(Topic ID: 302624)

For sale: Elvira's House of Horrors LE - NEW IN BOX!!!

By Darth-Grayder

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by robotron
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211206-201626_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211206-200741_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
download.jpeg-3.jpg
0KB6uP2.gif
dd0 (1) (resized).jpg
73E84F0B-52C2-4E6D-A1D5-095CCB94B92C (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 7.42.51 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 7.43.09 PM (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 2 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Elvira's House of Horrors LE - NEW IN BOX!!!

Featured Ad

Added: 2021-10-21 22:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (January 31st, 2022)
Condition: NIB - New in box (personal)

#2 2 years ago

So both boxes for this price?

#3 2 years ago

Every ad by this guy is a good summary of what has gone wrong in this hobby the past few years. Pinside and Ebay have become one and the same.

#4 2 years ago

What was the MSRP on this?

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from amxfc3s:

What is the MSRP on this?

I think it was $9k

You can get nib premiums for $9k - I think they are estimated to ship in April

#6 2 years ago

MSRP for the LE in October 2019 was $9599.

It’s fair/clear that an NIB today should command more now but you really need to want an LE and be in the “money’s no object” mindset to pay what’s probably double the current value of a used LE.

That said, with only 400 LEs and a fantastic cabinet art package, an Elvira LE is a great version to have.

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

MSRP for the LE in October 2019 was $9599.
It’s fair/clear that an NIB today should command more now but you really need to want an LE and be in the “money’s no object” mindset to pay what’s probably double the current value of a used LE.
That said, with only 400 LEs and a fantastic cabinet art package, an Elvira LE is a great version to have.

Yeah, I’d love to have an LE… but at that price I’ll get a premium and another nib stern LE!

#8 2 years ago

I participated in the Pinball Museum auction about a month or so ago, and I saw one of the EHOH Signature editions go for this price. Very high asking price for an LE, but to each their own.

#10 2 years ago
73E84F0B-52C2-4E6D-A1D5-095CCB94B92C (resized).jpeg73E84F0B-52C2-4E6D-A1D5-095CCB94B92C (resized).jpeg
#11 2 years ago

dd0 (1) (resized).jpgdd0 (1) (resized).jpg

#12 2 years ago

this asking price is truly retarded, considering the Super LE version sold NIB in Banning for $27k.

#14 2 years ago

there's always one

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from jake35:

this asking price is truly *******, considering the Super LE version sold NIB in Banning for $27k.

That game was about $34k after taxes and fees.

Quoted from Taygeta:

Every ad by this guy is a good summary of what has gone wrong in this hobby the past few years. Pinside and Ebay have become one and the same.

Every game he’s listed has sold. There are buyers who want these games. No one is forcing them. Simple supply & demand is what drives prices in a hobby, as always.

#16 2 years ago

I hope he sells this. I paid $12k for LE #3 NIB a year ago. Prices are crazy right now. If someone is willing to pay they will stay high. I would not sell mine for this price or any price. They did an amazing job on this pin all the way around. Deep rules and great art work.

#17 2 years ago

I get rarehero probably knows this dude (and maybe I do too) but $25k for an Elvira on this website is retarded. Try it on ebay or craigslist, go for it. But you're gonna burn bridges posting crap ads like this here.

#18 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I get rarehero probably knows this dude (and maybe I do too) but $25k for an Elvira on this website is retarded. Try it on ebay or craigslist, go for it. But you're gonna burn bridges posting crap ads like this here.

He's the only one that upvoted this thread...He should probably buy it!

#19 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I get rarehero probably knows this dude (and maybe I do too) but $25k for an Elvira on this website is ******. Try it on ebay or craigslist, go for it. But you're gonna burn bridges posting crap ads like this here.

Yes, he’s a friend of mine.

This is probably the biggest online pinball marketplace. Why would he not list it here? What bridges would be burnt? Bridges are only burnt if you do someone wrong. Who’s he doing wrong? I listed my TSPP for $10k, and got some blowback - but it sold in less than 24 hrs & multiple people were asking me to sell it to them instead FOR MORE. Am I now marked as a bad guy, even though the family who bought my game is over the moon with joy?

#20 2 years ago

You have to admit, listing at insane prices, it's less likely someone will buy it and flip it on you .

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Every game he’s listed has sold. There are buyers who want these games. No one is forcing them. Simple supply & demand is what drives prices in a hobby, as always.

No one is arguing that, its the fact that this practice of just sitting on NIB games and selling them for astronautical numbers indicates that this hobby has become less about pinball and more about short term stocks. A vast majority of people doing this practice are loaded beyond belief and don't need the extra $5-10K anyhow.

Pinball 10 years ago wasn't exclusively a rich man's hobby. It is now because of oppotunists like this seller.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

No one is arguing that, its the fact that this practice of just sitting on NIB games and selling them for astronautical numbers indicates that this hobby has become less about pinball and more about short term stocks.

It’s not my place to tell you why he’s got all these NIB games. I guarantee you that greed is NOT the motive.

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It’s not my place to tell you why he’s got all these NIB games. I guarantee you that greed is NOT the motive.

0KB6uP2.gif0KB6uP2.gif
#24 2 years ago

I see nothing wrong with advertising here. I have no doubt he will sell the game at a significant premium over original cost. And both the buyer and seller will be happy. Win-win.

#25 2 years ago

I’m sure the game will boot up and play just fine. It’s not that old. But what’s with the buyer being responsible to confirm any available factory warranty? The OP needs to take on some ownership and provide some customer service at this price point. The OP should be checking with Stern to see if they’ll provide support. Not dropping that in this buyer’s lap. In any case, I’d be super surprised if Stern gives any warranty support for a pin that’s been sitting in a warehouse all this time.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

No one is arguing that, its the fact that this practice of just sitting on NIB games and selling them for astronautical numbers indicates that this hobby has become less about pinball and more about short term stocks. A vast majority of people doing this practice are loaded beyond belief and don't need the extra $5-10K anyhow.
Pinball 10 years ago wasn't exclusively a rich man's hobby. It is now because of oppotunists like this seller.

Yes you’re right. Things have changed no doubt but that’s life. The key factor here is the market appears to be accepting it as someone mentioned he’s other games sold. Yes I think a guy who buys a NIB just to sit on it to flip - it’s whatever BUT the market has spoken and the market is always right.

This guy has every right to list it. If it’s within market it will sell. If it’s not it won’t. I’ll never understand the price police

#27 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I listed my TSPP for $10k, and got some blowback - but it sold in less than 24 hrs & multiple people were asking me to sell it to them instead FOR MORE. Am I now marked as a bad guy, even though the family who bought my game is over the moon with joy?

So, I can either A) Sell my possessions for 2.5X what i paid for them, or B) Make sure everyone on Pinside likes me. But not both.

Hey all you a$$ho!es, I accept cash! Thanks!!

#28 2 years ago

I think it’s hilarious that the ones who want to buy everything at “invoice” or some deep discount off of MSRP (not just pinball machines) are always the ones who want to insist someone can’t sell a pinball machine for an elevated price in an extreme up market. It’s about pinball AND it’s about the free market and all the free market includes.

I’ve been a collector of many things for many years, and it’s always the same. Those who buy and sell who comprise the secondary market are negatively criticized by those who think they deserve to have their hobby and themselves be the exception to the free market. But those same individuals still want to buy low and sell high in some manner when it’s about them. I’ve never seen anything but extreme double standards, and that includes Pinheads.

BTW, the free market includes both pinballers and non-pinballers who buy and sell for ANY reason they choose. Live with it or stay stupid and try to fight the free market as though subjective opinion will affect objective reality. It won’t. This machine will sell to someone at some price, and that will be part of the free market. Period.

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

So, I can either A) Sell my possessions for 2.5X what i paid for them, or B) Make sure everyone on Pinside likes me. But not both.
Hey all you a$$ho!es, I accept cash! Thanks!!

Yep.

#30 2 years ago

Things including pinball machines are worth what someone is willing to pay. "This rookie card is worth a million ka zillion dollars!" Well what are the offers coming in? Well only a hundred bucks but its worth a million ka zillion because the Becket said so! Soooo......its really worth a hundred bucks. Same here, sellers can list a game for a million ka zillion and if someone pays them that, it was worth a million ka zillion. If not, it will be worth whatever the highest offer is. Personally I hate this crazy shit but I'm not gunna lie and say if I had something I knew would bring in a big crazy offer I wouldn't just because I don't want to offend anyone, I would go after as much as I could and the offers would reveal the ultimate value and worth. Its the buyers that are driving everything up, not the sellers

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from Hoteldrummer:

Things including pinball machines are worth what someone is willing to pay. "This rookie card is worth a million ka zillion dollars!" Well what are the offers coming in? Well only a hundred bucks but its worth a million ka zillion because the Becket said so! Soooo......its really worth a hundred bucks. Same here, sellers can list a game for a million ka zillion and if someone pays them that, it was worth a million ka zillion. If not, it will be worth whatever the highest offer is. Personally I hate this crazy shit but I'm not gunna lie and say if I had something I knew would bring in a big crazy offer I wouldn't just because I don't want to offend anyone, I would go after as much as I could and the offers would reveal the ultimate value and worth. Its the buyers that are driving everything up, not the sellers

“A million ka zillion by Christmas”?

#32 2 years ago

Haha. Good one! "Resides." How much are you really asking?

#33 2 years ago

i hate to break it to the seller, but the super limited 40th anniversary edition just dropped, rendering this ad pretty obsolete.

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i hate to break it to the seller, but the super limited 40th anniversary edition just dropped, rendering this ad pretty obsolete.

That one is sold out & flipping for $40k, this is a bargain now.

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from Gribbs:

“A million ka zillion by Christmas”?

Yup, I can see someone saying screw it, I’m going for it!

#36 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That one is sold out & flipping for $40k, this is a bargain now.

I don’t even have responses from distributors yet - do you have knowledge that spots have actually flipped for $40k?

#37 2 years ago

this is now a steal of a deal compared to the 40th

#38 2 years ago

There are still anniversary editions available if you call around.

#39 2 years ago

I hope this sells for double asking price.

I have a NIB around somewhere and 1 that gets some play (once a month) too.
But yeah I wouldn’t part with either one for any price (even a bazillion dollar$) because every time I look at it (not the NIB I have its behind other NIB games I have can’t see it) I feel like I’m part of an exclusive club

#40 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t even have responses from distributors yet - do you have knowledge that spots have actually flipped for $40k?

Oh yeah, FOMO baby!!

#41 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was joking, but the way things are going - would it surprise you?

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I was joking, but the way things are going - would it surprise you?

No.

2 weeks later
#43 2 years ago

Daaaang! Someone grab it before it hits $50k by Xmas!

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Daaaang! Someone grab it before it hits $50k by Xmas!

Remember when we use to laugh at 10k by Christmas........give it time and we'll see 50k become a reality. Almost there with POTCCE

#45 2 years ago

Much more appealing with the price increase. Fantastic!

#46 2 years ago

50K by Christmas.

#47 2 years ago

The price increase ploy succeeds sometimes...i had zero luck selling my Monster Bash at $14k, but it sold quickly upon raising back to $20K where it belonged.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

That game was about $34k after taxes and fees.

Every game he’s listed has sold. There are buyers who want these games. No one is forcing them. Simple supply & demand is what drives prices in a hobby, as always. just what he needs, a cheerleader.

prob his brother.

#49 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

prob his brother

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-elvira-s-house-of-horrors-limited-edition-19?hl=chewiec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.