(Topic ID: 146755)

For sale: Elvira and the Party Monsters (Bally, 1989)

By creepykenny

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by sckurk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_n37r2jABAC1tvkuk4o1_500.gif
DSC_3089.JPG
DSC_2972.JPG
DSC_2907.JPG
DSC_2906.JPG
DSC_2904.JPG
DSC_2902.JPG
DSC_2957.JPG
DSC_2967.JPG
DSC_3049.JPG
DSC_3048.JPG
DSC_3054.JPG
DSC_3055.JPG
DSC_3053.JPG
DSC_3060.JPG
DSC_3063.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Sorry to burst your bubble folks but this isn't a 2500 pin.

Funny, it was the last time that I sold one. Are you suggesting more or less for a players condition EATPM? Sarcasm is so hard to read over the inter-webs sometimes.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

SNYPER: you didn't sell one like the restored one in this thread. I think you're confused at my comment. (I went and just edited it to make more sense)
My comment wasn't sarcasm at all. The pin listed here in this FS thread isn't a $2500 pin. It's worth a lot more based on what's been done to it.
As I've said, 3750 is high, but not crazy. It's got new ramps, decals, and a shit ton of new parts. PLUS the labor of stripping the cab and applying decals to make is nice.
EATPM, on average, without all the stuff OP did to it, is a $2500 pin. Base.

Hmmm, ok. I suppose that's possible. One thing that I will never understand is this...

Pinhead A buys a pin (title not important for this example) for $1500. It has cracked ramps, a trashed PF, and needs plastics and $500 more in parts. If you add everything up, the total they have into the game is 3,000. This is not counting time/labor. That person immediately assumes that they can sell that game for at least 3K. Why? The part list/ect. does NOT determine what this game will sell for, the MARKET itself determines it. $ for additional things like plating, mods and other eye candy IMHO adds nothing to the market value of a game UNLESS you match up with someone that either has $ or time to burn, or really does LIKE those add-ons -->(less likely).

Pinhead B buys the same title (different example of the same game) for 3K in VERY good original condition. That person immediately assumes that they can sell that game for 3K or more. Why? The price that you privately paid does NOT determine what this game will sell for, the market itself determines it. Do you just fear that you overpaid and you price it higher than you paid in the hopes that you didn't?

Are you one of these 2 people? Do you buy pins to play them? These are rhetorical questions, not directed at anyone in particular.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 18.95
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 70.00
$ 49.99
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 69.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

£ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

£ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 34.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snyper2099.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-elvira-and-the-party-monsters-bally-1989-1995?tu=snyper2099 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.