Topic Stats

• 73 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 13 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

ec79bbe93b5f5fe3116188e0ffcd28f00bbf9696_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 4,500

for sale

For sale: Doctor Who (Bally, 1992)

Added: February 3rd, 2016 Ended: February 4th, 2016
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

Item description

Selling off my collection, all games are OBO

Fully restored with the following upgrades/items completed

Pf clear coated(was nice original and unfortunately has a few inserts ghosting which I will show)
Cabinet redecaled
Yellow powder coating
Color dmd
New ramps
New star post
New opto boards in mini pf
flipper bats and rebuilds
New pop bumper parts
LED's
restoration decal set
Mirror blades(not yet installed)
Translight does have a couple spots/damage
definitely more added cant recall right now

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Omaha, NE, US

Seller insights

These are Pinballer22's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to Pinballer22's stats page

#2 4 years ago

Here are some, currently has eos credit dot I will look into

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#3 4 years ago

Lmk if more are needed or pm for any additional questions

#5 4 years ago

Gotta have a nice shooter lane pic

#6 4 years ago

Wish you were closer - Bump

#7 4 years ago

Wow. Nice game.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My god is that yellow trim ugly.

No. And don't call me your God

#10 4 years ago

Cliffy's at Time Expander and at the O ramp.
Cliffy (or perhaps Titan?) post sleeves.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My god is that yellow trim ugly.

Absolutely hideous.

#13 4 years ago

Thanks dirk and Levi, now go sh*t somewhere else

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from fattdirk:

Absolutely hideous.

My eyes, they burn.

#15 4 years ago

Interesting choice for powder color.... would have thought blue was more of a key color.

#16 4 years ago

The yellow trim won't be for everyone, but it will be for someone. And that thing is unsane clean, holy cow, I'd eat a meal off the inside of the cabinet! Nice looking restore!

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Nice looking restore!

Anyone looking at buying this *restore* needs to look at the closeup of the inserts in front of the time expander. For being clear-coated there appears to have been a lot of insert wear that was touched up with a paint pen or sharpie.

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

For being clear-coated there appears to have been a lot of insert wear that was touched up with a paint pen or sharpie.

I'm not a playfield expert by any stretch of the imagination, but for the life of me i don't see playfield touch up with a sharpie. Where are you talking about?

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from bbaker2824:

I'm not a playfield expert by any stretch of the imagination, but for the life of me i don't see playfield touch up with a sharpie. Where are you talking about?

Pull up the picture of the red squares in front of the time expander ie the image of the ramp entrance. Zoom in on the image. You will notice a couple of things. The inserts have either raised or sunken at some point. This has caused jagged cracks to form around all of the inserts. This was left for awhile and has worn away some of the paint/clear. This is why you get flecks of wood around the insert. The *restorer* in this case leveled the inserts and then took a paint pen / sharpie and went around the inserts before clearing over it.

How can you tell? Because there is a black that doesn't match the playfield around the inserts. It is darker than the playfield. It is also not uniform. I am assuming it was cleared over because the op says the pf was clearcoated.

It isn't a bad playfield, but the op is asking well more than double what a decent DW goes for. It is also a bit of a hack that 95 percent of pinheads can't fix.

#20 4 years ago

Ding, you are a perfect example of how pinside has went to shit. A bunch of people that only want to point out the negatives. There were touch ups, there is some ghosting, I know it wasn't a sharpie. Any other issues?? Piss off

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Ding, you are a perfect example of how pinside has went to shit. A bunch of people that only want to point out the negatives. There were touch ups, there is some ghosting, I know it wasn't a sharpie. Any other issues?? Piss off

Just use the ignore button. Some people get angry that others have nicer things then they do.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Seller asks over double the going rate for a machine he *restored*. Doesn't like when someone points out the flaws. If anyone else wants to receive passive aggressive pms from the seller by all means buy this.

#23 4 years ago

This is probably why he is getting out of the hobby. LOL

In all honesty man, you have a really nice collection. GLW all your sales.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Seller asks over double the going rate for a machine he *restored*. Doesn't like when someone points out the flaws. If anyone else wants to receive passive aggressive pms from the seller by all means buy this.

These are flaws that should be noted. Maybe the seller will notify the buyer of these when they talk more in depth. The green inserts have the same problem.

#25 4 years ago

In the add the very first thing I pointed out was the insert ghosting issue. Yes, it is there and would always tell/show a possible buyer. This is why I specifically showed it in the pictures.
As for over double...not sure that is accurate but everyone has their opinions. I have a nice unshopped one I bet would bring good money and take a lot of time and money to get to this point.
Probably will just pull color dmd and sell it on the side and lower the price. Then it is definitely under double

#26 4 years ago

Forgot to add to list it has new opto boards in mini pf as well

#27 4 years ago

Pinballer22 is a great guy who has always sold great games. Buy with confidence as he's is always fair.

#28 4 years ago

Pinballer22 is one of the most honest sellers on pinside, period. He takes close ups of any flaws and will tell you about them up front. He won't take pics deliberately avoiding bad areas like so many people I've dealt with do. Buy with confidence! Great seller!

Dung comes off as someone who is pissed because he can't afford nice games like these apparently. He's a negative asshole in all of pinballer22's for sale threads? Wtf?

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Dung comes off as someone who is pissed because he can't afford nice games like these apparently.

I don't doubt pinballer is a great dude and an honest guy...but give me a break with that garbage.

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't doubt pinballer is a great dude and an honest guy...but give me a break with that garbage.

Ya I said he comes off as that, not that he is that. I don't know the guy.

And don't call me garbage

#31 4 years ago

OBO....I like the yellow.

#32 4 years ago

Funny. It's always the same people saying something negative on people's FS threads.
I always make a note of these people so I remember to never do business with them.

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

Pinballer22 is one of the most honest sellers on pinside, period. He takes close ups of any flaws and will tell you about them up front. He won't take pics deliberately avoiding bad areas like so many people I've dealt with do. Buy with confidence! Great seller!
Dung comes off as someone who is pissed because he can't afford nice games like these apparently. He's a negative asshole in all of pinballer22's for sale threads? Wtf?

Not just pinballer22s threads, in many he is a negative a$$hole.

#34 4 years ago

Wow!!
It's soooo...
Yellow!

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Leechman:

While he may be an honest person, many here seem to find his price laughable. Simply noting the flaws doesn't make the game worth thousands more than a game without those flaws.

Dung comes off that way, but he's a good guy to deal with, and he can absolutely afford nice games. He had the nicest Pinball Magic I've seen, and he did the restoration himself. He acts like a troll, but he's good people, and he has a point regarding the condition of this game.

#36 4 years ago

On a side note, all these games you have for sale look really nice.
GLWS

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

For the price being asked, potential buyers should have any and all information they can get regarding the game. By posting it here and creating a discussion thread, you invite discussion. The touchup is indeed present and was not mentioned in your description, just the ghosting. Would you prefer a buyer purchase this machine not knowing about the touch-ups? Or do you want fully-informed buyers?

#38 4 years ago

GLWS I like the yellow

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

For the price being asked, potential buyers should have any and all information they can get regarding the game. By posting it here and creating a discussion thread, you invite discussion. The touchup is indeed present and was not mentioned in your description, just the ghosting. Would you prefer a buyer purchase this machine not knowing about the touch-ups? Or do you want fully-informed buyers?

What part of OBO are you guys not understanding? If Dung recognized this from the pics presented than anyone can. It's not like it's one picture from 10 feet away.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

If Dung recognized this from the pics presented than anyone can.

No...that actually isn't how it works.

Quoted from bbaker2824:

THis is like 10 posts above...try reading the entire thread before jumping in to bitch.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No...that actually isn't how it works.

THis is like 10 posts above...try reading the entire thread before jumping in to bitch.

What ya drinking tonight?

#42 4 years ago

In any case, thanks for posting pictures of a Doctor Who with yellow powder coating.
Kind of like the rails and legs, less thrilled about the Coin door.

Dr Who is a game with a great layout (love Barry Oursler!) that would be even better with a small code change to balance scoring!

#43 4 years ago

I came in here thinking WOW this must be the cherriest Dr Who ever!

I just go now.

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I came in here thinking WOW this must be the cherriest Dr Who ever!
I just go now.

Aside from some insert ghosting it's a really nice looking game. It's clean. Very clean.

I personally think the hardware package looks fine but that's easy stuff to swap.

#45 4 years ago

Not a fan of the yellow. But still a nice job. No wobble head? The price for me is way too much but hey, what do I know. GLWS

#46 4 years ago

Ok... I'm looking at pics on my phone so i had to really zoom in to see the area your talking about. That part wouldn't bother me. The ghosting would though. My game had that and I swapped the playfield because of it. Still a really nice game.

#47 4 years ago

Anyone that every has a pf cleared will quickly realize if it is a used pf there will be some sort of touch up need and usually around inserts. When you take a close up picture with a flash you will be able to see the touch ups....my 2 cents for the idiots out there.

I have had pfs done by most big big names in the hobby and can always see exactly where the touch ups were. Plain and simple...it was a used pf that had a few very small touch ups and unless you are inspecting with a magnifying glass will not be visible.

The ghosting....that is horrible and exactly why I listed it and pointed it out!

I plan on removing the color dmd and swapping back in the good used ramps and maybe a few other things and lowering the price.

Why have I been staying clear of pinside......oh wait this is why....people have ruined what was a good forum/hobby

#48 4 years ago

Some would say people throwing a bunch of garish crap over their mediocre-condish B-list WPC titles and creating a fractured and bizarre market by asking north of $5,000 for them has ruined the good forum/hobby. But you know what they say about opinions...

#49 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

I have had pfs done by most big big names in the hobby and can always see exactly where the touch ups were. Plain and simple...it was a used pf that had a few very small touch ups and unless you are inspecting with a magnifying glass will not be visible.
The ghosting....that is horrible and exactly why I listed it and pointed it out!

You said ghosting, not this playfield had insert wear / chipping. As for the big names in the hobby let's see what a Kruzman playfield looks like next to yours. I've seen his work first hand and there is a reason people pay big bucks to have him restore a playfield. He doesn't exactly rely on sharpies.

A tip.. You are free to ask whatever you like for your machine, but you posted a for sale thread. We are just as free to comment on it. If you want people to leave you alone stop trying to defend your work. Acknowledge the issues and hope a buyer ponies up for your price. If you don't want cirticism don't post for sale ads or stop trying to get the moon for your game. If this was priced 2k less hardly anyone would care about your clearcoat job.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Some would say people throwing a bunch of garish crap over their mediocre-condish B-list WPC titles and creating a fractured and bizarre market by asking north of $5,000 for them has ruined the good forum/hobby. But you know what they say about opinions...

If you don't like the way he did his pin up, fine. But to be so hostile in your commentary is unnecessary dude.

If he wants to ask a premium, let him. He's clearly looking for a specific buyer.

Christ, cut the guy some slack.

There are 73 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside