• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

I_like_santa (resized).jpg
CF (resized).jpg
IMG_0379 (resized).JPG
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 7 years ago

This ad has been removed from the market place.

#2 7 years ago

$10,000 and no pictures

#4 7 years ago

The 10k means that you will trade the Fathom and $10k for an in-hand TBL, right?

#6 7 years ago

I love pinsiders , I've had a guy everyday that sees my Fathom, and wants it , I've got 6k in it and at least 100.hrs . It can sit and I don't care.I live in CA
People pay 2.2 million for a bungalow in menlo park
And the codes are finished!

#7 7 years ago

I hope this sells for 10k. Maybe then PPS will see the light and start remaking the early SS classics.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

At least they post pictures of the 2.2 million dollar bungalow.

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Well this game has been out for 37 years... I would hope the code is finished .

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I've had a guy everyday that sees my Fathom, and wants it

While you're relaxing after having him tomorrow, maybe sell it to him?

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I love pinsiders , I've had a guy everyday that sees my Fathom, and wants it , I've got 6k in it and at least 100.hrs . It can sit and I don't care.I live in CA

You can live in a bungalow? Is this a housegument? It will sit for at least 20 years at 10k but 2040 looks good for you!

#12 7 years ago

Um yeah, but I've recently seen exactly what you are selling for quite a bit cheaper. ($6500) Just saying. If you're not willing to budge on price, why even post this? You have had 70 unsold ads on Pinside... seems like a waste of time to list it to me.

#13 7 years ago

Dang, I totally let mine go for far too little!!

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Um yeah, but I've recently seen exactly what you are selling for quite a bit cheaper. ($6500) Just saying. If you're not willing to budge on price, why even post this? You have had 70 unsold ads on Pinside... seems like a waste of time to list it to me.

I don't know such things, but with that number of unsold ads, the supposed price gouging, and not even being courteous enough to include pics, shouldn't this be flagged to the mods? Just seems like someone better in the know would probably consider this trend to be "toxic"?

#15 7 years ago

Nobody likes a snitch Jeremy.

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

While you're relaxing after having him tomorrow, maybe sell it to him?

...or if he's good enough, just give it to him for services rendered.

#17 7 years ago

I'm still looking for a Big Lawbowski...

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Nobody likes a snitch Jeremy.

So, if you know nobody likes a snitch and you know that everyone knows they don't like what would be snitched on and you know everyone knows that you know these things and you snitch... then what? Lol

#19 7 years ago

I am still interested for information regarding the Genie and PAGG.
I had a couple of specific questions which I sent directly some time ago.
It is not about code, but it is about photos and components.
I would like to evaluate regarding my normal "cash and carry" sales.

#20 7 years ago

Anybody here is gonna need a reproduction wife after buying this

[image removed]

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

and apparently she's not much of a pinball player, either!

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I love it when people post an outrageous price for a game, allow for discussions, and then complain when people call him out. Seeing a trend of this lately. Basic troll 101 behaviour.

#23 7 years ago

I just want to see photos.

#24 7 years ago

If you realy want a gorgeous and cheap Fathom ( with pictures ! ) , then I' m your man

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/45208/

#25 7 years ago

Whitey....Who would buy an $10,000 Fathom from Whitey....Ponder that....

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Comment of the year (without the pic)? Hilarious

#27 7 years ago

If this was the kind of money I had, I would consider it.

IMG_0379 (resized).JPGIMG_0379 (resized).JPG

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Hey, congrats at patting yourself on the back. Maybe with the $6K you could have bought a camera too!

#29 7 years ago

Genuine question, but why do people who sink tons of money into a pin believe they should not only make what they spent back, but also a good profit on top?

Example, I buy a pin for 2k because it's worth 2k, if I sink 4k of parts, time etc rebuilding it does that magically make it worth 6k?

I've put time into games and generally I make a loss because I know I'll never recover the time and parts spent on it, usually I can recover some of the parts costs but that's it. A games only worth so much and if you go massively over what it's worth in time and parts, that's your decision to do that. Why should you expect someone else to foot the bill? (Unless they've paid for a high end resto, but that's a different story.)

#30 7 years ago
Quoted from Archytas:

Genuine question, but why do people who sink tons of money into a pin believe they should not only make what they spent back, but also a good profit on top?
Example, I buy a pin for 2k because it's worth 2k, if I sink 4k of parts, time etc rebuilding it does that magically make it worth 6k?
I've put time into games and generally I make a loss because I know I'll never recover the time and parts spent on it, usually I can recover some of the parts costs but that's it. A games only worth so much and if you go massively over what it's worth in time and parts, that's your decision to do that. Why should you expect someone else to foot the bill? (Unless they've paid for a high end resto, but that's a different story.)

I am guessing this is a restoration, given the limit info combined with the price.

Price is all about condition. There is a whole market of collectors that have silly money (compared to most of us) and are more then happy yo pay top dollar for nice examples of collectible games.

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am guessing this is a restoration, given the limit info combined with the price.
Price is all about condition. There is a whole market of collectors that have silly money (compared to most of us) and are more then happy yo pay top dollar for nice examples of collectible games.

I agree. I remember around 10 years ago when a guy had a Fathom restored to a ridiculous level. CPR playfield, original perfect backglass, repro cabinet, perfect metal finish etc. It was probably the nicest one in existence. The guy listed it for 6k one day, and the exact type of thread as this one proceeded to take place. I think it eventually sold for close to that price, but I might be wrong.

#32 7 years ago

10k by Easter

#33 7 years ago

CF (resized).jpgCF (resized).jpg

#34 7 years ago

Just checking to see if any pics posted...

#35 7 years ago

Post of the year. This made me lol.

#37 7 years ago

wish I was further

#38 7 years ago

I like Fathom.

I_like_santa (resized).jpgI_like_santa (resized).jpg

Just sayin'.

#39 7 years ago

They definitely get to 6k+ restored to perfect or better now and could hit 10k with Chris Hutchins stamp on it but Im sure pictures are step 1 to getting there. I'd just love to see his beautiful example.

Quoted from gearheaddropping:

I agree. I remember around 10 years ago when a guy had a Fathom restored to a ridiculous level. CPR playfield, original perfect backglass, repro cabinet, perfect metal finish etc. It was probably the nicest one in existence. The guy listed it for 6k one day, and the exact type of thread as this one proceeded to take place. I think it eventually sold for close to that price, but I might be wrong.

#40 7 years ago

The recent price development in pinball reminds me of the good old days of the housing bubble right here in Miami.
Buy now, or be priced out forever.

#41 7 years ago

can i wire the 10k from Nigeria?

#42 7 years ago

Pics or it didn`t happen!

#43 7 years ago

I clicked on this thread because I LOVE Fathom, and wanted to see what his 10k Fathom looked like.

I have a beater. I ordered a CPR Gold playfield, but mine plays so great, I may not even do the swap. Mine looks like it was dragged behind an F-150... don't care!

I have no intention of bashing his asking, or discussing condition... don't care. amazing game. GLWS

#44 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoski:

The recent price development in pinball reminds me of the good old days of the housing bubble right here in Miami.
Buy now, or be priced out forever.

What goes up, must come down.

#45 7 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing some pictures of a $10,000 Fathom.

Why not post some?

#46 7 years ago

10k by christmas they said. and there it is already

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from Jjsmooth:

I'm still looking for a Big Lawbowski...

Heh. I see what you did there. That's a rare pin. I've never even heard of someone owning a Big Lawbowski. It's rarer than Pinball Circus!

#48 7 years ago

It's not over priced if it sells,I want pictures ?
That's first serious individualside.
Go bust bust some one else's balls

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

It's not over priced if it sells,I want pictures ?
That's first serious individualside.
Go bust bust some one else's balls

Omg drunk seller? Is there an achievement for this?

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Omg drunk seller?

Explains why he thinks he can get $10K for a Fathom with no pictures.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Boston, MA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Zemst
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

£ 195.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fathom-5?hl=rjbowes3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.