f21 (resized).jpg
f20 (resized).jpg
f19 (resized).jpg
f18 (resized).jpg
f17 (resized).jpg
f16 (resized).jpg
f15 (resized).jpg
f14 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 5 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Fire!

Added: 2019-03-17 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 1 time (March 25th, 2019) • Ended: April 3rd, 2019
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 2,650 (OBO)

Open for offers

Used Williams Fire! I'd rate the condition 6-7/10. Playfield is good to excellent, intact and original. New rubber and playfield glass. No electronic damage, box is solid and paint looks great. Everything works, including bell - which is shiny. Fire has a bunch of plastics in the play area. Only one building has a small crack at an attach point. Both ramps are cracked (as all do eventually). The ramps are available on the market, the building could easily be repaired to original. This is a solid version of Fire!

Item photos

f1 (resized).jpg
f11 (resized).jpg
f13 (resized).jpg
f14 (resized).jpg
f15 (resized).jpg
f16 (resized).jpg
f17 (resized).jpg
f18 (resized).jpg
f19 (resized).jpg
f2 (resized).jpg
f20 (resized).jpg
f21 (resized).jpg
f22 (resized).jpg
f23 (resized).jpg
f24 (resized).jpg
f25 (resized).jpg
f26 (resized).jpg
f3 (resized).jpg
f4 (resized).jpg
f5 (resized).jpg
f6 (resized).jpg
f7 (resized).jpg
f8 (resized).jpg
f9 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are gordonshumway's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to gordonshumway's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Pleasant Prairie, WI, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

#2 5 years ago

Oooof. When using cool whites goes wrong. Looks like winter is coming.

Won’t even get into price.

#3 5 years ago

What the heck do your comments mean? Love to know what your "price" means???

#4 5 years ago

I think he means your price is about 2x what these are going for (before you dropped price down). And that’s being generous.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I think he means your price is about 2x what these are going for. And that’s being generous.

... and that the cool whites in that type of game fits about as well as this type of color on this type of car.

NopeIdontLikeIt (resized).jpgNopeIdontLikeIt (resized).jpg

#6 5 years ago

Wow, I see where this is going. That's really helpful. I've had offers much higher that "half" and turned them down. Sold the last Fire! for 3 and it wasn't near this nice.

As far as the lighting goes, my palette isn't quite that sophisticated. Must be 40+ years in the cockpit of high end jets that has made me color blind.

Thanks however for your comments...

#7 5 years ago

Sure you did

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from gordonshumway:

Sold the last Fire! for 3 and it wasn't near this nice.

Cool story. Well now we know what kind of seller/flipper you are. GL flipping your 2x valued, terribly LED’d players games to unsuspecting suckers.

#9 5 years ago

Take that up with the dealer in Illinois. I didn't ask, he offered 3K. I paid 2600 for this one and I truly think it is of the 26+ value. I'm not here to add value to my thoughts. Quite honestly, I like the game enough to pull the ad. An extra few hundred will not make the difference in my life, but apparently it does in yours. I do NOT flip machines. I've owned exactly two pins in my life, both Fire! I actually like this one, except for the cracked ramps and the broken corner of the one building. Other than those two flaws, it is an exceptional pin. I've thought about going to Hutchins to totally revamp this one. I am looking for a buyer who appreciates the "low mileage original" that it is.

Thanks however for you humble opinion.

#10 5 years ago

Take that up with the dealer in Illinois. I didn't ask, he offered 3K

No he didn’t.

No one did.

#11 5 years ago

Thats a clean Fire for sure. I agree cool whites maybe not the best look for this particular pin, but that doesnt really affect value in my eyes. Certainly looks like a $2-something Fire to me.

#12 5 years ago

After looking at your pics this is a pretty nice Fire at least in my opinion.

#13 5 years ago

Thanks for your POSITIVE thoughts. Does anyone know of a place to get the ramps and/or the upper left building new?

#14 5 years ago

Thanks for your POSITIVE thoughts. Does anyone know of a place to get the ramps and/or the upper left building new?

Look around for a set of CPR plastics for the ramps. They were part of the plastic set.

#15 5 years ago

So you’re selling at 2650 obo but passed up a 3k offer?

Somethings not adding up bucko.

#16 5 years ago

This machine actually does looks really good for its age, but I have to agree with them on the cool white lights...it just doesn’t look right. I would have gone with warm white for a more traditional look, but to each his own.

CPR has some plastics, but I’m not sure what is included in the set.

#17 5 years ago

No I didn't say that. I SAID I sold the LAST one for 3K. And it was NOT as nice as this one. You apparently don't read the entire post. It was a dealer in IL and he offered 3k, and then followed with payment for it, (pin #1). This Fire! is (pin #2), which is a much nicer specimen and I'm asking 2,650 OBO.

As I said, I really don't need to sell it, and certainly will not lose on it. It is a very fine example of Fire!, which is slowly becoming extinct.

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

So you’re selling at 2650 obo but passed up a 3k offer?
Somethings not adding up bucko.

I am not sure why you are on this dude so hard.... he didnt say he passed up 3k, he said he passed up an offer for way more than the half others valued this machine at... re-read the thread.

How many Fires have you owned? I have owned two, and neither started off as nice as this one. Above average Fires arent super common around here. I dont know the seller, if I did I would give him a little playful shit for making his horses blue, but it is crazy the attacks he is getting for an above average machine.

#19 5 years ago

Thanks Ralph... I don't know you either, but only because you are also a Cheddar-head makes you one of my team. Thank you! It is a nice specimen and I'm happy to own it. After all of this banter, I'm sure to never ask opinions again.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am not sure why you are on this dude so hard.... he didnt say he passed up 3k, he said he passed up an offer for way more than the half others valued this machine at... re-read the thread.
How many Fires have you owned? I have owned two, and neither started off as nice as this one. Above average Fires arent super common around here. I dont know the seller, if I did I would give him a little playful shit for making his horses blue, but it is crazy the attacks he is getting for an above average machine.

I’ve owned ZERO fires but can tell you I’d never buy one with cracked ramps and buildings for over 3k which was his original list price.

#21 5 years ago

Ralph. I now see the blue horse(s). Being as though the previous (not me) owner did those LED's. What should I put in there. LED's through this whole pin wouldn't add up to $50, What should I put in?

#22 5 years ago

Ralph. I now see the blue horse(s). Being as though the previous (not me) owner did those LED's. What should I put in there. LED's through this whole pin wouldn't add up to $50, What should I put in?

Get rid of all the cool white LEDs in the game and replace them with warm white frosted... it will look great.

#23 5 years ago

No it was NOT over 3K. That was the last one. This one was listed at 2900 until tonight, then dropped to 2650. And Blackbeard. If you have all the answers, please tell me where I can get a new upper left building and spire. Niterider was KIND enough and gentlemanly enough to recommend CPR for the ramps. In the words of Bill Murray, "At least I got that going for me"...

#24 5 years ago

Thanks Ralph. Wish you were closer, I'd buy you a Rhinelander.

#25 5 years ago

I told you this would happen! I see you knocked $250 off your original price of $2900.

You need to keep going.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I’ve owned ZERO fires but can’t tell you I’d mever buy one with cracked ramps and buildings. Especially for over 3k which was his original list price.

Sounds like you will never own a Fire...lol...

A shopped $1500 Fire will have playfield wear, especially by the jump ramp, multiple broken buildings and ramps, and a cabinet with bumps and bruises. I have sold two Fires as described above at $1500 and it took 5 seconds.

Look at the pictures again, the devil is in the details, it is clear this game saw little time on route...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I told you this would happen! I see you knocked $250 off your original price of $2900.
You need to keep going.

I dont understand.... This has been on the market for one day....Its not like this machine has been here for 3 months.

Are you guys friends and you are giving him shit, or .... I am guessing you are looking for one?

#28 5 years ago

DB66: You offered me 1800? Get real. I offered to deal with you, not bottom-feed. As a few have stated, and I will add without knowing me or seeing anything but my pic's, this is a fine machine. Folk on this forum seem to think that everyone selling something is destitute. I'm not. This is a great pin and in unbelievable condition for its age. I initially didn't think I had room for two pins, maybe after this experience, I will find room to keep it. My initial hope was to find it a good home, but I'm not interested in giving it away or any more insults. My palette for LED colors, which I did not install, may be color blind, but that is chump change to buy. I honestly did not look at that as a selling point.

#29 5 years ago

DB66: You offered me 1800? Get real. I offered to deal with you, not bottom-feed. As a few have stated, and I will add without knowing me or seeing anything but my pic's, this is a fine machine. Folk on this forum seem to think that everyone selling something is destitute. I'm not. This is a great pin and in unbelievable condition for its age. I initially didn't think I had room for two pins, maybe after this experience, I will find room to keep it. My initial hope was to find it a good home, but I'm not interested in giving it away or any more insults. My palette for LED colors, which I did not install, may be color blind, but that is chump change to buy. I honestly did not look at that as a selling point.

The high end for a Fire these days is ~$1500. Not $2650. If a game that is 32 years old has appreciated that much, then my WoZ must be worth $10k, right?!?

Like I said, I told you that people (very knowledgeable people) would chime in if you made this into a forum topic. Lower your price at least another $600 and then maybe people might start biting. But at your current price, you should take this somewhere else.

#30 5 years ago

As it says "OBO" . Belly up to the bar folks.

#31 5 years ago

This thing was originally listed over 3k I believe.

With the cracked ramps and buildings.

Fire is a 1500 pin all day long.

#32 5 years ago

Everything thing in life is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Not what someone thinks it is worth. I told DB66 that it as not acceptable at 1800, Chime in. I'm open to honest offers.

#33 5 years ago

Blackbeard: I will NOT correct you again. I sold the last one for #3K. I listed this at 2950 exactly 10 hours ago. I dropped the price to 2650 upon recomendation by a trusted individual. Again, please read the script. You are NOT following it well.

#34 5 years ago

$1800...and you swap the bulbs out.

Deal?

#35 5 years ago

4 pinsiders have wanted adds for a Fire, one is dirtbag.

#36 5 years ago

Mines listed for 1800, and this one is nicer. Nicer playfield, nicer houses, nicer ladder ramp area.

#37 5 years ago

Everything thing in life is worth whatever someone is willing to pay.

Translation: Some sucker housewife will buy it for their firefighter husband at $1100 over the max price.

I love people who prey on the uninformed. Hope it helps you sleep at night.

#38 5 years ago

DB. As I said, make an honest offer.

#39 5 years ago

Thanks Chuckwurt. And I may add, my high score on THIS machine Is 6.2

#40 5 years ago

Blackbeard: I will NOT corrct you again. I sold the last one for #K. I listed this at 2950 exactly 10 hours ago. I dropped the price to 2650 upon recomendation by a trusted individual. Again, please read the script. You are NOT following it well.

I would stop wasting your time with these guys to be honest with you.... Its not worth your energy.... Good luck with your sale, it is a really nice looking fire, minus the cool white pallete... lol

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

4 pinsiders have wanted adds for a Fire, one is dirtbag.

Umm, okay?

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I would stop wasting your time with these guys to be honest with you.... Its not worth your energy.... Good luck with your sale, it is a really nice looking fire, minus the cool white pallete... lol

I agree. It might be the nicest original I’ve ever seen to be honest. Above average for sure. Will he get $2600? No idea. But the game is nice that’s for sure.

#43 5 years ago

DB. As I said, make an honest offer.

$1800 is pretty honest. If your machine was a Champagne, then I would entertain the $2650 price tag. You did nothing to this machine except put cool white bulbs in it which makes it look more like a Chicago winter than the Chicago Fire.

#44 5 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-at-station-45

I got this one for 1900$ then put some mild effort if pimping it. This is pinside my friend. Go to EBay if you wanna charge 2650, and it is not about the few hundred$.

#45 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Translation: Some sucker housewife will buy it for their firefighter husband at $1100 over the max price.
I love people who prey on the uninformed. Hope it helps you sleep at night.

You listed a Twister at $2700 and a Royal Rumble at $2500.... and your busting this dudes nuts about a Fire you will clearly never own..... Is this bizarro world?

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from bladerunner:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fire-at-station-45
I got this one for 1900$ then put some mild effort if pimping it. This is pinside my friend. Go to EBay if you wanna charge 2650, and it is not about the few hundred$.

Is this Russ G's old Fire?

#47 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Is this Russ G's old Fire?

K7 got it for me, not sure from whom.

#48 5 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

and your busting this dudes nuts about a Fire you will clearly never own..... Is this bizarro world?

This particular Fire, or all Fire machines in general?

#49 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

This particular Fire, or all Fire machines in general?

This particular Fire.... I dont disagree with your pricing on average Fires... look at the archives for reference... This isnt like those Fires...

Look at the paint quality of the cabinet, the inside of the coin door, the original playfield condition... This one hits the mark on all of those things and more.

The only negatives here arent terrible at all... slight touchup on left backbox, two cracked ramps, and one chipped building....and an easy swap of white leds.

This thing is a nice original survivor.

#50 5 years ago

I didn't put the bulbs in. They came with it. As I said, LED's (which really aren't bulbs) they are LED's came with it. I've priced replacements and it wouldn't set me $50 back - chump change… Replacing a playfield (which a guy in Milwaukee has new) will set you back $500. Plastic buildings (which are not available anymore) are impossible. The ramps (thanks to Niterider) are available. The bones that this machine offers can't be found anywhere! I bought this from a trusted folk who "claims" it was owned by a Chicago fireman. I can't prove that, but I can show a great example of a 1987 Fire! Either you are interested or you are not. I won't change your mind or anyone's. It's a 32 year old-soon to be antique. It works, it shows well and I think it's priced fairy. "OBO" means just that, make an offer. I won't insult you, please don't insult me. If a Fire! is what you want, then by all means make me an offer. If you want a new Gulfstream 650 and your budget can only afford a used 1970 Learjet 20, buyers need not apply.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fire-21/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.