Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 27 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

79A262A2-DEEB-45A5-8EA3-40A8584431BA (resized).jpeg
24EE4C3F-D441-4B44-8CFB-2861EB80CE57 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6878 2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6876 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6875 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6874 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6873 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6872 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6871 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6870 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6869 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6866 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6868 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6865 (resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 1 year ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 1,289 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

For sale: Eight Ball Champ INCREDIBLE shape -RARE 1500 made

Added: April 6th, 2018 Re-listed: 1 time (May 20th, 2018) Ended: October 3rd, 2018
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Item description

(new lower price! Right at Pinside recommend value.)

If you have been looking for an Eight Ball Champ... this is the one you want!

Low production of only 1500

Clean! Low plays. Original board set. No smoking home. All switches working. Plays perfectly. Perfect back glass. Fantastic playfield and plastics. Clearly this girl got very little play. Still has its original Bally coils, get this it has Bally flipper coils and they are still strong... amazing!

The photos say more than I ever could. I just picked this gem up and have not even touched it. Expect it to look even better after you properly clean and waxed her.

What needs done:
She has no battery acid leakage but that battery obviously needs to be removed and replaced. And although fully functional, if I were keeping her I would replace all caps since the original caps from this era are all past their prime. Then I would imagine a scan of the board pins and possibly a solder reflow here or there.

The only negative I see was a loss of decal / paint on one corner (which is mostly hidden by where that leg attaches). only very very minimum playfield wear as seen in the pics.

Saw almost no play in the past two decades (in the same VERY nice home for the past 20+ years)

No one does a pinball walk through like Todd Tuckey so here is him going over a Eight Ball Champ :

Item photos

IMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6853 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6852 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6855 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6851 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6856 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6857 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6858 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6862 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6863 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6864 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6865 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6868 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6866 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6867 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6869 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6870 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6871 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6872 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6873 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6874 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6875 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6876 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6878 2 (resized).jpeg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Lexington, KY, US

Seller insights

These are wantdataeast's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to wantdataeast's stats page

#2 1 year ago

Oh WOW!!! Did you say very rare?? But,If it is in perfect shape why does it need no caps??

[comment removed]

#3 1 year ago

I like how you set up this ad with Todd Tuckeys youtube video. Informative to anyone who knows nothing about this title. Glws
-Mike

#4 1 year ago

I'll give this thread a pump. 8 Ball Champ is a ton of fun, it's the sequel to 8 ball deluxe, and while I don't think it's quite as good overall as 8ballD, I found it was just as fun. I just hate the fiber board cab and 6803 board set, but you take the good with the bad, and this is an excellent game. If you were closer, well....you know the rest.

GLWTS!

1 week later
#5 1 year ago

minor price reduction.

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from wantdataeast:

minor price reduction.

I think i might have a buyer for you...

#7 1 year ago

Always mentioned in your ads "Non smoking"Home..How do we know if maybe uncle bill came to that home and played the game while he smoked 7 packs of smokes

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from Grizlyrig:

I like how you set up this ad with Todd Tuckeys youtube video. Informative to anyone who knows nothing about this title. Glws
-Mike

Oh Yes,We all love his walk around

#9 1 year ago

The top half of the playfield is exactly the same as fathom. Fun game. I owned one for a while and enjoyed it. GLWS

#10 1 year ago

Oh NO!!! Fathom is whole different game and is AWESOME...This hunk of junk game in the ad is boring as hell..

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Oh WOW!!! Did you say very rare?? But,If it is in perfect shape why does it need no caps??
[comment removed]

Pinmike, welcome back to the thread... Did you enjoy your time away after the moderators threw you out of this thread and removed your comment? Try to be a good boy this time and follow the pinside rules and maybe you will not be publicly humiliated again.

And congratulation, of 9 comments so far on this thread over half of them are yours! You are winning! GO MIKE GO!!!!

(If anyone is curious about what it is like to live rent free in someones head... PM me.)

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Always mentioned in your ads "Non smoking"Home..How do we know if maybe uncle bill came to that home and played the game while he smoked 7 packs of smokes

And here we go..."Always mentioned in your ads"

See Mike, you gave up the game here. Your comments on this thread have zero to do with this 8BC game. Your referral to "ads" just confirm for some reason you do not like me so you waste your time, and everyone else stalking my ads so you can leave smart a** comments.

Pinside is not about that. We are suppose to be a community of fellow pinball enthusitists. It is about the games. Not some hate for each other. But you enjoy stalking my games sales ads, every time you leave a comment on one you bump it to the top. So thanks at least for that.

#13 1 year ago

Look here E.T. I think it's time for you to hop back in your blue magic ship and fly away

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

The top half of the playfield is exactly the same as fathom. ...

Nope, missing inline drops to start

2 weeks later
#18 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Oh NO!!! Fathom is whole different game and is AWESOME...This hunk of junk game in the ad is boring as hell..

Someone urinate in your Wheaties?
It’s called trolling. No one really like it.

#19 1 year ago

OP - why don't you package this super rare pin with your nearly "imamaculate" Baywatch you have listed and sell both for $5,149.99? Oh and ya might want to add "legs not included - you only need to buy 8" since both of these gems do not seem to have them.....

2 weeks later
#20 1 year ago

Eight Ball Chump

#21 1 year ago

Shots are pretty darn close to the same up top...the Champ is a decent game. GLWS

24EE4C3F-D441-4B44-8CFB-2861EB80CE57 (resized).jpeg

79A262A2-DEEB-45A5-8EA3-40A8584431BA (resized).jpeg

#22 1 year ago

Now onto the important question....

How many plays has it had in the past 12 years?

#23 1 year ago

Probably as few as the Baywatch... so I would guess 600-700

#24 1 year ago

Why do none of your photos show them on legs. Serious question. Seems harder to do it this way and probably not a good idea for the cabinet, but maybe I'm missing something

#25 1 year ago

He was being sarcastic. Nobody give a shit about how many plays in the last 12 years. That's like selling a 20 year old car with 300000 miles and saying it only had 20000 in the last 12 years so the first 280000 don't matter.

#26 1 year ago

Comparing this game to the Baywatch one which is nearing 600 posts and is still not sold might not be an ideal sales strategy chief.....but hey....I'm just spitballing......

#27 1 year ago

No legs on this one either?

#28 1 year ago

How did the cabinet get destroyed ?

#29 1 year ago

I've always never wanted this game. Good luck with the sale.

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from Banker:

How did the cabinet get destroyed ?

I think a large wrecking ball hit it. May have been a train. I am not for certain.

#31 1 year ago

Since I respect the Pinside price patrol so much. So I am going lower my price to the pinside recommend sales price of $1290 for this 8BC... no make that $1289.

There you go folks... The pinside estimated values of $1289 for an excellent example of this pin!

#32 1 year ago

. The pinside estimated values of $1289 for an excellent example of this pin!

That's fully shopped and working estimated value not I pulled it out of a basement and did nothing to it price.
Plus I love your line about all original coils. So what I have over 30 games and half are 80s or older. Most still have all there original coils.

#33 1 year ago

This is a very nice looking game. If you could ever trick yourself into wanting to play this game, this is an example of one you might want to play. Ewww.

#34 1 year ago

Man you have horrible marketing skills. This game doesn't look too terrible but you just ruin the sale being you.

#35 1 year ago

FWIW.. I sold one for $1200 in May. Took awhile to sell it too.

#36 1 year ago

Since I respect the Pinside price patrol so much. So I am going lower my price to the pinside recommend sales price of $1290 for this 8BC... no make that $1289.
There you go folks... The pinside estimated values of $1289 for an excellent example of this pin!

How much for the legs?

#37 1 year ago

most games have original coils still. if one goes bad is when its replaced. Pinside values are also not accurate (sorry mods) but they aren't. they don't reflect actual known for sure sales prices. A seller can say a game sold for "X" but it may not be true. thats how the "values" are determined.
some pinside prices are high, some are low, some are right on. i recall star gazer being under 1k (pinside value) for a long long time when they were selling for 2500 plus in the real world.

#38 1 year ago

$1289 is a fair asking price, just don't make it firm & let it go $1000-1100 IMO

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

most games have original coils still. if one goes bad is when its replaced. Pinside values are also not accurate (sorry mods) but they aren't. they don't reflect actual known for sure sales prices. A seller can say a game sold for "X" but it may not be true. thats how the "values" are determined.
some pinside prices are high, some are low, some are right on. i recall star gazer being under 1k (pinside value) for a long long time when they were selling for 2500 plus in the real world.

We have no input on what prices are listed. They are determined automatically from completed for-sale listings in the marketplace, so they are based on real sales. However, if it's a rare game with few actual sales, and there hasn't been a recent listing in a while, the price might seem a bit on the low side today. Or, if a game drops in desirability, like POTC and hobbit, it may take some time for the average price "catch up" to the current market price since games need to be sold in the marketplace for that price to be reflected.

4 weeks later
#40 1 year ago

No legs?

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside