IMG_8264 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8261 (resized).jpg
IMG_8257 (resized).jpg
IMG_8258 (resized).jpg
fathom_rebuilt_02 (resized).jpg
fathom_rebuilt_03 (resized).jpg
fathom_rebuilt_01 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 6 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Fathom

Added: 2018-03-28 05:26:20 UTC • Ended: April 13th, 2018
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Price

$ 7,000 (OBO)

Open for offers

Here I present a gorgeous example of the game with a gold CPR playfield which was just professionally installed alongside a complete restoration of the cabinet. I wanted to make this game shine, and shine it does... so much that I am afraid to play it since it looks so good. Thus why I am selling it. It should be in a good collectors home. Keep in mind I am flexible on the price if you have an offer...

The backglass is near perfect. Looks great!
Cabinet is sanded and re-painted
legs have been replaced with new hardware
CPR Gold playfield installed in December 2017
Has been at my home since pf swap with low plays

Item photos

fathom_rebuilt_01 (resized).jpg
fathom_rebuilt_03 (resized).jpg
fathom_rebuilt_02 (resized).jpg
IMG_8258 (resized).jpg
IMG_8257 (resized).jpg
IMG_8261 (resized).jpg
IMG_8262 (resized).jpg
IMG_8264 (resized).jpg
IMG_8265 (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are NightMutilator's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to NightMutilator's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Denver, CO, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

£ 195.00
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

#3 6 years ago

This looks awesome.

#4 6 years ago

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gorgeous game! GLWS

looks like you found your Fathom Tiger!!! Better jump on this one quickly!

#7 6 years ago

Seller is a good guy and has a long time, excellent reputation in the Denver area.

#8 6 years ago

Looks great is this my old one with a new playfield and cabinet? Do you still have the orginal playfield? Looks awesome! Bump for a good guy.

#9 6 years ago

Damn, would love to own one.....glws

#10 6 years ago

One of the most beautiful machines ever made, and what a magnificent example. GLWS, too far away for me sadly!

#11 6 years ago

Ryan a solid guy & that Fathom looks sweet buy with confidence

#12 6 years ago

Beautiful pin and a great game, GLWS! I am glad I have an extremely nice sample of this game already or we'd be talking...

#13 6 years ago

NightMutilator I suggest posting some more and better pictures of the game if you want to sell it sooner rather than later.

Any possible buyer is going to want to see lots more and in good lighting. Underside of pf, boards, backside of glass, more of the cabinet repaint, etc...

The price is fair to good if the swap ad refurb was done well, but the photos will sell it quicker.

#14 6 years ago

Holy death dive! You mean to tell me that if I work hard enough my Fathom can look like that?! Just outstanding

#15 6 years ago

Another sales tool is a video. Here is a GoPro video I shot after dialing mine in after restoration...

snaroff

#16 6 years ago

Very impressive. One day ...

#17 6 years ago

Wish I didn't have common sense or I'd be all over this one.
Glwts.

#18 6 years ago

I don't get it. Sorry to crap on the post. Can someone explain how this is worth 7500?

#19 6 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

I don't get it. Sorry to crap on the post. Can someone explain how this is worth 7500?

Desire is a powerful thing...

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Desire is a powerful thing...

Who desires to throw money out the window?

#21 6 years ago

Popularity and scarcity has driven the price up.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

$7500 is the asking price. Doesn't mean it will sell for that but it's not an overly uncommon price for a restored fathom. Also having a nice original BG is a big plus on these. Although not as important as it used to be with the recent PPS release. It's pretty simple, it's a hard to find, low production game, that is highly desired, and it's fully restored.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Popularity and scarcity has driven the price up.

Ignorance and stupidity has too.

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Ignorance and stupidity has too.

If someone wants it and can afford it why do you care. I'm sure you've never spent any money on something stupid before.

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

$7500 is the asking price. Doesn't mean it will sell for that but it's not an overly uncommon price for a restored fathom. Also having a nice original BG is a big plus on these. Although not as important as it used to be with the recent PPS release. It's pretty simple, it's a hard to find, low production game, that is highly desired, and it's fully restored.

My issue is the parts to make a trashed fathom nice are still around if you know where to look, this fathom is NOT mint. It's pretty damn nice, but when you put it next to a NIB Jersey Jack or LE Stern game I don't get it. Now if HEP did this restore I could see the asking price. But this is NOT a HEP restore, or near his quality by any means.

GLWYS

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

If someone wants it and can afford it why do you care. I'm sure you've never spent any money on something stupid before.

Well actually, I bought a 5th Gen Camaro and blew the engine in it for the same money as this Fathom- does that count?

#27 6 years ago

Lol. This whole forum and hobby is about stupid, over priced luxury items. You new?

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

My issue is the parts to make a trashed fathom nice are still around if you know where to look, this fathom is NOT mint. It's pretty damn nice, but when you put it next to a NIB Jersey Jack or LE Stern game I don't get it. Now if HEP did this restore I could see the asking price. But this is NOT a HEP restore, or near his quality by any means.
GLWYS

Base game will be 3500-4000, playfield is another 1k. Add in another 500-1500 for parts, etc. Add in labor and you get there pretty quick. I'm not saying this game is or is not worth $7500 but its certainly a lot harder to obtain then any stern or JJP game. If it was HEP restore it would cost a lot more then $7500.

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Lol. This whole forum and hobby is about stupid, over priced luxury items. You new?

500+ pins through my door frames, I'd say I'm anything but new.

#30 6 years ago

Well actually, I bought a 5th Gen Camaro and blew the engine in it for the same money as this Fathom- does that count?

Sure does, but I bet you had a hell of a good time.

#31 6 years ago

Hate to be the price pumping police but, dear god, look at how many of you people commenting own a fathom. Pump the brakes and speak to the game being good but don't exaggerate the price as being good.

#32 6 years ago

If I'm paying over 5k for an 80s bally, I would like to assume the cabinet would be free of planking, the switches adjusted properly, all the lights working, and the spinner wouldn't look like it came off a world warI battlefield. But thats just me.

I get the desire vs value vs demand in this hobby, I've bought and sold hundreds of machines, but I take pride in giving someone VALUE when it's time to for it to leave. Where exactly is the value in this? To me, it's like here is a hard to find machine, now BEND OVER if you really want it..

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

If I'm paying over 5k for an 80s bally, I would like to assume the cabinet would be free of planking, the switches adjusted properly, all the lights working, and the spinner wouldn't look like it came off a world warI battlefield. But thats just me.
I get the desire vs value vs demand in this hobby, I've bought and sold hundreds of machines, but I take pride in giving someone VALUE when it's time to for it to leave. Where exactly is the value in this? To me, it's like here is a hard to find machine, now BEND OVER if you really want it..

This doesn't read like someone sorry to crap on a post. Probably could have just lead with this.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from roar:

This doesn't read like someone sorry to crap on a post. Probably could have just lead with this.

Agreed, will do next time.

#35 6 years ago

What a nice example for the next remake after the next remake!

#36 6 years ago

Must be a huge room behind that door.

500+ pins through my door frames, I'd say I'm anything but new.

#37 6 years ago

You forgot the beat up apron and the missing original instruction cards and missing coin door decal.

This is a $5500 game to me, give or take. Maybe higher if i was actually hunting for one of these but i'm not since i already have one.

Quoted from eabundy:

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Capinball:

Hate to be the price pumping police but, dear god, look at how many of you people commenting own a fathom. Pump the brakes and speak to the game being good but don't exaggerate the price as being good.

If this is directed at me I never commented on the price being good other then saying it's not that unusual. The condition and quality of the restore will decide what it's worth as people will be picky with one listed at the upper end of the range. Restored Fathoms bringing $7500 is not all that rare at all. People will have to decide for themselves what this one is worth. I saw a really nice one last year at TPF that was a 1 year old super nice restore that went for the low 5's. I've seen others just finished up go for $6500-8000 pretty much in the blink of an eye. Some crazy high end ones have brought over 10K in the last year or so. It's a desirable game but like always the market will determine what it's actually worth.

#39 6 years ago

I for one, can't fathom this price.

#40 6 years ago

If I knew you were gonna sell this I may not have sold you that playfield. GLWS bump.

#41 6 years ago

To me, Fathom is just Flash on juice.

I love the standups, but the pin itself doesn't do much for me.

GLWTS op

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I for one, can't fathom this price.

Whoa, thats deep.

#43 6 years ago

Man, the seller listed it "OBO". Even if the listing price is on the high side (which is hard to determine with the photos above), nice Fathom's don't come up very often. A-list 80's pin restorations are in high demand. I could sell by Centaur and Fathom for 7k-ish with no problem (I've been solicited many times over the past couple years). The trick with 80's pins restorations is dialing them in. For Fathom, it took me a year to get it to play exactly how I wanted. The implicit drop targets were state-of-the-art for this time period (i.e. drops that can be programmed to drop without striking them). Fairly complex under the hood...

For those of you that have never restored a pin, it's EXPENSIVE...let's say a base game cost 3k. Add 2-3k in parts and 2k labor. 7-8k. Unlikely anyone is getting rich at this price!

snaroff

#44 6 years ago

I would say a base fathom core is 4k right nowand that is if you can even find one...

It is easy to then crunch numbers on a restoration and parts start adding up. I see 6k in base and main parts. No comment on the quality of the refurbish as I would need more picks or to see it in person.

#45 6 years ago

Sorry, but a poor restoration. Look at the side of the cabinet. What are those long gouges. Paint color way off. Whoever did that cab should be shot. Wasted.

#46 6 years ago

I don’t want to bash on this, but this not restored. Dents in coin door, maybe rails
Already went over the cab, it’s worse after painting. Warning. ...what you don’t see is worse. Under playfield, inside cab,...etc.

#47 6 years ago

A truly restored Fathom will go for this price. This one ain’t even close.

#48 6 years ago

It’s a pig with lipstick. Look at the coin door bezel closely. Rusty deformed coin return button. This game is not restored. I’m sure inside the cab and backbox is worse.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from jj44114:

Warning. ...what you don’t see is worse. Under playfield, inside cab,...etc

How do you know? Have you seen pics?

#50 6 years ago

Now that i look, the apron is crap too. I can’t believe anyone is praising this. All you got here is the playfield, and based on the poor quality of everything else, it’s not worth $4k

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

£ 195.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
20eyes

There are 112 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fathom-10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.