(Topic ID: 302624)

For sale: Elvira's House of Horrors LE - NEW IN BOX!!!

By Darth-Grayder

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 103 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by robotron
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20211206-201626_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211206-200741_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
download.jpeg-3.jpg
0KB6uP2.gif
dd0 (1) (resized).jpg
73E84F0B-52C2-4E6D-A1D5-095CCB94B92C (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 7.42.51 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 7.43.09 PM (resized).png

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 2 years ago

Wow ... this still available ?

#52 2 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

prob his brother.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

prob his brother

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

prob his brother

Brother from another mother!

#53 2 years ago

Prob is a weird name for someone's brother!

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Prob is a weird name for someone's brother!

He was named after my great great grandfather, Probtholemew.

#55 2 years ago

Whoever buys at this price is a much bigger ass than the seller.

#56 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Whoever buys at this price is much bigger ass than the seller.

They say there is a seat for every ass..gotta be one big seat

#57 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:They say there is a seat for every ass..gotta be one big seat

Or one Big ASS!

#58 2 years ago
Quoted from VMAX:

I think it’s hilarious that the ones who want to buy everything at “invoice” or some deep discount off of MSRP (not just pinball machines) are always the ones who want to insist someone can’t sell a pinball machine for an elevated price in an extreme up market. It’s about pinball AND it’s about the free market and all the free market includes.
I’ve been a collector of many things for many years, and it’s always the same. Those who buy and sell who comprise the secondary market are negatively criticized by those who think they deserve to have their hobby and themselves be the exception to the free market. But those same individuals still want to buy low and sell high in some manner when it’s about them. I’ve never seen anything but extreme double standards, and that includes Pinheads.
BTW, the free market includes both pinballers and non-pinballers who buy and sell for ANY reason they choose. Live with it or stay stupid and try to fight the free market as though subjective opinion will affect objective reality. It won’t. This machine will sell to someone at some price, and that will be part of the free market. Period.

The irony is that things are as expensive as they are right now because of the LACK of a free market on a national level.

#59 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The irony is that things are as expensive as they are right now because of the LACK of a free market on a national level.

What? Things are expensive because of supply and demand, not a lack of free market.

#60 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

What? Things are expensive because of supply and demand, not a lack of free market.

Meddlesome government policies have given us artificial supply and demand. Most specifically, demand has artificially increased because of monetary policy. And of course supply has been diminished as a result. This is not “free market”.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Whoever buys at this price is a much bigger ass than the seller.

It’s so comical. It’s Rareheros buddy and he is the ONLY one with a thumbs up on this JOKE of an ad

#63 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

They say there is a seat for every ass..gotta be one big seat

Sometimes there's just an ass

#64 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Meddlesome government policies have given us artificial supply and demand. Most specifically, demand has artificially increased because of monetary policy. And of course supply has been diminished as a result. This is not “free market”.

Don't blame me, elections have consequences.

#65 2 years ago

The dealers should be selling LE machines based on some kind of lottery system amongst their biggest customers. They should not be all going to Internet snipers/scalpers that do exactly that to every high demand item that they can get their hands on. These snipers are the reason why we cant buy a PS5 for less than $800, and why we cant find a video card for anything less than 2.5 times the actual price of it. The internet is partially at fault. They have sniping programs that regular people can not compete with. Hard to get items should be limited to 1 per person, and that is very easy to track. The distributors can absolutely control and limit people from charging such high rates for things. I am all for people making a profit, but $20k in such a short period? I am glad that there is actually a nicer version of the game coming out next year ....

#66 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny10:

I am glad that there is actually a nicer version of the game coming out next year ....

Ummm, what?

#68 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I come to Pinside for all of the Economic Policy experts.

Pinball is just a side interest.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

And some of them actually believe what they’re saying, hilarious.

#70 2 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I get your sarcasm. 300 posts about a supposed free market can’t go unchecked. The “free market” is an exploded myth.

#71 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I get your sarcasm. 300 posts about a supposed free market can’t go unchecked. The “free market” is an exploded myth.

If not a "free market", what is it we have?

#72 2 years ago

Why not just order one? Looks like $9500. Get in April.

#73 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Manipulated market.

#74 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Come on,your not that dense.Fed buying up assets at all time rates.Picking winners and artificially propping up markets.

#75 2 years ago
Quoted from Damen:

Come on,your not that dense.Fed buying up assets at all time rates.Picking winners and artificially propping up markets.

Sounds like you don't know the definition of a free market.

#76 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Sounds like you don't know the definition of a free market.

Oh I thought you said flea market,sorry I read that wrong!

#77 2 years ago

Don't be so dense, a free market economy is a system in which prices for goods are set by buyers and sellers in an open market.
This sound familiar? It means this dude can ask whatever for his ehoh.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s so comical. It’s Rareheros buddy and he is the ONLY one with a thumbs up on this JOKE of an ad

mom will ground him if he don't.

2 weeks later
#79 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I guarantee you that greed is NOT the motive.

Then what is? Certainly isn't the love of pinball or the hobby. There is no other reason to buy multiple NIB limited edition machines, park them in a warehouse for months/years and flip them for 3x their original msrp. I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to do it, but please, PLEASE, don't sit here and tell me greed and profit isn't the motivation. No one is that stupid.

#80 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

I would love clarification on this statement. Are you saying that the government is at fault for the price of pinball? Or anything else, for that matter?

#81 2 years ago
Quoted from Darth-Grayder:

Ad listing: For sale: Elvira's House of Horrors (Limited Edition)

#82 2 years ago

call Steve at Mi Pinball Refinery and have him build you a premium HOH that will blow everything away and play flawlessly.

#83 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Then what is? Certainly isn't the love of pinball or the hobby. There is no other reason to buy multiple NIB limited edition machines, park them in a warehouse for months/years and flip them for 3x their original msrp. I'm not saying he doesn't have the right to do it, but please, PLEASE, don't sit here and tell me greed and profit isn't the motivation. No one is that stupid.

I mean, I guess you’re stupid, then. This is a close friend of mine & his story is not mine to tell - but greed/profit is not remotely a motivator. Do you know how much years of storage costs? This wasn’t some diabolical financial long game.

#84 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

MSRP for the LE in October 2019 was $9599.
It’s fair/clear that an NIB today should command more now but you really need to want an LE and be in the “money’s no object” mindset to pay what’s probably double the current value of a used LE.
That said, with only 400 LEs and a fantastic cabinet art package, an Elvira LE is a great version to have.

and lose 15k when you open the box

#85 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

…his story is not mine to tell - but greed/profit is not remotely a motivator. Do you know how much years of storage costs?

Why would someone store a NIB for years without the intention to profit?

#86 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I mean, I guess you’re stupid, then. This is a close friend of mine & his story is not mine to tell - but greed/profit is not remotely a motivator. Do you know how much years of storage costs? This wasn’t some diabolical financial long game.

If profit wasn't the motivation, I guess just screwing over fellow pinball enthusiasts for shits and giggles could be it.

#87 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Why would someone store a NIB for years without the intention to profit?

Have you ever bought a book, movie, piece of equipment, etc. and just put it away & never get around to using it?

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If profit wasn't the motivation, I guess just screwing over fellow pinball enthusiasts for shits and giggles could be it.

How is anyone screwing anyone? He’s selling his property. If you make a deal, you will get your item 100%. Are you telling me you’ve never sold something years after you bought it for more due to market conditions? A house? Stocks? Did you screw over people?

#88 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Have you ever bought a book, movie, piece of equipment, etc. and just put it away & never get around to using it?

Oh, c'mon. I am not even criticizing him for selling at whatever the market will support. I don't like it and it is not something that I could do, but he has the right to ask whatever he wants. Defending him in that respect, I can understand.

However, the defense that he isn't doing it for profit?!?! He has had MANY NIB machines in climate controlled warehouse storage that were sold much later for a good profit.

Led Zepplin LE
Munsters LE
Attach from Mars Remake LE
Stranger Things LE
Star Wars Comic Art Premium
Guardians of the Galaxy LE
The Avengers LE
The Walking Dead Pro
Games of Thrones LE

And the list goes on....

You can't tell me that he just bought all these machines and "didn't get around to it".

#89 2 years ago
download.jpeg-3.jpgdownload.jpeg-3.jpg
#90 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Oh, c'mon. I am not even criticizing him for selling at whatever the market will support. I don't like it and it is not something that I could do, but he has the right to ask whatever he wants. Defending him in that respect, I can understand.
However, the defense that he isn't doing it for profit?!?! He has had MANY NIB machines in climate controlled warehouse storage that were sold much later for a good profit.
Led Zepplin LE
Munsters LE
Attach from Mars Remake LE
Stranger Things LE
Star Wars Comic Art Premium
Guardians of the Galaxy LE
The Avengers LE
The Walking Dead Pro
Games of Thrones LE
And the list goes on....
You can't tell me that he just bought all these machines and "didn't get around to it".

Well in this guy’s defense, I have an example that kind of fits. I’ve got 2 NIB games and I’ve got 3 more coming by the end of the year. I cycle a lot of games and rarely sit on them. I put the 2 NIB at my office because it was easy to do and I’m not sure what to do yet because all my games are keepers right now but I’ll get it figured out.
So maybe something similar happened. Maybe the guy divorced and hid his great games in storage so she couldn’t track them.
I assure you, the last thing I want to do is defend anything rarehero says. Lol.

#91 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hahahaha, yeah, I buy books for $20, throw them on a shelf or the coffee table and forget about them. Kinda like I do pinball machines, I buy them and set them on the coffee table too and just forget about them. Sometimes I remember I have them and make excuses to sell my things to get rid of the clutter, except I ask 3x what I paid for them.

I found a NIB pinball machine just sitting on my table the other day, I forgot I had the damn thing.

#92 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I can and I will.

If you don’t want to believe me, an honest and trusted member of this hobby community for ~15 years, that’s on you.

#93 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I assure you, the last thing I want to do is defend anything rarehero says. Lol.

Does it kill you that I'm right? How's that RAZA treating you?

#94 2 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Hahahaha, yeah, I buy books for $20, throw them on a shelf or the coffee table and forget about them. Kinda like I do pinball machines, I buy them and set them on the coffee table too and just forget about them. Sometimes I remember I have them and make excuses to sell my things to get rid of the clutter, except I ask 3x what I paid for them.
I found a NIB pinball machine just sitting on my table the other day, I forgot I had the damn thing.

The point is - the assertion that these games were bought with the sole purpose to sit on & then resell for profit is incorrect. Obviously not everyone can hoard pinball machines like they do with smaller items...but there are all kinds of people in the world.

As for the prices...is he supposed to NOT sell them for what they're going for currently? Games are expensive now. Not his fault. Blame Banning or Crypto Bros or COVID or rich people discovering pinball. He's been selling off his collection for a while now, and last year plenty of people got some great deals.

#95 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

As for the prices...is he supposed to NOT sell them for what they're going for currently?

If he were asking "what it's currently going for", this entire discussion wouldn't be happening. Here's a snapshot of current listings. He's asking more than a signature series, and a collectors edition. Asking 12k more than the other 2 LEs. I've also included some recent archived ads. He can ask whatever he wants, it's his machine, but it certainly isn't what they're going for or market value.

Screenshot_20211206-200741_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211206-200741_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Screenshot_20211206-201626_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211206-201626_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#97 2 years ago

Damn! Not sold yet?

4 weeks later
#98 2 years ago

is this ad for real, or just a prank

asking for a friend who is special needs...

3 weeks later
#99 2 years ago

God damn sterns are over hyped and over priced

#100 2 years ago

Wait, you mean it didn't sell the last 2x he listed it??? Lol. But we were told the price was "what they were going for". I swear I wish we could block ads like we could block users. I see the seller didn't enable comments on his other 2 inflated price NIB listings.

There are 103 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-elvira-s-house-of-horrors-limited-edition-19/page/2?hl=horse_cop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.