New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 146755)

For sale: Elvira and the Party Monsters (Bally, 1989)

By creepykenny

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 63 posts
  • 23 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by sckurk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

tumblr_n37r2jABAC1tvkuk4o1_500.gif
DSC_3089.JPG
DSC_2972.JPG
DSC_2907.JPG
DSC_2906.JPG
DSC_2904.JPG
DSC_2902.JPG
DSC_2957.JPG
DSC_2967.JPG
DSC_3049.JPG
DSC_3048.JPG
DSC_3054.JPG
DSC_3055.JPG
DSC_3053.JPG
DSC_3060.JPG
DSC_3063.JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1

for sale

For sale: Elvira and the Party Monsters (Bally, 1989)

Added: December 15th, 2015 Ended: February 4th, 2016

Item description

Elvira and the Party Monsters Pinball Machine - SOLD (atlanta, ga)

mostly restored ..... mostly,

machine is in very good working condition with the following work done,

new Pinball Inc ramps installed
new CPR plastics set installed
NOS translight installed
new target decals installed
cabinet completely stripped, repaired, re-painted inside & out
new silk-screened cabinet decals installed
new red T molding installed on back-box
new legs, leg bolts and metal cabinet protectors installed
new grounding braid installed thru out machine
both flipper coils replaced with new coils & rebuild kits installed
new flipper bats installed
new coil sleeves installed in all coils & plungers cleaned and polished
new shooter rod & associated parts
new balls, new black rubber rings
new thumper-bumper caps
new roll-over lane plastics, new plastic posts
new boogie men
new tempered playfield glass
reproduction siderails installed
new keyed cam locks installed
all lamp bulbs replaced with new incandescent bulbs
original OP manual & mini OP manuals are included,
the playfield is all original (no touch-ups) and in fairly good condition for age, but there is some typical wear at the upper BAT roll-overs and around the BBQ saucer

everything works no errors no credit dot, This is a beautiful solid working machine and although the playfield is not minty perfect because of the ball wear / imperfections (the wear on the playfield is mainly around the upper BAT rollovers & at the entrance to the party punch ramp) it is a great piece and the asking price does reflect that it is not minty perfect. btw, this is a 26 year old pinball machine and as we all know things do fail on them from time to time.

SOLD AND OFF TO A GOOD HOME

Item photos

DSC_3105 a.jpg
DSC_3100.JPG
DSC_3097.JPG
DSC_3095.JPG
DSC_3092.JPG
DSC_3063.JPG
DSC_3060.JPG
DSC_3053.JPG
DSC_3055.JPG
DSC_3054.JPG
DSC_3048.JPG
DSC_3049.JPG
DSC_2967.JPG
DSC_2957.JPG
DSC_2902.JPG
DSC_2904.JPG
DSC_2906.JPG
DSC_2907.JPG
DSC_2972.JPG
DSC_3089.JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller ended this ad but did not submit a final sales price into our price database.

Seller contributed to Pinside for selling this item!

Item location

Atlanta, GA, US

Seller insights

These are creepykenny's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to creepykenny's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Forget about never played this game. I have never seen one before.

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Forget about never played this game. I have never seen one before.

You should come to the South side now and then

Looks like it is a nice pin and they are fun to play ... Always my luck, it's local but over my price range GLWS

#4 4 years ago

This is a beautiful game and plays great. All his games are really nice, I would love to buy this one but I've already committed to buying one of his other awesome pins...

#5 4 years ago

Price police freeeeeeeze lol

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from creepykenny:

it is a great piece and the asking price does reflect that it is not minty perfect

What would the price be if it was minty perfect?

#7 4 years ago

I scoped out eatpm for awhile until I found mine.

I don't think the price is way way out of line, but is a tad high. Probably some room for negotiation I'm sure.

An average eatpm sell for 2500. Nicer ones 2800 and up.

This ones had a lot of parts and time put into it, especially the cab decals, which are a pain to install (correctly). Decals alone are like 275 or so.

Anyway, it's a rare pin that's got some of the best artwork in pinball imo, and it's just a damn fun pin. Mindless fun pinball. Totally system 11!

I'd say given the pf wear near ramp entrances, etc. and all the new parts and cab work, I think a good price would be 3200-3300.

GLWTS op.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Price police freeeeeeeze lol

Everyone has the rite to ask what they want !but........I'm having such a hard time not shooting my mouth off on this one, I must keep duct tape tightly over lips. Glws op.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Everyone has the rite to ask what they want !but........I'm having such a hard time not shooting my mouth off on this one, I must keep duct tape tightly over lips. Glws op your gonna need it!

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Everyone has the rite to ask what they want !but........I'm having such a hard time not shooting my mouth off on this one, I must keep duct tape tightly over lips. Glws op.

says the guy with a $4500 Champion Pub

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

That's what they go for! Maybe since I put new legs and mod decals on etc, maybe I should ask 6500.because it's (almost restored) Thanks brother .

#12 4 years ago

ka BOOM!

Let's play nice boys. We're all NY'ers!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

ka BOOM!
Let's play nice boys. We're all NY'ers!

You're right

I just want to point out that the seller's machine has all the nice extras. The ramps alone were like $250 shipped when you could even buy them.

#14 4 years ago

You're right
I just want to point out that the seller's machine has all the nice extras. The ramps alone were like $250 shipped when you could even buy them.

Yep.

Like I said, it's not too far out of line, albeit a bit high.

The extras add up. For me, the biggest plus is the cab. 95% are beat up.

#15 4 years ago

The market will soon tell us if this is priced right. A well priced one does not last long. Sometimes gone in a few hours.
GLWS

#16 4 years ago

If you would just finish the playfield your gonna hit it out the park don't stop now bro this thing looks amazing!!

#17 4 years ago

eh i wish i could finish it with the new playfield, i have had this one for at least 5 years - waiting for the CPR re-pro playfield the whole time ... or at least it seems that way, the one part i couldn't get. its time for it to move on and be replaced with something new, it maybe has 100-150 plays since i put it together?

and yes, there is some negotiating room in the price

#18 4 years ago

2500?

#20 4 years ago

Sorry to burst your bubble folks but this isn't a 2500 pin.

EDIT for clarification: the pin ON THIS FS THREAD isn't a 2500 pin.

#21 4 years ago

I have a NOS playfield that I put up for sale a while back here. There was some interest in it but it never did sell. Still available if anyone wants to make this the ultimate EATPM.

#22 4 years ago

I don't think his price is out of this world considering all the parts, restoration work, and rarity of this title on the market. Hell with a new cpr playfield or similar, value of machine could easily go over 5k.

#23 4 years ago

At its base its a 2500 pin.

#24 4 years ago

This game is beautiful and have had the op shop out several games for me and they are top notch games when they are done.This game is well worth the asking price

#25 4 years ago

I just think it's funny that those that are giving the thumbs up and members that keep saying this is a 3750. pin have one in their collection, I don't blame you I would do the same! Who would down grade their own pin I get it, If the playfield was cpr or even touched up and cleared I'd still say this was a high price tag based on previous sales, but could justify it. Again glws,

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

I just think it's funny that those that are giving the thumbs up and members that keep saying this is a 3750. pin have one in their collection, I don't blame you I would do the same! Who would down grade their own pin I get it, If the playfield was cpr or even touched up and cleared I'd still say this was a high price tag based on previous sales, but could justify it. Again glws,

Nobody said it was fully worth 3750. Just the plastic set, ramp set and decals on this game are almost $700. And you are the most negative in this thread, probably because you are looking to trade for one.

#27 4 years ago

Nobody said it was fully worth 3750. Just the plastic set, ramp set and decals on this game are almost $700. And you are the most negative in this thread, probably because you are looking to trade for one.

Yes I admit that I want one, and you admit that you wanna see this fetch close to 4k cause you own one. Still doesn't make this worth 3750.

Not looken to trash your thread op, glws I hope you get what your looking for.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Yes I admit that I want one, and you admit that you wanna see this fetch close to 4k cause you own one. Still doesn't make this worth 3750.
Not looken to trash your thread op, glws I hope you get what your looking for.

I did not say any of that, don't waste your time putting words in my mouth. Not that I need to prove shit to you, but mine is insured for 2850 and probably won't ever sell it.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

I do have a great one in my collection, and I would not sell mine for 5K! It is a permanent fixture in my collection until I get older and don't give a crap about pins or I need to sell it for a kidney! The days of getting EATPM for $2500 are over...Unless you extremely lucky. Market says otherwise and pin prices on this title are rising...

So my agreeing to the pricing or giving someone the thumbs up has nothing to do with the selling of mine since it is simply not for sale.

#30 4 years ago

I don't think anyone is fluffing the pricing on eatpm on here.
A lot of people that own them obviously chime in not to fluff but because they have experience in actually having purchased one.

Mjm: start a new thread asking for a price check. Do I think 3750 is high, yes. But way out of line given the extras and work that's been done? No so much.

If I were to sell mine I wouldn't consider selling for less than 3k.

#31 4 years ago

I searched for 2 years for a nice one. Even the bad ones were $2000 plus.

Ended up getting a shopped up one in Chicago for $2700 and she was very tidy. Really good cabinet colour, and the PF is really nice. Side of one ramp is cracked but you can't see it where it is. $2700 was the most I have ever paid for a Sys11 by a laaaaaarge margin.

That was April 2014, I haven't seen one as nice for sale for a long time. Even the beaters are $2500 or more now. The fact is, they very rarely come up for sale.

rd

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Hugo:

The market will soon tell us if this is priced right. A well priced one does not last long. Sometimes gone in a few hours.
GLWS

This is generally true.

But when you have a unique item (restoration, Ramps etc) it requires a unique buyer. It's a smaller market and may take more time.

#33 4 years ago

I did not say any of that, don't waste your time putting words in my mouth. Not that I need to prove shit to you, but mine is insured for 2850 and probably won't ever sell it.

Don't throw your pace maker off rhythm herbert! But like YOU said "I HAVE MINE INSURED FOR 2850" 2850 looks alot different to me than 3750!!!! I'm not saying it's worth 2500. Especially in current condition with the upgrades and new parts! 3k sure, 3750 ?? Well maybe you should call your insurance and get some extra coverage, it's like wearing depends, your covered for accidents and rainy days! With pin prices doubling in the last few months I would act fast then brother . Thanks for the education I always respect my elders.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

ut like YOU said "I HAVE MINE INSURED FOR 2850" 2850 looks alot different to me than 3750!!!!

But mine is not close to this condition. I was just stating that because I have realistic values set to my pins and I never price pump them. This guy's EATPM is worth fairly close to his asking price.

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Thanks for the education I always respect my elders.

If you are into Xenon, I'm probably younger than you

#36 4 years ago

Hahahaha.

Another kaboom!!!

#37 4 years ago

Well herbs with your infinite wisdom your way past your years!

#38 4 years ago

Ugg I've had my fun with this thread. I'm outta here

#39 4 years ago

At least the op is benefitting from all the bumps!

Glwts

#40 4 years ago

Ugg I've had my fun with this thread. I'm outta here

That's original, did you do that yourself or did Ester help you? I'm guessing you were around 30 back then? Nothing like a little reminiscing right Herbster

#41 4 years ago

Great looking game. your price is where it should be. they are usually about 2600 or more if in good condition. But with the cabinet and other upgrades- plus labor that you did-its worth it. not to mention whoever buys it will be offering less.

#42 4 years ago

Well EATPM is pretty much at the top of my wish list right now, so I have been researching it in preparation for maybe getting one someday. Based on what I have seen so far, the initial asking price (which he said he would be open to discuss) seems very reasonable to me, based on what has been done to it and the fact that the OP is a Pinsider and did get recommendations from others. If it were nearby, this would be hard to resist.

The problem is they don't seem to come up for sale too often anymore. The only other one for sale now is on Ebay for $4495. There aren't many details but I bet it isn't as nice as this one.

The Ebay sales history shows 5 have been sold in the last year for an average price pf $3,092. The overall average price is $1,760 for 156 sales with a low of $302 and a high of $4,295. But the problem is, this one seems to have hit a high degree of desirability, and it doesn't seem that the people that have them now will want to be parting with them anytime soon, which you can see from the comments here. So I am expecting to have to pay somewhere in that range to get a nice one if I can even find one. Or maybe less for one that needs work if that should turn up.

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Sorry to burst your bubble folks but this isn't a 2500 pin.

Funny, it was the last time that I sold one. Are you suggesting more or less for a players condition EATPM? Sarcasm is so hard to read over the inter-webs sometimes.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Well EATPM is pretty much at the top of my wish list right now, so I have been researching it in preparation for maybe getting one someday. Based on what I have seen so far, the initial asking price (which he said he would be open to discuss) seems very reasonable to me, based on what has been done to it and the fact that the OP is a Pinsider and did get recommendations from others. If it were nearby, this would be hard to resist.
The problem is they don't seem to come up for sale too often anymore. The only other one for sale now is on Ebay for $4495. There aren't many details but I bet it isn't as nice as this one.
The Ebay sales history shows 5 have been sold in the last year for an average price pf $3,092. The overall average price is $1,760 for 156 sales with a low of $302 and a high of $4,295. But the problem is, this one seems to have hit a high degree of desirability, and it doesn't seem that the people that have them now will want to be parting with them anytime soon, which you can see from the comments here. So I am expecting to have to pay somewhere in that range to get a nice one if I can even find one. Or maybe less for one that needs work if that should turn up.

Yeah it's for sale at pinballz arcade. He also has a spider man for 9k. MM for 19.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Funny, it was the last time that I sold one. Are you suggesting more or less for a players condition EATPM? Sarcasm is so hard to read over the inter-webs sometimes.

Definitely sarcasm! !! Thinks its worth ops asking price.

Quoted from xsvtoys:

What does feebay have to do with any pinside or cl price ever? That one for 4495 has been listed 6 times that I know of and yes its probably toast, it will continue to sit there for years to come! Unless someone that is non hobby related is feeling frisky to buy something that looks cool or different.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Yeah it's for sale at pinballz arcade. He also has a spider man for 9k. MM for 19.

Exactly! Pinside and feebay shouldn't even be in the same sentence, it's like comparing a Ferrari with a 78 Ford Pinto, they both have Wheels that's it!

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

SNYPER: you didn't sell one like the restored one in this thread. I think you're confused at my comment. (I went and just edited it to make more sense)

My comment wasn't sarcasm at all. The pin listed here in this FS thread isn't a $2500 pin. It's worth a lot more based on what's been done to it.

As I've said, 3750 is high, but not crazy. It's got new ramps, decals, and a shit ton of new parts. PLUS the labor of stripping the cab and applying decals to make is nice.

EATPM, on average, without all the stuff OP did to it, is a $2500 pin. Base.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

Definitely sarcasm! !! Thinks its worth ops asking price.

What does feebay have to do with any pinside or cl price ever? That one for 4495 has been listed 6 times that I know of and yes its probably toast, it will continue to sit there for years to come! Unless someone that is non hobby related is feeling frisky to buy something that looks cool or different.

Its just a number to consider, I am not saying that it compares to one thing or another. I just try to gather as much information as I can, and of course Ebay only means something when it gets sold and you can see an (allegedly) actual selling price. I just started looking more seriously at EATPM and there isn't much to go by, so I have to take what I can get. But, it is good to know that one has been listed for a while. Obviously 4485 isn't realistic. Would they get 3750, or even take 3750? I don't know, but it doesn't seem likely. And the condition is sort of unknown as there isn't much of a description. Maybe that one is really more worth $2500. Or even $2000. I don't really know. But I do know OP creepykenny put out a nice list of everything that has been done and a good assessment of its condition, and that's way more than you typically get on Ebay or CL. Someone can look that over and consider everything else that is said here, and decide what they might offer. In the end, whatever the buyer and seller agree upon is the proper price as far as my thinking goes.

My approach now when I think I want a specific machine is to start gathering up whatever pricing-related information I can, so I can look things over and figure out what is what. Pinside is the best source that I know of, but past sales on CL and Ebay also are data points.

Again, my assessment so far on EATPM (and I have been only seriously looking for a month or so) is this:

- The machine itself is very popular, of course with the theme being a big part of it. There are many Elvira fans. That could make the price go up.
- A lot of the people that have them aren't too interested in selling them. That cuts the supply, and that can make the price go up.
- I see a lot of them that have been restored/upgraded to different degrees. There are all sorts of things that can be done, including full cabinet redos and playfield swaps. Those things cost a lot of money, they make the machine super nice, but also will make the price higher.
- Maybe there are some out there that are in hiding that have not had extensive work, and therefore could be had at a reasonable price. Then you could consider if you want to be the one to put the money in and trick it up and make it a keeper. I don't know how many of those are out there??

I'm just hanging out and waiting, I don't need it now and its questionable if I even have the room.

Sorry, I wrote a lot, hope this bump helps the OP. It looks like it is a darn nice example.

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

SNYPER: you didn't sell one like the restored one in this thread. I think you're confused at my comment. (I went and just edited it to make more sense)
My comment wasn't sarcasm at all. The pin listed here in this FS thread isn't a $2500 pin. It's worth a lot more based on what's been done to it.
As I've said, 3750 is high, but not crazy. It's got new ramps, decals, and a shit ton of new parts. PLUS the labor of stripping the cab and applying decals to make is nice.

I pretty much figured that is what you were saying with your original comment, but it was admittedly short and sweet and could have been interpreted multiple ways the way it was originally written, so I wasn't sure until you wrote this. I think for some of us that are somewhat new here it takes a bit more clarification so we understand what you guys are saying, we don't have the long term experience yet to know everything. We're dumb that way

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Hmmm, ok. I suppose that's possible. One thing that I will never understand is this...

Pinhead A buys a pin (title not important for this example) for $1500. It has cracked ramps, a trashed PF, and needs plastics and $500 more in parts. If you add everything up, the total they have into the game is 3,000. This is not counting time/labor. That person immediately assumes that they can sell that game for at least 3K. Why? The part list/ect. does NOT determine what this game will sell for, the MARKET itself determines it. $ for additional things like plating, mods and other eye candy IMHO adds nothing to the market value of a game UNLESS you match up with someone that either has $ or time to burn, or really does LIKE those add-ons -->(less likely).

Pinhead B buys the same title (different example of the same game) for 3K in VERY good original condition. That person immediately assumes that they can sell that game for 3K or more. Why? The price that you privately paid does NOT determine what this game will sell for, the market itself determines it. Do you just fear that you overpaid and you price it higher than you paid in the hopes that you didn't?

Are you one of these 2 people? Do you buy pins to play them? These are rhetorical questions, not directed at anyone in particular.

There are 63 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside