EDA69758-DE49-42D9-BE1A-157952AE3481 (resized).jpeg
465B7642-22D7-4AEB-92EB-BABBE3DB5118 (resized).jpeg
029977CA-45B8-4147-A3D0-D4D68F583BC4 (resized).jpeg
156241F9-126E-4DFA-BA83-F807002D1FC7 (resized).jpeg
E1E87936-A8E9-41B1-A48C-756DC0ED3303 (resized).jpeg
6B767840-11A8-4369-B5E5-FD6CCE12D846 (resized).jpeg
575953D2-20FA-4339-BC56-B9CE0A90EF81 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5950 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Fathom Restored

Featured Ad

Added: 2020-10-31 16:08:32 UTC • Ended: November 30th, 2020
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 4,995 (OBO)

Open for offers

This is a fully restored Bally Fathom pinball machine.

New: playfield overlay decal and Lexan cover, plastics, transparent blue lane separators, new rollover stars, Titan rubber, all LED with a spotlight, clear blue flippers with bushings, bumper caps, gutter LED, drop targets and stationary target, balls, shooter with transparent blue knob and red (strongest) shooter spring with bushing, and new nuts on all plastics.

New Alltek MPU/Solenoid/lamp driver boards and new Rotten Dog power supply board. New capacitors and volume pots on sound board (Squawk & Talk PCB). New custom steel grounding PCB mount panel to get rid of the old foil cardboard with poor ground.

New hot rodded AUTOMOTIVE paint with fine metal flake and clear coat using Pinball Pimp stencils. Custom green and blue chosen over original. That was my decision, may not be for everyone. The back of the machine is not smooth or awesome due to the particle wood Bally chose. It's not perfect but amazing still.

NICE original Backglass with one 1/4" defect. Easily a 9/10 back glass. New lock. New Rotten Dog LED numeric displays (the pics caught the LEDs in a blinking state, so it looks like digits are missing. They work fully-I tried to catch them fully lit, but had no luck)

New coin door skin, Bally foil decal,lock matching backbox key with new Fathom key chain, and LED coin lights. New steel siderails (small dings on siderails from Marco's manufacturing process-sorry it's near perfect though), new original pricing coin bezels found in the cabinet with original owner manual/schematics included (nice treasure found in cabinet).

New apron cards with original apron (has some scuffs, but the repro was horrible-went with original). Green LED credit indicator.

Painted black inside with new grounding braid and new speaker. Every switch and LED is working.

Original legs painted with truck bed liner, new feet and bolts, and leg cabinet protectors. Cool clear green flipper buttons.

New playfield glass and new power cable.

Beautiful machine waiting for the ideal collector. Great example of a 3 multiball machine. Make your best offer!

Will ship at buyer's expense. Pickup is welcome. PayPal and cash accepted.

Item photos

fathom copy (resized).jpg
001 (resized).jpg
001 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).jpg
004 (resized).jpg
005 (resized).jpg
006 (resized).jpg
IMG_5872 (resized).JPG
IMG_5874 (resized).JPG
IMG_5950 (resized).JPG
backglass (resized).jpg
bally (resized).jpg
boards (resized).jpg
fin closeup (resized).jpg
front inside (resized).jpg
playfield01 (resized).jpg
sideart (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are jaysunten's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to jaysunten's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Tecumseh, OK, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

£ 195.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

#2 3 years ago

No doubt, a beautiful machine... Is it worth 8.3k?? I guess that’s up to the buyer.

#3 3 years ago

Not with an overlay, where’s the cpr playfield?

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Not with an overlay, where’s the cpr playfield?

Yes, I agree

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Powdevil:

Is it worth 8.3k?? I guess that’s up to the buyer.

I’m sure the OP has a lot of $$ into the restore, so when you factor that in plus some profit you get $8,300.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m sure the OP has a lot of $$ into the restore, so when you factor that in plus some profit you get $8,300.

A PF "Overlay Decal" is a major bummer for a restoration at this price point. That's why these photos look so dark/lame.

Here is a restored Fathom I owned for years and sold last year on Pinside. Check out the PF colors.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fathom-19

Not saying this isn't a nice game, but for me the PF is a MAJOR aspect of any restoration.

#7 3 years ago

Snaroff you should’ve gotten more if you took less than $7k. I’m sure it would now if you were selling

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Here is a restored Fathom I owned for years and sold last year on Pinside. Check out the PF colors.

Man that would have been a tough Fathom to give up! You’ll probably never see a better one than that.

#9 3 years ago

At this price point repinned connectors are a must. Most of the ones I see in the backbox look original to me.

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Snaroff you should’ve gotten more if you took less than $7k. I’m sure it would now if you were selling

It sold for a tad less than 7k IIRC. Went to a good, appreciative home, so it's all good. The market for 80's restorations isn't as robust as you'd think.

Quoted from Powdevil:

Man that would have been a tough Fathom to give up! You’ll probably never see a better one than that.

I had it for over 6 years, and yes, it was definitely a beauty! Fortunately, I still have my Centaur and Paragon which are both gorgeous. Those will never leave.

#11 3 years ago

For some reason I never trust pictures with black or white backgrounds.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

That’s a great point. I didn’t even notice, but now that you pointed it out, it is a bit odd. I’d much prefer something more authentic.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

You mean cropped photos?

#14 3 years ago

"Fully restored".....

Playfield overlay and 40 year old backglass with a defect.....only the 2 most important things in ANY restoration......

it's pretty and I know it was a ton of work, but.....no.....no.....

1 week later
#15 3 years ago

I'd like to ask the owner to respond on here to address a couple things. You're not on trial here but I'm generally curious and would most likely clear up a few things and help anyone looking at this. It's a decent example and obviously some work went in to this.
Is this an original Fathom or a donor cab made in to a Fathom?
Did you perform the refurbishment?
Who, what, where on the playfield overlay?
Was the playfield surface sanded smooth and all inserts addressed for lifting etc... prior to installing the playfield art overlay.
Who, what, where on the lexan overlay?
Elaborate on the 1/4 defect on backglass. Maybe a closeup photo?
Maybe a short video of the backbox and field during play.
Does the game play 100% with no glitches or weird problems that need to be addressed.
Thank you for your time.
r/
Mike

#16 3 years ago

Better pics would help

2 weeks later
#17 3 years ago

Huge price drop now ...,

Seems like a deal now....

Someone should snag this..,.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Huge price drop now ...,
Seems like a deal now....
Someone should snag this..,.

I posted some questions 2 posts up a while ago. Seller has yet to acknowledge them. So all I can think is possible scam. I can't be the only one.
$3500 price drop in less than a month is huge. I asked the questions when they dropped it to just under 6K. Still crickets.
If it's too good to be true, it usually is.
Although, I think all the Fathoms are extremely overpriced everywhere for some strange reason.
If it was closer to Boston, i'd be trying a little harder to connect.

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I posted some questions 2 posts up a while ago. Seller has yet to acknowledge them. So all I can think is possible scam. I can't be the only one.
$3500 price drop in less than a month is huge. I asked the questions when they dropped it to just under 6K. Still crickets.
Although, I think all the Fathoms are extremely overpriced everywhere for some strange reason.

The size of the drop is fairly meaningless if the original price was absurd. The photos are awful for a "Restored" Fathom.

#20 3 years ago

Pretty suspicious. Lots of red flags here guys...

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

Saw it on a Facebook too - doesn’t seem like a scam. I think the original price was too high and he dropped back into reality range. A restored Fathom is worth $5k, I know an overlay is not ideal but I am sure until someone replaces the playfield it .ill work.

I expect for the work done on it....it will sell or it is sold already.

The guy has been on Pinside three years...would I do this deal over email, probably not without some assurances. But...for good deals sometimes it costs time and money to secure a deal.

#22 3 years ago

I am glad this is not closer to me.

#23 3 years ago

#24 3 years ago

Lousy pictures. Show me one or two pics with the pin lit up. Then turn on the house lights and turn on some sunshine.

Show the cab from every angle. Show play field with glass off.

#25 3 years ago

I sent a PM inviting the seller to this thread.

"We're all talking about it. I see you check in on pinside regularly. Care to chime in?
If it were closer to Boston I'd be a little more active on trying to make contact.
This game would most likely sell for close to the price you're asking if you answer a couple questions.
Here's the link to it in case you haven't seen the thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fathom-restored"

#26 3 years ago

I guess I don't know how to read pinside worth a crap. I didn't know there was a thread.
This is an original machine that came from Arkansas. I have the card with the serial number and the head and body numbers matched before I primed the crap out of it.
The playfield was worn the F down. I sanded it with a disk sander and polyurethaned it. The playfield decal is the one off eBay. The lexan is the one off eBay. There's no major cupping in the lenses, and the lexan covers it.
There wasn't a CPR gold available at the time I was re-assembling it.
The 1/4" defect in the backglass is at the top between the Bally and F on fathom.
Of course it plays right.
I repinned a couple connectors in the backbox as needed, and soldered the crimp.
This machine wasn't fit to sell as original, or I would've done that.
I got it all put back together and all the boards work. I installed an NVRAM on the original -35. The MPU seems to have an occasional glitch where the playfield lights et confused. I'm all out of time to mess with it. All other original backbox boards work. Not sure about the bottom of the cabinet power supply. I will not include the original boards at this price.
I'll attach some pics. I photoshopped out my dirty garage in the ad. But didn't today since that caused distrust. I'm not a photographer, so these aren't the greatest. I'll post a video of gameplay later when I have someone to video it for me.
I'm asking $4500 on Facebook and $5000 on eBay. That's more than fair.

029977CA-45B8-4147-A3D0-D4D68F583BC4 (resized).jpeg029977CA-45B8-4147-A3D0-D4D68F583BC4 (resized).jpeg156241F9-126E-4DFA-BA83-F807002D1FC7 (resized).jpeg156241F9-126E-4DFA-BA83-F807002D1FC7 (resized).jpeg465B7642-22D7-4AEB-92EB-BABBE3DB5118 (resized).jpeg465B7642-22D7-4AEB-92EB-BABBE3DB5118 (resized).jpeg575953D2-20FA-4339-BC56-B9CE0A90EF81 (resized).jpeg575953D2-20FA-4339-BC56-B9CE0A90EF81 (resized).jpeg6B767840-11A8-4369-B5E5-FD6CCE12D846 (resized).jpeg6B767840-11A8-4369-B5E5-FD6CCE12D846 (resized).jpeg6F2DDA04-C4C5-4A39-A907-C611C42D17B9 (resized).jpeg6F2DDA04-C4C5-4A39-A907-C611C42D17B9 (resized).jpegAEC4716E-E0A5-420F-9BEE-52C91E7EF525 (resized).jpegAEC4716E-E0A5-420F-9BEE-52C91E7EF525 (resized).jpegC6DB8255-FD50-4636-95FE-8075AB8C5B9E (resized).jpegC6DB8255-FD50-4636-95FE-8075AB8C5B9E (resized).jpegD2AB7A7C-4E5C-424E-94CB-C8D2DD6081A2 (resized).jpegD2AB7A7C-4E5C-424E-94CB-C8D2DD6081A2 (resized).jpegE1E87936-A8E9-41B1-A48C-756DC0ED3303 (resized).jpegE1E87936-A8E9-41B1-A48C-756DC0ED3303 (resized).jpegEDA69758-DE49-42D9-BE1A-157952AE3481 (resized).jpegEDA69758-DE49-42D9-BE1A-157952AE3481 (resized).jpegF745F5BD-85FD-4473-A1B2-07EB1638DCCE (resized).jpegF745F5BD-85FD-4473-A1B2-07EB1638DCCE (resized).jpeg
#27 3 years ago

Here's the backglass and pre-primed serial numbers.

D1794771-8129-4BB1-8094-70F22D53DCA2 (resized).jpegD1794771-8129-4BB1-8094-70F22D53DCA2 (resized).jpeg

backbox serial number (resized).jpgbackbox serial number (resized).jpgcab serial number (resized).jpgcab serial number (resized).jpg
#28 3 years ago

Awesome. Now you should raise it back up to 6k

Quoted from jaysunten:

I guess I don't know how to read pinside worth a crap. I didn't know there was a thread.
This is an original machine that came from Arkansas. I have the card with the serial number and the head and body numbers matched before I primed the crap out of it.
The playfield was worn the F down. I sanded it with a disk sander and polyurethaned it. The playfield decal is the one off eBay. The lexan is the one off eBay. There's no major cupping in the lenses, and the lexan covers it.
There wasn't a CPR gold available at the time I was re-assembling it.
The 1/4" defect in the backglass is at the top between the Bally and F on fathom.
Of course it plays right.
I repinned a couple connectors in the backbox as needed, and soldered the crimp.
This machine wasn't fit to sell as original, or I would've done that.
I got it all put back together and all the boards work. I installed an NVRAM on the original -35. The MPU seems to have an occasional glitch where the playfield lights et confused. I'm all out of time to mess with it. All other original backbox boards work. Not sure about the bottom of the cabinet power supply. I will not include the original boards at this price.
I'll attach some pics. I photoshopped out my dirty garage in the ad. But didn't today since that caused distrust. I'm not a photographer, so these aren't the greatest. I'll post a video of gameplay later when I have someone to video it for me.
I'm asking $4500 on Facebook and $5000 on eBay. That's more than fair. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#29 3 years ago

I would, but no one's been beating my door down and I need HVAC for my house quickly. If I end up paying for it without selling the Fathom, the desperation will vanish, and this will become a permanent fixture in Ebay at a much higher price.

#30 3 years ago

Much improved on the pictures.

#31 3 years ago

Thank you for responding.
Now I really wished you lived closer to Boston.
This will be gone by the weekend.
damnit!
r/
Mike

#32 3 years ago

If I had the space I would buy this...looks amazing.

GLWS

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

If I had the space I would buy this...looks amazing.
GLWS

Anyone know any shippers that won't ship with the legs on from oklahoma to boston? this has to be broken down and wrapped properly and the main shippers ain't it.
We need a Fast Eddie 2.0
STI or NAVL are out. Who's the texas guy that makes those long runs??

If I was still in the Navy i'd be working out a NALO run combined with concurrence!!!
damnit!
r/
Mike

#34 3 years ago

I always call STI in Dallas, and they come pick them up whole here in Tecumseh, OK.

#35 3 years ago

What’s wrong with Beltman NAVL they will take a pallet machine wrapped etc.

I know they will take it with legs on but I would prefer a well wrapped or built pallet.

#36 3 years ago

PM Sent

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

What’s wrong with Beltman NAVL they will take a pallet machine wrapped etc.
I know they will take it with legs on but I would prefer a well wrapped or built pallet.

I've shipped lots of games over the years and palletized games usually don't fare as well. Why? Because forklifts get near them. With legs on, humans transport the game in/out of the truck...not forklifts. Also, doing a good job palletizing a pin takes much more effort/skill.

Not trying to convince you of anything...just sharing my experience shipping over the years. Just shipped BM66 with legs on and arrived in 2 days to the new owner in perfect condition.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I've shipped lots of games over the years and palletized games usually don't fare as well. Why? Because forklifts get near them. With legs on, humans transport the game in/out of the truck...not forklifts. Also, doing a good job palletizing a pin takes much more effort/skill.
Not trying to convince you of anything...just sharing my experience shipping over the years. Just shipped BM66 with legs on and arrived in 2 days to the new owner in perfect condition.

I 2nd this. With the legs on, the cab is 24" off the floor. If bad action happens, you more than likely get by with just bent leg. I bought a pin from New York. It shipped with legs on. And the two drivers manually moved it to the lift gate, carried into the house, and cinched the back box down. And then we worked on the receiving paper work.

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I 2nd this. With the legs on, the cab is 24" off the floor. If bad action happens, you more than likely get by with just bent leg. I bought a pin from New York. It shipped with legs on. And the two drivers manually moved it to the lift gate, carried into the house, and cinched the back box down. And then we worked on the receiving paper work.

Another really important point I neglected to mention...

Since palletizing is considerable work, it would need to be done before the shippers arrive to pick it up. This means they can't inspect the game for dings/damage, which means they won't take responsibility. If you've ever shipped a car, the driver notes any dings/dents so he (the driver) isn't responsible for them. Same should be true for shipping a game...that's why the shipper needs to inspect and pack. If the game has no dings/dents, it needs to be noted so you are covered.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Since palletizing is considerable work, it would need to be done before the shippers arrive to pick it up. This means they can't inspect the game for dings/damage, which means they won't take responsibility.

I had not thought about that part.

One pin I bought came in from a Canadian pin retailer in a 2nd hand Stern pin box. I paid for front porch service but when the package hit town the local shipper who was in the delivery chain refused to deliver unless I coughed up another $40.00 or go to yard and pick it up myself. I did the self pick up but you just made me realize how lucky I was on this shipping deal. I got lucky, IMO.

#41 3 years ago

Mike. You need to get this game!

#42 3 years ago

Cool! Tecumseh, MI !
I live in Tecumseh, OK.

#43 3 years ago

Sadly, shipping cost and distance is gonna keep me from getting this game.
I can't even believe it's not sold yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 90.00
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

£ 195.00
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fathom-restored and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.