as a previous poster did than give it to a bottom feeding person. Many people have contacted me and encouraged me. Thank you to them. For those with POSITIVE comments, thank you too. I'm an honest person, who maybe only has had a couple pins. That doesn't make me a bad person. This is a nice pin, and it will find a nice home.

Try not to sweat all the negative comments. Happens all the time around here. Hard to please them all. Next time you can avoid comments by placing your item in the Marketplace only. Also, I highly recommend the Ignore button, aka Make Jerks Disappear button. Very useful feature.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider norcalrealtor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside