(Topic ID: 162629)

For sale: Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally, 1980)

By mrdoarcademan

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by dhard
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Eight Ball Deluxe (Bally, 1980)

Added: 2016-06-22 01:03:06 UTC • Ended: July 10th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 2,800

Very nice. Very little playfield wear and it's not in the middle. Bands are about a year old. No acid damage.

Pristine backglass

Photos won't upload

Photos won't upload.
All complete.

Open to offers
Also selling

Haunted house
Eight ball deluxe
Little Joe
Fan tas tic
Oh boy
Air aces

Item photos

image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are mrdoarcademan's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to mrdoarcademan's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Tyler, TX, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 179.00
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

#2 7 years ago

Why not simply provide a photo directory link?
"Internet in the modern 21st Century".
Dropbox, Google, etc.
Lots of options, many FREE.

The reason the photos will not upload is likely the size of your images are too large, you opted not to reduce quality (which is never a good thing for sales) or PinSide is having another set of "fits".
My first suggestion solves all problems.

#3 7 years ago

Is that mylar lifting on the top left pop bumper?

#4 7 years ago

If you're willing to ship, please let me know. I'll buy it.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

If you're willing to ship, please let me know. I'll buy it.

Pinball Buying 101

I wasn't going to say anything but I figured I'd give you some help on how to buy a pinball machine when the seller doesn't want to ship it (which is the way the vast majority of sellers prefer to do things).

When a seller says he doesn't want to ship and specifies "pick up only" that means he doesn't want to build a crate and all the hassle of shipping a pinball machine to you.

However, most people don't have them shipped that way within the United States anyway. Primarily international sales require shipping.

If you really want this machine all you have to do is buy it and then arrange with Michelle Bianchi to go there and pick it up for you and have it delivered to your doorstep. That's how pinball machines are bought and sold in the United States if you can't go pick them up in person.

It doesn't get much easier than that (for all parties involved).

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Pinball Buying 101
I wasn't going to say anything but I figured I'd give you some help on how to buy a pinball machine when the seller doesn't want to ship it (which is the way the vast majority of sellers prefer to do things).
When a seller says he doesn't want to ship and specifies "pick up only" that means he doesn't want to build a crate and all the hassle of shipping a pinball machine to you.
However, most people don't have them shipped that way within the United States anyway. Primarily international sales require shipping.
If you really want this machine all you have to do is buy it and then arrange with Michelle Bianchi to go there and pick it up for you and have it delivered to your doorstep. That's how pinball machines are bought and sold in the United States if you can't go pick them up in person.

I'm new to the hobby, so thanks for the advice.

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Pinball Buying 101

I hate that option because I'm CHEAP ! NAVL is my last resort. But if a guy can break it down and at least put it on a pallet and shrink wrap it I can arrange the rest. $150 vs $425 is a major difference. But I also realize that many don't have the resources or live in a cul de sac in the "burbs" and have an air conditioned job behind a desk and can't wipe their own ass. No offense to you people that I just ousted !

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I hate that option because I'm CHEAP ! NAVL is my last resort. But if a guy can break it down and at least put it on a pallet and shrink wrap it I can arrange the rest. $150 vs $425 is a major difference. But I also realize that many don't have the resources or live in a cul de sac in the "burbs" and have an air conditioned job behind a desk and can't wipe their own ass. No offense to you people that I just ousted !

Enough banter about my air conditioned job, back to revealing the next titles coming out from Stern!

#9 7 years ago

What is the price range for a nice 8 ball deluxe these days?

#10 7 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I hate that option because I'm CHEAP ! NAVL is my last resort. But if a guy can break it down and at least put it on a pallet and shrink wrap it I can arrange the rest. $150 vs $425 is a major difference.

While that option is cheaper it still involves the seller packing the thing up and then dropping it off at a trucking company. Then the buyer has to go to the trucking terminal in their town and pick it up.

The STI option is basically a "white gloves" door to door option where neither party is required to do anything. It also satisfies the "pick up only" sales option when stated like this one is. To a lot of people it's worth the extra $200 or so.

This machine looks like it is probably worth the price. I doubt it will last long. Especially since there doesn't seem to be too many that have come up for sale lately.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

What is the price range for a nice 8 ball deluxe these days?

Depends on the level of quality and which model you are referring to overall.
Range varies between, $800-8000, which on the high end is a full blown restoration with a NOS playfield, plastics, parts, and complete cabinet restencil.
The low end is a function game, but has severe cosmetic issues on the playfield, cabinet, and backglass.
It is possible to go into the $400-500 dollar range, but it is going to need a lot work, and electronics are going to need repair, and probably is incomplete.
This is also normally a EBD LE model.

Keep in mind, the extreme end of the sales, is very rare and stupid...
I have even seen a couple of original 1981 games go HIGHER than that (close to $10K), but somebody must have REALLY wanted that game. Absolutely ridiculous.
I recently was offered an insane amount of money from a potential buyer on my fully repainted and colored EBD "Classic" that I built from a wired playfield.
The game is not for sale, but I may bring it to a show in the future, if I decide to bring it out of storage.

See the EBD owner thread for consideration of other details regarding the different versions and prices, if you want to "get in the groove".
I still remember when 1981 EBDs was stacked 10X high (cabinets offset back and forth horizontally) in warehouses, just waiting for a "rainy day restorations" by brokers.
I need to find that photo, it was a forklift ballet dance, and dangerous, but the games were stacked up against other games.

It always has amazed me that the original Eight Ball is not as well liked (today...), because it has nearly the same level of quality in terms of shot challenge, and nearly equal in artwork for plastics and backglass.
A fully restored EB (Bally, 1977) version with a NOS playfield, backglass, and re stenciled cabinet averages between $2000-3000.
Playfield swap outs are expensive to do (between $1000-2000), even though this game is rather simple in comparison to most late model games.
A nice example will run around $1000-1200, and it is solid state...

#12 7 years ago

Next time you should probably just keep on not saying anything...

Quoted from Gatecrasher:

Pinball Buying 101

I can disagree with nearly every single sentence in your post. You are assuming a lot here.

On this point specifically-->"When a seller says he doesn't want to ship and specifies "pick up only" that means he doesn't want to build a crate and all the hassle of shipping a pinball machine to you."

I personally don't ship for MANY OTHER reasons. I actually like to build things like crates and things out of recycled crates and I do it for free quite often because I think it's fun.

The reasons I do not ship pins or arcades:
1. Because it makes it nearly impossible to pay with, or accept cash.
2. I don't ship as a buyer or seller is because I believe that the RIGHT way to sell or buy a pin is to inspect it in person to confirm the condition for BOTH PARTIES involved in the transaction.
3. I don't ship because the ONLY time I EVER shipped a machine (using the EXACT resources stated in this thread) the guys that picked it up, opened it, drove it back to their shipping office, played a dozen games on it, and then left the balls in the machine before repacking it back up and then delivering it to the customer. THAT will never happen again on my dime. Ended up destroying the play field.

So please don't cast a net like, "This is the reason people don't want to ship machines."

I believe, more often than not, the main reason that people don't ship (myself included) is because they only prefer to buy and sell with cash.

I feel like you are spreading some bad advice and information here. That is all. Carry on.

An unrestored EBD (from 1981) should be 1000-3500 depending on condition. Condition matters a LOT on this title's price. 3500 is about the most for which I've seen an unrestored one recently sell.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I'm new to the hobby, so thanks for the advice.

Priceless response, I nearly spit my coffee all over my laptop.

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Next time you should probably just keep on not saying anything...

I can disagree with nearly every single sentence in your post. You are assuming a lot here.
On this point specifically-->"When a seller says he doesn't want to ship and specifies "pick up only" that means he doesn't want to build a crate and all the hassle of shipping a pinball machine to you."
I personally don't ship for MANY OTHER reasons. I actually like to build things like crates and things out of recycled crates and I do it for free quite often because I think it's fun.
The reasons I do not ship pins or arcades:
1. Because it makes it nearly impossible to pay with, or accept cash.
2. I don't ship as a buyer or seller is because I believe that the RIGHT way to sell or buy a pin is to inspect it in person to confirm the condition for BOTH PARTIES involved in the transaction.
3. I don't ship because the ONLY time I EVER shipped a machine (using the EXACT resources stated in this thread) the guys that picked it up, opened it, drove it back to their shipping office, played a dozen games on it, and then left the balls in the machine before repacking it back up and then delivering it to the customer. THAT will never happen again on my dime. Ended up destroying the play field.
So please don't cast a net like, "This is the reason people don't want to ship machines."
I believe, more often than not, the main reason that people don't ship (myself included) is because they only prefer to buy and sell with cash.
I feel like you are spreading some bad advice and information here. That is all. Carry on.
An unrestored EBD (from 1981) should be 1000-3500 depending on condition. Condition matters a LOT on this title's price. 3500 is about the most for which I've seen an unrestored one recently sell.

I don't think I'm spreading bad advice. As long as a buyer does their homework, transactions like this can be very succesfull. You are the one who seems to be stereotyping every buyer and seller on here as being dishonest. I don't think that's the case here. This seller appears to be legit.

You also seem to claim the using STI is a bad idea. I disagree and have used Michelle Bianchi for many years now.

There are a lot of Pinside members who buy machines using STI to transport them. Hundreds of them. It's a good option. You should try it some time if you ever come across any seller you feel you can trust [if that is possible after doing your due diligence prior to purchasing the machine].

I understand why some like you will never trust anyone and that's your prerogative but you shouldn't paint this seller or potential buyers as crooks or others as being stupid simply because you don't agree with them.

Besides, the focus of my response was on a seller not being willing to ship a machine as a deal-breaker vs having STI come pick it up.

In either case the buyer isn't going to be there in person. It's simply an option for the buyer to complete the same deal.

#15 7 years ago

Stereotyping as dishonest? Where did that happen? I just gave my reasoning for the way I conduct business. I feel it is a common way to approach transactions in this hobby. Most buyers I've dealt with (75%) always buy with cash.

You're the one suggesting all Pinsiders do or don't ship for one specific reason. That makes no sense.

I'm not suggesting anything about any one specific machine, service, or a specific Pinsider at all. I had a bad experience with a business and I act accordingly moving forward. I haven't had any problems buying or selling 90+ pins locally in the last 13 years. Since 2004 I've NEVER used any shipping service, and I don't see any reason to change now.

Shipping has nothing to do with trust. Think "preference", not "prejudice".

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Since 2004 I've NEVER used any shipping service, and I don't see any reason to change now.
Shipping has nothing to do with trust. Think "preference", not "prejudice".

That was my point. Most sellers don't want the hassles of shipping like making crates, driving to trucking companies, etc. It's not because they are prejudice or anything like that.

That's why I don't offer shipping when I sell machines. Even though I have a cargo van I don't want to be lugging the thing around but if the buyer wants to schedule a pick-up using STI I don't object as long as their payment has cleared.

So for the potential buyer in this thread who stated he'd buy the machine if the seller offered shipping, there is another fairly attractive option for him if he really wants it bad enough and the seller agrees to it. Hundreds of us Pinsiders utilize STI every year for the exact purpose.

A seller specifying that he wouldn't ship never stopped me from buying it using STI if I wanted the machine bad enough.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

It always has amazed me that the original Eight Ball is not as well liked (today...), because it has nearly the same level of quality in terms of shot challenge, and nearly equal in artwork for plastics and backglass.
A fully restored EB (Bally, 1977) version with a NOS playfield, backglass, and re stenciled cabinet averages between $2000-3000.
Playfield swap outs are expensive to do (between $1000-2000), even though this game is rather simple in comparison to most late model games.
A nice example will run around $1000-1200, and it is solid state...

Drop targets are much more fun than stand ups and rollovers. Inline drops are even better! I like both games but EBD is way ahead of EB. However, the EB back glass kills EBD. Aayyyyyyy!

#18 7 years ago

Nice looking ebd glws

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 149.95
Boards
Allteksystems

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 859.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-eight-ball-deluxe-bally-1980-1983 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.