Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by nascarrey
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210226_114509 (resized).jpg
    20210226_114505 (resized).jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-25 at 14.07.21 (resized).jpeg
    20210226_114502 (resized).jpg
    20210226_114524 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

#1 8 months ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad is in 'expired' status. Only you can see it.
    Please end your ad to remove it from our marketplace.

for sale

For sale: Evel Knievel EM
    Featured Ad

Added: February 25th, 2021
    Condition: Partially restored (almost original)

Price

€ 8,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

Item description

Hi Pinball lovers.

Very desirable, rare game up for sale.

A year ago I was cleaning my fathers office (Amsterdam - The Netherlands). Here it is where I found a beautiful pinball machine (Evel Knievel EM). I don't have any knowledge about pinball machines. But I was very happy to come across this beautiful piece. When I plugged in the power, the lights and the sounds came on. The machine worked!!!

The machine was only missing it's glass plate.

I brought the machine by a professional pinball restorator. He was pleased to see such a cool EM piece. He cleaned and restored the machine. I Asked to replace the metal back plate for a glass one, so you can see the moving parts. (I also still have the metal plate).

I am wondering what the machine is worth, and if I can find any buyers.
    The price I placed on 8500 Euro's because the site suggested this price, but I am completely open for offers.

With kind regards,

Zev Klinger

Item photos

20210226_114502 (resized).jpg
    20210226_114505 (resized).jpg
    20210226_114509 (resized).jpg
    20210226_114524 (resized).jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-02-25 at 14.07.21 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Amsterdam, NL

Seller insights

These are Zevage's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Zevage's stats page

#2 8 months ago

Thats a rare bird!

#3 8 months ago

Always seems like a giant pain in the ass to ship overseas. I wish there was a shipping company that made this process simple to the point where you pay by cc and it shows up at your door with zero paperwork.

#4 7 months ago

User rvdv helped me import a game and made it very simple once I got the game from Italy to, of all places, Amsterdam where the air freight company he uses is located. Not sure if he's still open to providing this service but if you're interested give him a shout.

#5 7 months ago

I’ve never had any problems shipping individual games from Europe.

#6 7 months ago

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help and tips.
    Shipping won't be a problem. A friend of mine has a company in shawarma machines. He ships his machines all over the world.
    He will help me in case my pinball machine need to get shipped.

I am wondering how/where I can sell my pinball machine.
    On a forum that I have started on this site, I got a lot of useful information.
    I know now that this is a rare and sought after pinball machine.

But now I am mostly wondering where/how I can find buyers.
    Could you guys help me?

With kind regards,

Zev

#7 7 months ago
    Quoted from Zevage:

Hi everyone,
    Thanks for the help and tips.
    Shipping won't be a problem. A friend of mine has a company in shawarma machines. He ships his machines all over the world.
    He will help me in case my pinball machine need to get shipped.
    I am wondering how/where I can sell my pinball machine.
    On a forum that I have started on this site, I got a lot of useful information.
    I know now that this is a rare and sought after pinball machine.
    But now I am mostly wondering where/how I can find buyers.
    Could you guys help me?
    With kind regards,
    Zev

I think you’re in the right spot.
    I would give it a couple of weeks and see what type of offers you receive.

#8 7 months ago

A suggestion : be patient and mindful of your less than a year status when selling something like this here. There is a lot of trust that goes into selling a machine of this nature site unseen. If I was looking to buy this one from you, I would hire a local dealer to do an appraisal on the game. Not that I doubt the price or what your advertising, just to verify any and all of the game's conditional aspects.

#9 7 months ago
    Quoted from whthrs166:

A suggestion : be patient and mindful of your less than a year status when selling something like this here. There is a lot of trust that goes into selling a machine of this nature site unseen. If I was looking to buy this one from you, I would hire a local dealer to do an appraisal on the game. Not that I doubt the price or what your advertising, just to verify any and all of the game's conditional aspects.

Yes condition is key. But recent sales of that game aren’t that high in your condition. You are a new poster and so many scammers here lately so you will have to overcome that. Saying you know nothing about pinball and have a picture in a room of pinball machines and your buddy ships Pinball’s all the time doesn’t help. Have the restore shop help you move it or verify it like the above. Rare doesn’t mean quick seller. You have to find the right buyer. EM games have a much smaller market. It will take awhile. Selling to the USA at a really high price is difficult unless converted to our electric cycle and voltage. Hope it helps.

#10 7 months ago

Hi everyone,

Thank you guys for your help (again).
    I made an account to gain information and to sell this machine.
    I noticed the scammer problem on the forum.
    The Evel Knievel Pinball machine is now at the restorator (He send me the latest photo's).
    The friend of mine, has never shipped pinball machines. He sells shawarma machines. He offert me to help with the shipment because he ships a lot of big machines for his company. (For clarification).

I will be patient.

#11 7 months ago

Your market for this game at this price is limited. Am I the only one that considers this price unrealistic? Or am I the one that’s out of touch?

It’s a beautiful game - and a decent example - that takes me back to my personal golden age of pinball. EK came out when I literally put every quarter I could get my hands on into a pinball machine. But speaking for myself, I wouldn’t pay anywhere near this price for this game.

Perhaps someone will. Good luck!

#12 7 months ago

I would love to have an EK em version like this and have wanted one for quite a while but I'm more in like the 5k range if anyone wants to sell closer to that price.

2 weeks later
    #13 7 months ago

Zev-

Great looking EK!

With todays conversion rate, asking price is $10K USD + shipping+ fees.
    Too expensive for most collectors, but there is a market for a nice example like this.

Hope you find it a good home, good luck with sale!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside