image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Absolutely hideous.

My eyes, they burn.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Nice looking restore!

Anyone looking at buying this *restore* needs to look at the closeup of the inserts in front of the time expander. For being clear-coated there appears to have been a lot of insert wear that was touched up with a paint pen or sharpie.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I'm not a playfield expert by any stretch of the imagination, but for the life of me i don't see playfield touch up with a sharpie. Where are you talking about?

Pull up the picture of the red squares in front of the time expander ie the image of the ramp entrance. Zoom in on the image. You will notice a couple of things. The inserts have either raised or sunken at some point. This has caused jagged cracks to form around all of the inserts. This was left for awhile and has worn away some of the paint/clear. This is why you get flecks of wood around the insert. The *restorer* in this case leveled the inserts and then took a paint pen / sharpie and went around the inserts before clearing over it.

How can you tell? Because there is a black that doesn't match the playfield around the inserts. It is darker than the playfield. It is also not uniform. I am assuming it was cleared over because the op says the pf was clearcoated.

It isn't a bad playfield, but the op is asking well more than double what a decent DW goes for. It is also a bit of a hack that 95 percent of pinheads can't fix.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Ding, you are a perfect example of how pinside has went to shit. A bunch of people that only want to point out the negatives. There were touch ups, there is some ghosting, I know it wasn't a sharpie. Any other issues?? Piss off

Seller asks over double the going rate for a machine he *restored*. Doesn't like when someone points out the flaws. If anyone else wants to receive passive aggressive pms from the seller by all means buy this.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I have had pfs done by most big big names in the hobby and can always see exactly where the touch ups were. Plain and simple...it was a used pf that had a few very small touch ups and unless you are inspecting with a magnifying glass will not be visible.
The ghosting....that is horrible and exactly why I listed it and pointed it out!

You said ghosting, not this playfield had insert wear / chipping. As for the big names in the hobby let's see what a Kruzman playfield looks like next to yours. I've seen his work first hand and there is a reason people pay big bucks to have him restore a playfield. He doesn't exactly rely on sharpies.

A tip.. You are free to ask whatever you like for your machine, but you posted a for sale thread. We are just as free to comment on it. If you want people to leave you alone stop trying to defend your work. Acknowledge the issues and hope a buyer ponies up for your price. If you don't want cirticism don't post for sale ads or stop trying to get the moon for your game. If this was priced 2k less hardly anyone would care about your clearcoat job.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

£ 110.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 79.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dung.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-doctor-who-bally-1992-1996?tu=dung and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.