IMG_1159 (resized).JPG
IMG_1160 (resized).JPG
IMG_1158 (resized).JPG
IMG_1156 (resized).JPG
IMG_1155 (resized).JPG
IMG_0960 (resized).JPG
IMG_0973 (resized).JPG
IMG_0959 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Excellent Condition Bally On Beam in Tulsa, OK

Added: 2017-03-20 00:46:29 UTC • Ended: March 27th, 2017
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 1,900

I guess I could call this HUO since I have the original receipts that show it was sold to an individual...but I'll let the condition speak for itself. The cabinet is in very good shape and the original colors are vibrant. I don't see any wear spots or fade on the playfield - just a touch of wear around a couple of inserts and some minor cupping. The plastics are in super shape other than chips at the bottom of the slingshot plastics. The backglass looks almost perfect with very bright colors. I've gone through the machine and gently polished the rivets on the steppers, replaced a couple of coils, replaced 4 armatures on the reset motor, cleaned the plastics, *gently* cleaned the playfield with Naptha (no Magic Eraser), re-rubbered with Titan clears and installed Comet LEDs. I used sunlight behind the backglass and ice blue in the GI. Under the inserts, I color matched to the "Beam" - pink, yellow, orange and ice blue. It looks spectacular and really helps identify the active beam. All the mechanisms/coils work 100%.

This is an incredibly fun (and difficult game). The main objective is to "dock" a spaceship to a space station by getting them on the same color beam and then advancing the ship towards the station by hitting certain shots. However, some shots will move the ship to a different beam while other shots move the station to a different beam. If you successfully dock the ship, the special in the middle of the playfield is lit for an extra ball - this can be repeated multiple times (represented by the stars at the bottom of the backglass). If you earn a star and drain the ball, the outhole coil PIVOTS and returns the ball back into play through the flippers - it's a really cool effect.

I do plan on bringing this game to TPF, so delivery to Dallas this weekend is no problem - just let me know soon so I can replace it with another game for the show. I will also prep for NAVL if Tulsa or Dallas doesn't work for pickup.

I would trade this towards any games on my wanted list too.

Item photos

IMG_0959 (resized).JPG
IMG_0973 (resized).JPG
IMG_0960 (resized).JPG
IMG_1155 (resized).JPG
IMG_1156 (resized).JPG
IMG_1158 (resized).JPG
IMG_1160 (resized).JPG
IMG_1159 (resized).JPG
IMG_1161 (resized).JPG
IMG_1151 (resized).JPG
IMG_1152 (resized).JPG
IMG_1153 (resized).JPG
IMG_1154 (resized).JPG
IMG_1163 (resized).JPG
IMG_1162 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Damonator's market stats.

gold Seller Level

Damonator has the Pinside Gold seller level!

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Damonator's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Tulsa, OK, US

#2 7 years ago

Very nice condition for sure but your receipt actually indicates a used machine being sold after it was on route (or whatever). Two reasons I say this is first off a new machine would have cost a lot more than $100 in 1972 and secondly machine was made in 1968 and sold 4 years later. It was very common for operators to sell off machines they pulled off route after they had had them on location for 2 or 3 years.

I am not trying to be negative towards your machine - I just happen to look at it and when you posted copy of the receipt and stated could be called HUO it got me thinking. If my memory is correct a new single player machine would have cost somewhere around $700 in the early 1970's.

Anyway - free bump & good luck with your sale!

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

Very nice condition for sure but your receipt actually indicates a used machine being sold after it was on route (or whatever). Two reasons I say this is first off a new machine would have cost a lot more than $100 in 1972 and secondly machine was made in 1968 and sold 4 years later. It was very common for operators to sell off machines they pulled off route after they had had them on location for 2 or 3 years.
I am not trying to be negative towards your machine - I just happen to look at it and when you posted copy of the receipt and stated could be called HUO it got me thinking. If my memory is correct a new single player machine would have cost somewhere around $700 in the early 1970's.
Anyway - free bump & good luck with your sale!

I don't take it as negative - I appreciate the info! I thought $100 was cheap but I had no idea what the prices were back then. I'm sure you are right and it was routed for a year or two then sold to an individual. It's just in super shape for a 48 year old game.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I don't take it as negative - I appreciate the info! I thought $100 was cheap but I had no idea what the prices were back then. I'm sure you are right and it was routed for a year or two then sold to an individual. It's just in super shape for a 48 year old game.

It is a beautiful machine and I wish you luck with you sale but I would expect to have it up for sale for a long time unless you get super lucky. Sadly most of the guys buying EM machines are looking to grab them for under $500 unless the EM is one of the super rare titles. It is really a shame there isn't more demand for those great old machines but these days everyone seems to want solid state machines with LED's in them.

Good Luck!
Skip

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

It is a beautiful machine and I wish you luck with you sale but I would expect to have it up for sale for a long time unless you get super lucky. Sadly most of the guys buying EM machines are looking to grab them for under $500 unless the EM is one of the super rare titles. It is really a shame there isn't more demand for those great old machines but these days everyone seems to want solid state machines with LED's in them.
Good Luck!
Skip

There are certainly a lot of factors for EM buyers - but this is actually a pretty rare title with just over 1000 made. After rarity, I would say factors are theme, gameplay and condition - and this game ranks well with all 3 of those factors too. I certainly don't mind keeping it if there isn't any interest.

#7 7 years ago

Bump for a game I've never even heard of.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There are certainly a lot of factors for EM buyers - but this is actually a pretty rare title with just over 1000 made. After rarity, I would say factors are theme, gameplay and condition - and this game ranks well with all 3 of those factors too. I certainly don't mind keeping it if there isn't any interest.

Another thing that works in your favor is the fact that it is a single player machine and a lot of the "hard core" EM collectors love single player machines. If I were collecting EM's my goal would be to buy machines like yours and not restored machines because in my eyes there is nothing better than an exceptionally nice original.

I do think you machine will sell and I don't think the price is out of line because of the condition - I just know from past experience with EM's once you get over a few hundred dollars the number of potential buyers is greatly reduced.

Again good luck selling a very nice machine!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-excellent-condition-bally-on-beam-in-tulsa-ok and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.