DSCF9142 (resized).JPG
DSCF9141 (resized).JPG
DSCF9140 (resized).JPG
DSCF9139 (resized).JPG
DSCF9138 (resized).JPG
DSCF9137 (resized).JPG
DSCF9136 (resized).JPG
DSCF9135 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#2 7 years ago

Nice color on the cab. Decals or original silk screen?

#4 7 years ago

You are breaking down the time expander? Make sure it is level when you reinstall, otherwise it becomes a rather irritating issue.

Great and unique game with one of the best toys ever in pinball. I'm really curious to hear what this one sells for, I think it is priced right.

1 week later
#43 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

When comparing it to the car hobby this one is a survivor not restored ("lipstick on a pig"). Not knocking high end restorations - but anyone with money can buy a fully restored machine that looks new. But a super nice all original machine just doesn't come up for sale often at any price.

The pinball hobby has never valued original conditioned games, it's different from the arcade hobby and car hobby. Pinball is more like a pimp my ride kind of hobby and restores will always have more value than good conditioned originals (there are many reasons for this I could identify).

All that said, I think your game is in really good condition and it will sell at your price eventually. It's just not a quick sale at the price you are seeking.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Priced right it would sell quickly. Remember its got fade on both sides, head is all chipped. up, mini playfield is chipped, game needs a good buff and is dirty, lockdown has lock rot, Could be a nice game but the way it sits its a players condition game

The cabinet appears to have very little fade (compared to most WMS machines of the time). My true single owner HUO DW I've had since 1992 has far more substantial fade. Also, I don't think this example has much playfield damage as it doesn't look like it had many plays - the inland rollover switches are in perfect shape and those are often beat up prettt bad on this game. The shooter lane hasn't seen much action.

The mini playfield area will always be chewed up on DW. Even on a restored DW one ball shot that gets caught in the time expander can cause a chip. I clear coated mine and it has stopped it from doing it. His game could use a nice wax job, but that Diamond Plated playfield is tough and it would polish up nicely.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from too-many-pins:

And personally I am not an LED guy either.

DW looks great with incandescent lighting effects. I actually only changed out mine so it would blend in better with the rest of my collection in the line but I liked the look of incandescent bulbs on this game (similar to BSD and LOTR).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

£ 110.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-doctor-who-8?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.