New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 238751)

For sale: Fire!

By gordonshumway

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by NorCalRealtor
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20190319-213703 (resized).png
Fire Stats (resized).png
NopeIdontLikeIt (resized).jpg
f26 (resized).jpg
f25 (resized).jpg
f24 (resized).jpg
f23 (resized).jpg
f22 (resized).jpg
f21 (resized).jpg
f20 (resized).jpg
f19 (resized).jpg
f18 (resized).jpg
f17 (resized).jpg
f16 (resized).jpg
f15 (resized).jpg
f14 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbag66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#25 1 year ago

I told you this would happen! I see you knocked $250 off your original price of $2900.

You need to keep going.

#29 1 year ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

DB66: You offered me 1800? Get real. I offered to deal with you, not bottom-feed. As a few have stated, and I will add without knowing me or seeing anything but my pic's, this is a fine machine. Folk on this forum seem to think that everyone selling something is destitute. I'm not. This is a great pin and in unbelievable condition for its age. I initially didn't think I had room for two pins, maybe after this experience, I will find room to keep it. My initial hope was to find it a good home, but I'm not interested in giving it away or any more insults. My palette for LED colors, which I did not install, may be color blind, but that is chump change to buy. I honestly did not look at that as a selling point.

The high end for a Fire these days is ~$1500. Not $2650. If a game that is 32 years old has appreciated that much, then my WoZ must be worth $10k, right?!?

Like I said, I told you that people (very knowledgeable people) would chime in if you made this into a forum topic. Lower your price at least another $600 and then maybe people might start biting. But at your current price, you should take this somewhere else.

#34 1 year ago

$1800...and you swap the bulbs out.

Deal?

#37 1 year ago

Everything thing in life is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Translation: Some sucker housewife will buy it for their firefighter husband at $1100 over the max price.

I love people who prey on the uninformed. Hope it helps you sleep at night.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbum:

4 pinsiders have wanted adds for a Fire, one is dirtbag.

Umm, okay?

#43 1 year ago

DB. As I said, make an honest offer.

$1800 is pretty honest. If your machine was a Champagne, then I would entertain the $2650 price tag. You did nothing to this machine except put cool white bulbs in it which makes it look more like a Chicago winter than the Chicago Fire.

#48 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

and your busting this dudes nuts about a Fire you will clearly never own..... Is this bizarro world?

This particular Fire, or all Fire machines in general?

#53 1 year ago

If you want a new Gulfstream 650 and your budget can only afford a used 1970 Learjet 20, buyers need not apply.

What?

#55 1 year ago

You'd NEVER understand.

Pretty sure that was a jet reference....on a pinball forum.

#58 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Herein lies the problem. It's a nice Fire, but you overpaid and are trying to convince yourself that $2.5K-$3K is fair market value. It's not. Let's consult the site you're on right now as a base reference...
[quoted image]
Now, do I believe some of the Pinside price values are lower than current market conditions? Yes. Yes I do. But that doesn't mean that good examples are suddenly worth double the above range, especially ones that need new ramps and plastics. Even if it were a 10/10 documented low play HUO, you'd probably be mid $2K to a collector (which is a narrow scope of buyers, and they probably want Champagne Ed. anyways)... but to your original post:

This isn't ebay where one can expect strangers to bite on ridiculous prices. This is a enthusiasts' website basically comprised entirely of people who know what stuff is worth and call spades spades. Fire w/ broken plastics, busted ramps, and defended by someone who claims to have only owned 2 pins, and not much other experience in the hobby is wealth of red flags... even if the rest appears solid.
There's also the fact that none of your photos show the Fire wheel on, and only a few of the building windows on the PF under the wheel are lit. People will also assume that this game is unshopped. For the price, this game should mention that is has been professionally gone through and probably have had the ramps replaced, perhaps rubbers upgraded, along with proof that all lights are on and the wheel works. Previous owners swapping LED's alone doesn't add $500-$1K in value.

Jesus Christ, you've killed him.

Well played, my friend. Well played.

#61 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

You guys have made your point that you think that the machine is overpriced. Any broken record posts will be moderated as such.
Nice machine. GLWS

Just coming together as a community to protect potential buyers from being ripped off. I would think this is something that would be encouraged around here.

#62 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Did he?
These are the last three listed.... Two of them sold elsewhere in less than a week.....[quoted image]

Correct. Sold elsewhere...at a much lower price.

#66 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Even @Forceflow cited it a few days ago from the fine print pages to someone trying to get something for nothing...
"Pinside is a tight-knit community and an important aspect of such a community is trust. In order to protect the integrity of our site..."
I wholeheartedly agree. We are a community and have (some level of) integrity. The issue is that FS ads, no matter how ridiculous they are (See: Immaculate Baywatch, $65K TZ, $3800 beater NBAFB, $7K Met Pros, countless other ridiculous ads from new posters...etc.), it seems to have spawned a tug of war between "integrity" and profit. Maybe one of those ads convert to a sale and Pinside makes their few bucks. Problem is for that one extra blip of income, concurrently there were a handful of spam ads and another handful of overpriced new member ads that deteriorate the "integrity" of this site. If this "tight-knit community" puts money solely before community and never creates guidelines about ridding of the garbage, well, then there's no community, no integrity and we're 'eBay-Pinball'.
Sooner than later, if nothing changes, this will go the same route as Yahoo and be a shell of its former self... looking for the most extreme sources of revenue as they've burned through other channels and have had alienated the fanbase that got them to the heights they had achieved.
Anyways, back to the regularly scheduled Pinsiding...

I like this dude. He gets it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dirtbag66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside