Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.
Added: June 3rd, 2019
Ended: June 25th, 2019
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished
For Sale: A nicely refurbished Bally Doctor Who. A full tear-down, bulletproofing, and extensive shop job, was just completed - the game looks great, and plays 100%.
The work completed is as follows:
The Mini-Playfield was completely removed and all of these, traditionally problematic, systems were gone through, cleaned, and repaired/adjusted as needed (see-below);
- All-new Marco mini-playfield motor/gearbox was installed;
- A new 5-bank opto emitter board was installed (the new receiver board is included with the sale, but was not needed/installed)
- All Bulbs/flashers replaced with new Comet LED's: cool-white in the GI/flashers & color matched 2 (or 4 for in darker colors) SMD non-ghosting premium bulbs in the inserts;
- New game specific "police box" vertical up-hole kicker (VUK) and coil sleeve installed;
- The usually problematic female GI connector on the interconnect board was replaced w/new;
- New Williams logo lower flipper bats installed;
- MPU mounted batteries removed, and a remote holder/new batteries installed;
- Complete top-side teardown - all posts soaked/hand-scrubbed;
- Playfield extensively cleaned, polished, and waxed;
- All new black rubber kit installed;
- Three new balls installed;
- New black nylon leg protectors & leg levelers included (not yet installed);
- All game fuses replaced with new, correct value/burn type;
- New grounded cord plug installed;
- New custom instruction/price cards installed.
Please review the pictures for additional condition details and don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, or if you would like to see supplementary photos with any specific detail. The playfield is very nice and vibrant on this example; however, and rather unfortunately, some flipper swipe wear is present near the lower right bat (assuming the bushing was out of it at some point in its routed life). The cabinet shows fade, and the original Dalek topper dome is missing.
The game is located in Central Pennsylvania, just off I-80. Pickup is highly preferred, but shipping is not out of the question if the buyer makes all arraignments, and payment-in-full has cleared my account before the game leaves my possession. I can also recommend a very reasonable amusements shipper I use, and have had good luck with, who can usually move pins to most any door east of the Mississippi for ~$275.
Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!
The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.