View topic image gallery

Angry-baby-thank-you-meme-picture (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).PNG
Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 9.18.12 AM (resized).png
IMG_1625 (resized).jpg
IMG_1626 (resized).jpg
IMG_1628 (resized).jpg
IMG_1627 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

Recent Pinside archived sales do not support that this game is $3k. Most are around $2k +/- a few hundred.

#52 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

And his contact info is....?

I sent him this post he said he will chime in...
Joe

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from cyroute:

I sent him this post he said he will chime in...
Joe

Good thing he now knows Turbo2nr's plumped views on ES pricing.

#54 4 years ago

None of my system 11s are for sale but honestly for $3K I may change my mind.

I do love me some earthshaker. I had a sample and a regular production before. I miss it.

#55 4 years ago

This still aint sold???

$1300 and meet me half way in ohio?

#56 4 years ago

i'm guessing there are several people waiting for responses.

#57 4 years ago

Or it's sold and the guy just hasn't bothered to come back on here...

#58 4 years ago

can anyone confirm whether this pin is sold or not or a real posting or not?

#59 4 years ago

Or maybe the guy has a job and only logs on once a day unlike everyone else here.

#60 4 years ago

Or maybe OP read through this thread, reconsidered his price, and is now selling on another site for 3k.

Good job guys!

10k by Halloween

#61 4 years ago

So there is a Cyclone listed or 3k now. Crazy

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Or maybe the guy has a job and only logs on once a day unlike everyone else here.

every one checks pinside every 30min right guys.........

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

So there is a Cyclone listed or 3k now. Crazy

Suddenly ES is the steal of the century

#64 4 years ago

Big Hurt $2,500!
Get ya popcorn

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

And his contact info is....?

I've got that Earthshaker, pm me if interested

#66 4 years ago

Dodie is a newb with two posts and doesn’t even have time to chime in. Has anyone PMd this guy and even heard back?

#67 4 years ago

I did, no reply. Probably sold locally or at a higher offer

#68 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Blackbeard - bro.
Do me a favor - take your time machine and go back to 1998 where hopefully someone cares about you and your backwards way of thinking.
In 2019 we call you irrelevant.
In 1998 they just called you a loser.
Cheers bro

1998 they were $500-700 all day long.

Even 2009 ES was a $1000-1200 game.

it wasn't until recently you could even sell one close to 3.

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I traded mine a bit over a year ago for a No Fear. Both me and the other guy valued them around 2500 each. Kinda miss that ES though...

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

wish i was older/collecting in those days sounds likec a much simplier time in pinball history.

#71 4 years ago

I had a decent player's condition and sold for 3k a few months ago. Sold fast.

So dont even try and say it doesn't sell ar that price. It does, it did, amd it will again. Duh!

This year shows 2900, 3500, amd a crappy one sold with terrible playfield for 2200

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

wish i was older/collecting in those days sounds likec a much simplier time in pinball history.

I bought and sold a lot of games over the last 25 years. While you hear these great stories about cheap games, it was not as great as you think. I did buy whirlwinds, taxi, diner, etc. For a few hundred each. The down side was there were no parts. If you needed a plastic set, sorry. Playfield worn, oh well. One of the welds broke on any of the hundred metal pieces, take it to a welder and hope it looks good when he finishes. Batteries destroyed you CPU, hope you have a tech to fix it or your buying another game to strip for parts. Also remember, the internet was in early stages back then. You couldn't just run to google and search for a part.

#73 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

This year shows 2900, 3500, amd a crappy one sold with terrible playfield for 2200

You sure those “sales” weren’t marked sold elsewhere or not sold? Sold
Elsewhere usually means not sold.

Any pin will sell above the average. Happens all the time. And that price gets added into the average. Pinside lists average sales between 1800-2200 last I looked.

For those that understand pricing and have been in the hobby long enough know es is a 2-2500 pin. On average.

All you continue to do is plump the price of a mid level system 11 pin. This is how pricing gets skewed. This is why you’re now being thrown an offer for a new es at likely 3k.

If you think es is 3k+, what do you think ww goes for?

#74 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

For those that understand pricing and have been in the hobby long enough know es is a 2-2500 pin. On average.

I agree with this. Earthshaker is one of those pins where a super nice one will go high (probably even to $3K) but most of them are blown out. Of course restored or semi restored games are a different story. The backglass is beautiful but most of them have wear. Mylared playfields took lots of wear in the non mylared areas and most non mylared playfields are destroyed. I am always looking for ES as I love system 11 so I try to stay current on the market for it. The price, like the price of all other system 11s, is on the rise for sure though.

#75 4 years ago

A price discussion?!?!

How refreshing!

#76 4 years ago

Pinside average price is going to be wrong for games that are moving in value (up or down). It seems the algorithm doesn't do a great job of throwing out old sales. For example, High Speed is not a $1200 game anymore, and Monster Bash (original) is not a $9000 game. System 11 games in general are on an upward trajectory, while 90's DMD titles are holding.

#77 4 years ago

OK, it's time to put an end to these boring daily threads once and for all.

Here's how you come up with the more or less hobby price value on a pinball machine:

Google the name of the pin as "X for sale."

The first hit will be a retail for sale ad by The Pinball Company.

Split that in half.

There ya go.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here's how you come up with the more or less hobby price value on a pinball machine:
Split that in half.
There ya go.

Not far off. TAF needs to be $12,000 to support this idea.

Screen Shot 2019-06-26 at 9.18.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-06-26 at 9.18.12 AM (resized).png
#79 4 years ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I had a decent player's condition and sold for 3k a few months ago. Sold fast.
So dont even try and say it doesn't sell ar that price. It does, it did, amd it will again. Duh!

Nothing surprises me any more. The thing that I don't understand is how someone could drop close to 3K on an Earthshaker when there are much better sys 11 games out there for less. Earthshaker has always been a so-so title.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Split that in half.
There ya go.

Its even worse in the UK

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#81 4 years ago

ES or WW for 3k??

ES or Diner for 3k??

ES or Transporter for 3k??

Hmmm...

#82 4 years ago

You won’t get a decent WW for 3k.

#83 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

ES or WW for 3k??
ES or Diner for 3k??
ES or Transporter for 3k??
Hmmm...

3k<Diner>WW>ES>Transporter...

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

3k&lt;Diner&gt;WW&gt;ES&gt;Transporter...

I'd agree with more, but imo transporter is more expensive than ES AND a way better game.

I rank these:

WW
Diner
Trans

ES

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

Pinphila has sold like 2 in the last few months for under 3k.

And both were above average.

#86 4 years ago

Not true

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Pinphila has sold like 2 in the last few months for under 3k.
And both were above average.

The last one sold by Pinphila was stated to have a cracked ramp, needs rubbers and several broken plastics and was firm at $2750.

I guess we disagree on what constitutes a “decent” Whirlwind. Mine has full LEDs, nice playfield, new plastics, 100% working and you would not touch it for $3k.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I'd agree with more, but imo transporter is more expensive than ES AND a way better game.
I rank these:
WW
Diner
Trans
ES

Haha, I messed that all up as I posted from a phone:

SHOULD BE THIS:

3k>Diner>WW>ES>Transporter.

I say that because I HATE Transporter. I've played one extensively, and even after getting proficient at it for league purposes, it was never "fun" for me. It's a two shot game: Drops, ramp. Repeat. (Yes, the same could be said about basically every system 11 game) The only reason it commands "decent" money, is because it's "rare". I like to remind people that often times things are rare for a reason.

#89 4 years ago
Quoted from pinplayerinva:

Big Hurt $2,500!
Get ya popcorn

I wouldn't sell my Big Hurt for $2500. That is one packed game and I don't know what I'd replace it with for $2500 that gives me all those features and fun.

#90 4 years ago

I wanted to say, "Thanks!" to Mr. Doodie for acknowledging all his PMs and for posting here that this is sold.

Same with the fellow that bought it. Really, thanks guys!

Angry-baby-thank-you-meme-picture (resized).jpgAngry-baby-thank-you-meme-picture (resized).jpg
#91 4 years ago

Deleted.

#92 4 years ago

So, sold in less than 48 hours yet was wildly overpriced according to some...gotcha.

Where did ANYONE say this is overpriced?

The argument was whether ES is a 3k+ pin.

Go back and read through the thread before commenting next time.

#93 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Where did ANYONE say this is overpriced?
The argument was whether ES is a 3k+ pin.
Go back and read through the thread before commenting next time.

Which is why I drained the post a few seconds after I wrote it and reread the thread. Your Pinside ninja skills are impressive though, must have replied within 60 seconds of my post. Carry on.

#94 4 years ago

You wouldn't get $3k from me for a "decent" WW. And my buddy just sold a pretty nice ES for $2450.

#95 4 years ago

Alright.

Who's the new owner?

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from Leeb18509:

You wouldn't get $3k from me for a "decent" WW. And my buddy just sold a pretty nice ES for $2450.

What you would pay for a pin and what it is worth are two separate things. I wouldn’t pay $6k for TAF, doesn’t mean it isn’t worth that.

And I’m glad your buddy sold a nice ES for $2450, makes my $2350 purchase with sinking building mod even better!

#97 4 years ago

Which is why I drained the post a few seconds after I wrote it and reread the thread. Your Pinside ninja skills are impressive though, must have replied within 60 seconds of my post. Carry on.

I think the $2K was a good deal. I thought I’d mention though that when you drain a post only you can’t see it. All the rest of us still can. Just a heads up

So, sold in less than 48 hours yet was wildly overpriced according to some...gotcha.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from jmountjoy111:

I think the $2K was a good deal. I thought I’d mention though that when you drain a post only you can’t see it. All the rest of us still can. Just a heads up

I did not realize that, I thought the post was deleted. My mistake. It has been removed.

#99 4 years ago

I did not realize that, I thought the post was deleted. My mistake.

No problem, most people don’t. Just wanted to let you know. It won’t even let you delete the post altogether for some reason. I always just go back and erase all the words in edit.

$2350 for a nice ES with a sinking building is a good deal. I wish I had my sample back. Such a good game and I love the music and callouts

#100 4 years ago

What you would pay for a pin and what it is worth are two separate things. I wouldn’t pay $6k for TAF, doesn’t mean it isn’t worth that.
And I’m glad your buddy sold a nice ES for $2450, makes my $2350 purchase with sinking building mod even better!

Nice, I snagged a Taxi for $1800 recently as well. It's like 2016 all over again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RRB Crafts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Other
System-J

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 120 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-earthshaker-36/page/2?hl=freeplay3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.