20170817_142250 (resized).jpg
20170817_142242 (resized).jpg
20170817_142232 (resized).jpg
20170817_142217 (resized).jpg
20170817_142143 (resized).jpg
20170817_142123 (resized).jpg
20170817_142757 (resized).jpg
20170817_142440 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MinusWorlds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#5 6 years ago

Is there anyone in the area who can help me buy this? I talked to Pete last weekend and he doesn't want to take a check. He prefers cash in hand. Which I get. But I really would like to get this and have the funds in hand. Can someone please help? I can compensate for your time.

#9 6 years ago

I understand this will rub people the wrong way and come off as sour grapes but I think people should know what happened here. I called Pete last Saturday. From our initial call I told him where I was located and shipping would be necessary. He proceeded to send me pics of the game and we talked several times throughout the day. Literally taking up an afternoon. During the last call I asked if he "could do any better" he said "absolutely not", didn't think twice of it. I told him I'd get a quote from Michelle for shipping.

Monday Michelle gets back to me. I text Pete and told him the quote and I was still considering it despite the high shipping charge. I asked how I can make payment. He says "That's a good question, because I have never sold and shipped before. I only take cash and carry" WTF!? I told him in the very first call where I was. I told him I was getting the shipping quote. So I offered a check or escrow. He responds with "Do you know people in the pinball community that will vouch for you??" Okay...

I send him my Pinside references etc. I told him I knew several Pinsiders in real life etc. I send a follow-up text that I ordered the last FG PF from Marco. Radio silence. I give him a couple days and call him Friday. Left a message again offering escrow or a middle man potentially. He finally responds late last night asking if I can find a middle man. I said I believe I can.

This morning I find he posted this thread. Okay...I text him to find out what's going on and he says someone is on the way to look at it and I shouldn't have asked for a discount!

So then I find out he lied and that he shipped a game to another Pinsider and took PayPal. Apparently me asking for a discount rubbed him the wrong way and he decided to waste my time as retaliation? I sell pins all the time and people always ask if I can do better. It's part of the process.

I call him out on that BS and he tells me the game sold and "Good luck next time maybe you'll just say YES "

The game sold to someone else, fine. But no need to waste my time whatsoever. Just a fair warning to anyone in the area.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MinusWorlds.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-family-guy-10?tu=MinusWorlds and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.