Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 73 days ago by tatman9999
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 16 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0822 (resized).jpg
IMG_0816 (resized).jpg
100_1690 (resized).JPG
100_1686 (resized).JPG
100_1683 (resized).JPG
100_1680 (resized).JPG
100_1678 (resized).JPG
100_1675 (resized).JPG
100_1669 (resized).JPG
100_1668 (resized).JPG
100_1666 (resized).JPG
100_1665 (resized).JPG
100_1663 (resized).JPG
100_1662 (resized).JPG
100_1661 (resized).JPG
100_1659 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

#1 76 days ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 5,200 (OBO)

Open for offers

for sale

For sale: Embryon

Added: December 6th, 2019
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

Item description

This is one beautiful pinball machine. I found it at the North Carolina auction six or seven years ago. It almost has to be home use only. Everything looks brand new. Very interesting pinball. I found a bag of pot, a bag of cocaine, cocaine straws and a empty package of lunch meat inside of it when I brought it home. It's almost flawless. All I had to do was shop it out with new balls and rubbers. I added a computer backup battery, reflowed the power driver board and added updated ROMs with FreePlay and 7 digits score support. Still has original 6 digit displays.The Susan b Anthony mech is installed and the machine looks like new inside and out. If you have been looking at some of my other ads on painside and wondering why my prices seem so high here's a little explanation. I've been fixing arcade machines since 1988. Pinballs are my specialty. I see all the stuff that people buy because I have to go and fix it when it gets there. This game has had everything it needs done the flippers aren't blown out, the soldering is in good shape. I would like to think it is exactly as described and ready for many more years of fun and enjoyment. So this is from my personal collection. I feel it is superior example of the game and I want to top dollar. That being said these are asking prices and I don't get insulted if people offer me less money it's all about the deal.

pics at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/7349328@N05/albums [phone number removed] 7

No trades

Item photos

100_1659 (resized).JPG
100_1661 (resized).JPG
100_1662 (resized).JPG
100_1663 (resized).JPG
100_1665 (resized).JPG
100_1666 (resized).JPG
100_1668 (resized).JPG
100_1669 (resized).JPG
100_1675 (resized).JPG
100_1678 (resized).JPG
100_1680 (resized).JPG
100_1683 (resized).JPG
100_1686 (resized).JPG
100_1690 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an expired ad.

Item location

Jacksonville, FL, US

Seller insights

These are dangerwil's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to dangerwil's stats page

#2 76 days ago

Great story.. I won’t ask what happened to the contents of the bags found inside the machine! I wish I had the Spectrum and this machine. GLWS.

#3 76 days ago

Please post a picture of the area by the upper three bank drops. Always wear up there.

#4 76 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please post a picture of the area by the upper three bank drops. Always wear up there.

It's in the link pics, looks nice. Believe me, first thing i thought too

#5 76 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It's in the link pics, looks nice. Believe me, first thing i thought too

Right you are. I missed the one that showed it. Looks really nice.

#6 76 days ago

If this seller really knew pinball prices like they claim, they’d know this is NOT a $5,200 game. They’d know they are fishing for an absolute sucker who’d be dumb enough to buy this game at that ridiculous price.

For $5,200 I’d expect an immaculate, cleared playfield. Not one with wear in every lane and ball swirls all over it. I’d expect one with a cab with close to 0 issues. Not one with scuffs, dings, and chipped corners all over it. With the asking price I’d actually expect the cab to have been gone over and stenciled, the whole 9 yards. And would even an NVRAM be too much to ask? Or even something as small as new leg levelers?

Have the flippers been rebuilt? Or the pop bumpers?

Not trying to knock the game too hard, it’s a really nice game overall. But just not at that price. If the seller is going to ask the price he’s asking, they’d have to expect a buyer to be asking these questions and nitpicking every little detail.

#7 76 days ago
Quoted from Bugsy:

Not trying to knock the game too hard

You went a bit hard on the seller, and need to back off.

Yes, it’s probably overpriced ... but it (and he) didn’t deserve your rant.

#8 76 days ago
Quoted from pinster68:

You went a bit hard on the seller, and need to back off.
Yes, it’s probably overpriced ... but it (and he) didn’t deserve your rant.

FWIW, I saw the thread title and was like "Damn, is that really what those are going for?"

#9 76 days ago

This might actually be a real good price depending on how much the bag of cocaine weighs.

#10 76 days ago

"painside" love it!

#11 76 days ago

Without the 2lbs of coke id say 2800 to 3200

#12 76 days ago

I’d say closer to $3,900 max. But you never know. Best of luck to the seller. At least he wasn’t one of those arrogant twats getting combative right from the start about their price ... then I’d say he better get his flame suit on.

#13 76 days ago

Dream boating.

Be hard to get $3k im guessing. Know a guy who grabbed a keith Holbrook restore with touched and cleared playfield and redone cab and custom topper for right over $3k.

#14 76 days ago

Nice condition. First time I played one was at Pinfest. Fun game. But price wise we're in partially restored Fathom or Centaur territory. Granted PF's and BG's are unavailable and may stay that way, but unless this was a grail game and the buyer has a deep wallet, I can't see this selling at that price. $3K is max in my mind.

#15 76 days ago

did you put the “goodie bag” back inside the pin?

#16 76 days ago

Nicest original cabinet I’ve ever seen, GLWS. Fun game.

#17 74 days ago

In case anyone is wondering, this is the condition for most Embryons. Extremely time consuming/expensive to restore. I believe it's a 5k game minimum condition game. Collectors prefer original cabinet art as well.
IMG_0816 (resized).jpgIMG_0822 (resized).jpg

#18 74 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

In case anyone is wondering, this is the condition for most Embryons.

This has not been my experience.

#19 74 days ago

at this price point you could buy 4 and make one good and recoup on sale of the other three and get an additional game. at least thats what I am seeing.

#20 74 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

In case anyone is wondering, this is the condition for most Embryons. Extremely time consuming/expensive to restore. I believe it's a 5k game minimum condition game. Collectors prefer original cabinet art as well.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Did the op pay you for that post? Your assertion above is ridiculous..."most Embryons" don't look like your photos.

#21 74 days ago

damn, just sold one with a minty playfield and a thrashed backglass 2 yrs ago for $1300

#22 74 days ago
Quoted from pindel:

[quoted image][quoted image]

coming from a guy who has had one for sale for $4800 on Ebay for 2 years

#23 74 days ago

Yep, its been sitting there like a ton of bricks.

Quoted from woody76:

coming from a guy who has had one for sale for $4800 on Ebay for 2 years

#24 73 days ago

Embryon is a awesome game

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has expired.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside