(Topic ID: 284059)

For sale: Eight Ball Deluxe (Home Use Only) Spectacular!!!!

By Teddybaseball

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 42 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sunnRAT
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

jn3zx (resized).jpg
2D39C9F7-8E44-482A-B366-CE1ADEFDCD5B (resized).jpeg
IMG_2665 (resized).JPG
IMG_2664 (resized).JPG
IMG_2663 (resized).JPG
IMG_2662 (resized).JPG
IMG_2661 (resized).JPG
IMG_2660 (resized).JPG
IMG_2659 (resized).JPG
IMG_2658 (resized).JPG
IMG_2657 (resized).JPG
IMG_2655 (resized).JPG
EBD #10 (resized).JPG
EBD #9 (resized).JPG
EBD #8 (resized).JPG
EBD #7 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Eight Ball Deluxe (Home Use Only) Spectacular!!!!

Featured Ad

Added: 2020-12-19 15:37:15 UTC • Ended: January 10th, 2021
Condition: HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only)

Price

$ 6,995 (OBO)

Open for offers

I received this game as part of an estate. It is a HUO game and I have never seen an original game in this condition. It has to be the nicest original EBD on the planet. In addition, the game will come with a second new backglass (Shay Arcade Group) as well as a second set of sealed plastics (Shay Arcade Group). The backglass and the plastics in the game are original and gorgeous. I will consider cash and games for this machine. I would consider a trade for multiple System 11 games in excellent or better condition. The playfield is immaculate with no flaws. The pics do not do the game justice because of light reflections.
The game comes with its mint manual.

Item photos

EBD #1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2660 (resized).JPG
IMG_2661 (resized).JPG
EBD #2 (resized).JPG
EBD#4 (resized).JPG
EBD#5 (resized).JPG
EBD #6 (resized).JPG
EBD #7 (resized).JPG
EBD #8 (resized).JPG
IMG_2658 (resized).JPG
IMG_2655 (resized).JPG
IMG_2657 (resized).JPG
IMG_2659 (resized).JPG
EBD #9 (resized).JPG
EBD #10 (resized).JPG
EBD #3 (resized).JPG
IMG_2662 (resized).JPG
IMG_2663 (resized).JPG
IMG_2664 (resized).JPG
IMG_2665 (resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are Teddybaseball's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Teddybaseball's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Marion, MA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

#3 3 years ago

Wow, it’s way overpriced.

#4 3 years ago

That's a Museum Piece!

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Wow, it’s way overpriced.

I will go ahead and disagree with you. EBD is a game that is sought after, increasing in price and you just don't find one in this original condition. The real price is whatever someone is willing to pay.

Beautiful game. Someone is going to get a pristine machine for their collection.

#6 3 years ago

looks like a NIB

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I will go ahead and disagree with you. EBD is a game that is sought after, increasing in price and you just don't find one in this original condition. The real price is whatever someone is willing to pay.
Beautiful game. Someone is going to get a pristine machine for their collection.

No kidding, price is worth whatever someone is willing to pay?

There is a beautifully restored EBD for the same price that has been sitting unsold in the classifieds.

I do like originals, and the op has a beautiful original, but 9k? Come on. I’m not one to price police peoples ads but it’s been getting out of hand lately.

#8 3 years ago

It is nice. This one looks restored also. Looks like the cab has been repainted. Nice job.

#9 3 years ago

Looks restored to me. What documentation is there that this is HUO and original?

#10 3 years ago

Looks real nice, just be sure to re-align the lower flippers so that the dot cuts the flipper inhalf. Just like the upper left flipper is set. Otherwise, shots to the lower targets will be harder than they need to be and alley passes will be more difficult.

#11 3 years ago

9 k! What a steal! Can I buy 2?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

No kidding, price is worth whatever someone is willing to pay?

Says open for offers, so yes. Not hard to understand.

#13 3 years ago

I don’t care what he’s asking, it’s really nice to see a true time capsule posted. Regardless of price this pin is absolutely amazing!

#14 3 years ago

It’s so nice that the more OCD among us might actually struggle to allow ourselves to play it!

The price is indeed steep, but not worthy of ridicule. The game is one of the best of its era and this specimen is probably a once in a lifetime chance at the next-best thing to opening a NIB one, so it will sell.

#15 3 years ago

Really nice looking game. One question though the coin door has a Susan B Anthony dollar decal but no where to put the silver dollar in , should be in the middle slot

#16 3 years ago

original or not, that's beautiful! the only thing that looks restored is the interior black has a clean line, rather than over spray.

#17 3 years ago

Fantastic looking game but not 9k fantastic

#18 3 years ago

I am surprised the steel plated parts are so bright. HUO or not , i would think those parts would be darker over time, even in a climate controlled enviroment.
No matter.
It is a fabulous looking machine.
GLWS !

#19 3 years ago

Nice game but after closely looking at the pics, the tilt bob and ball are missing, I see shooter lane wear at the top and I have to agree the cabinet was painted. Never saw a Bally with a clean edge of the base paint color inside the cabinet.

#20 3 years ago

I think nice very restored. No yellowing in 40 year old plastics? The posts look new as well. still a great example.

#21 3 years ago

Ever notice the “nicest you’ve ever seen” FS ads are always from someone with less than 10 posts?

#22 3 years ago

From I can tell the SDB has FGE on the tag meaning it's out of a FG.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Ever notice the “nicest you’ve ever seen” FS ads are always from someone with less than 10 posts?

The seller can defend himself if he wants to, but he's owned more pinball machines than probably most of us in this thread combined, and has been doing it for decades.

#24 3 years ago

I have a documented HUO BK. Came from Larry DeMar collection. Was in his finished basement it whole life. Doesn’t look this “polished”.

#25 3 years ago

How much would a HEP restoration cost?

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

7Kish...

#27 3 years ago

Game is nice. HUO? who knows. The cabs been done with Pimp stencils I think. It's been sorta restored. So who knows what is was like before the makeover.

#28 3 years ago

Thank you for living on the east coast, out of temptation range.
Beutiful game, whatever the history.

#29 3 years ago

Sorry... but now that I took another look. Someone wrecked the side rails by pounding the nails in too far. Also rehab on the coin door left out a few things and added a Marco coin plate. Lots of things have been done to this HUO game. Its still a decent example. Price? Let the market decide.

#30 3 years ago

Imamaculate??? To be truly imamaculate it has to be sitting on cardboard in the road.

2D39C9F7-8E44-482A-B366-CE1ADEFDCD5B (resized).jpeg2D39C9F7-8E44-482A-B366-CE1ADEFDCD5B (resized).jpeg
#31 3 years ago

Wtf....

#32 3 years ago

Real nice example, but HUO? No. A HUO would have the brown envelope with the electronic game manual, the extra scorecards, coin entrance plates etc. Early Bally's had brass keys, not chrome. The PF has lots of mylar. Bally provided just sling shot mylar in the envelope. This has Mylar at the outlanes, in front of the drops and other places. As I mentioned before the tilt bob and ball are missing. Also coin box lid. SDB out of a Flash Gordon. Inside cabinet was painted.

Restored would be a better description.

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Imamaculate??? To be truly imamaculate it has to be sitting on cardboard in the road.[quoted image]

Oh Lord! While I miss that thread, do we need to go there?

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

HEP would never let that shooter lane wear there, nor the mylar on the PF.

#35 3 years ago

Ted, For this price I would add the cardboard covers on the displays behind the light board. Who ever restored this forgot to put them back

#36 3 years ago

Just another EBD that is semi-restored. Seller shouldn't have put the HUO tag on it.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Real nice example, but HUO? No. A HUO would have the brown envelope with the electronic game manual, the extra scorecards, coin entrance plates etc. Early Bally's had brass keys, not chrome. The PF has lots of mylar. Bally provided just sling shot mylar in the envelope. This has Mylar at the outlanes, in front of the drops and other places. As I mentioned before the tilt bob and ball are missing. Also coin box lid. SDB out of a Flash Gordon. Inside cabinet was painted.
Restored would be a better description.

Agree with you not HUO. But the mylar is right. Thats factory mylar. I just pulled the Mylar on a nice original like this. It goes over in a triangle like that. Only covers the special insert and the inlane C or D. The factory provided full mylar and then around the pops.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from Classic_Stern:

Agree with you not HUO. But the mylar is right. Thats factory mylar. I just pulled the Mylar on a nice original like this. It goes over in a triangle like that. Only covers the special insert and the inlane C or D. The factory provided full mylar and then around the pops.

While I would agree that's "factory mylar", it wasn't factory installed. I've seen plenty of EBD's without this much mylar. That was installed by the distributor or an operator, most likely the latter. Bally didn't sell games like Ford, you didn't get "options" like power steering, whitewalls. Base game delivered to a distributor didn't have any mylar.

#39 3 years ago

EBD has been on my radar...

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

While I would agree that's "factory mylar", it wasn't factory installed. I've seen plenty of EBD's without this much mylar. That was installed by the distributor or an operator, most likely the latter. Bally didn't sell games like Ford, you didn't get "options" like power steering, whitewalls. Base game delivered to a distributor didn't have any mylar.

Yes, that mylar sheet was available as a separate part, after the fact. My EBD-LE has that same mylar installed. and while it has kept much of my playfield in good shape, there is a lot of wear at the edges of the mylar (for example, right in front of the 2X target and at the entrance to the 8-ball lane).

#41 3 years ago

Also to note great this is home use only but why keep the original caps on the driver board? If I’m gonna pay triple market I would hope it’s been fully shopped

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from hockeymutt:

Also to note great this is home use only but why keep the original caps on the driver board? If I’m gonna pay triple market I would hope it’s been fully shopped

Id rather get it the way it is and not have someones greasy paws all over it.

#43 3 years ago

Beautiful looking game. If you think its not original prove it and not shit on the guys thread. But on the inside of the cab the black paint has a clean cut line and i always thought they had overspray not a straight line. And the rear of the cabinet looks like it mdf and i thought it was birch or whatever type wood they use on the sides and front of the cabinet.

#44 3 years ago

Best single ball game ever imo, great theme, great game next to a pool table or a bar. Great if you just wanna blast your music and play pinball

#45 3 years ago

jn3zx (resized).jpgjn3zx (resized).jpg

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from newtoit:

Beautiful looking game. If you think its not original prove it and not shit on the guys thread. But on the inside of the cab the black paint has a clean cut line and i always thought they had overspray not a straight line. And the rear of the cabinet looks like it mdf and i thought it was birch or whatever type wood they use on the sides and front of the cabinet.

It is a nice game. But it's restored IMO. But you are correct the inside of the cabinet should not have a clean paint line. As far as the cabinet, Bally started using particle board in 1981 on just the bottom cabinet rear panel and the head rear panel. Have had several games that show that, it swells in a moisture environment.

Otherwise it get murky. Should an original game have it's OE matching board set? Bally put white tags with a game ID and build number like EBD or EFG plus a serial number to show it was from that game. Look at the displays, they show the same tag number. This looks like it has a FG SDB. Boards all had the same white tag. This doesn't. Does that make it a worth less? Yes to me. If your goal is to sell the sell the highest priced EBD in history (at least what I've seen), that matters. A HUO only game would not have a FG SDB, the wrong coin door keys, a SBA coin door decal and without the correct coin mech or insert. It was restored and looks great, but I buy a 2K example I could restore.

#47 3 years ago

For sure not worthy of a HUO tag, semi-restored, and for sure not worth $9k to me, but some crazy dude might think otherwise.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from Teddybaseball:

I would consider a trade for multiple System 11 games in excellent or better condition.

Ok, so a Jokers & Millionaire? Deal!

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

I’m not one to price police peoples ads but it’s been getting out of hand lately.

Out of hand does not even begin to summorize what is going on with prices.

#50 3 years ago

With people paying over 1K for Stern toppers and close to 2K for Lior's POTC HMS Dauntless mod this might be a drop in the bucket to some.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 199.95
Electronics
Retro Electro Designs

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-eight-ball-deluxe-home-use-only-spectacular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.