20160425_183701_(resized).jpg
20160425_183656_(resized).jpg
20160425_183652_(resized).jpg
20160425_183648_(resized).jpg
20160425_183642_(resized).jpg
20160425_183623_(resized).jpg
20160425_183632_(resized).jpg
20160425_183616_(resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Diner (Williams, 1990)

Added: 2016-04-26 00:08:59 UTC • Ended: April 28th, 2016
Condition: Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean

Price

$ 2,300

Up for Grabs is a hu for the last 20 yrs Williams Diner pinball. Mylar is in great shape with very few flaws. To come take a look at it call or text ###-###-#### [phone number removed]. I will not hold and do not want to trade anything first cash in hand walks away with it

Item photos

20160425_183616_(resized).jpg
20160425_183632_(resized).jpg
20160425_183623_(resized).jpg
20160425_183642_(resized).jpg
20160425_183648_(resized).jpg
20160425_183652_(resized).jpg
20160425_183656_(resized).jpg
20160425_183701_(resized).jpg
20160425_183923_(resized).jpg
20160425_183712_(resized).jpg
20160425_183716_(resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

http://[email protected]

Seller insights

These are Ballzout's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

N/A

Go to Ballzout's stats page

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Kansas City, MO, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
French Fry - LED Out of stock
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hamburger - LED Out of stock
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Ice Cream Cone - LED Out of stock
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

#2 7 years ago

9+ years in KC, can't find a Diner. Move to Pittsburgh, Diner shows up in KC. FML.

#3 7 years ago

Nice Diner! Diamond plate playfield too!

#4 7 years ago

Don't mind me saying but game looks a bit rough
Is it working. ?

Looks a bit beat up on the playfield
Not original plastic also in center

Anything else missing , broken ?

I am interested but not at that price

#5 7 years ago

With the amount of wear I'm seeing, where is the Mylar installed?

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Don't mind me saying but game looks a bit rough
Is it working. ?
Looks a bit beat up on the playfield
Not original plastic also in center
Anything else missing , broken ?
I am interested but not at that price

Looks like the drop targets are missing decals or are not original too. Nm I thought the food was printed on the decals too but I guess they are just shown on the playfield and not the decals. Agreed on the playfield. Looks pretty rough.

#7 7 years ago

A ton of playfield wear around the inserts & just past the lower mylar. Does it power up? No pix with it on.
I wouldn't eat there at those prices.

#8 7 years ago

It is a Diamond Plate version, if that matters to anyone...

#9 7 years ago

please please pull the "HUO for 20 years" off of the post.
it's misleading. most diners arent on location and have not been since about 2-5 years after they were released.
HUO is an exclusive all its life term.
and yes, i am the HUO acronym police.
sellers only use that term to gain more $$$ from newbees.
enough.

#10 7 years ago

Bummer on the Diner insert wear, because otherwise it's looks nice.

#11 7 years ago

It looks like mylar was added after those inserts were wore out. The mylar is in great shape is the only reason I say that. As far as the huo, it was in the man's basement since 96 so I guess I could change it to hu?

#12 7 years ago

It powers up and plays nice. If you'd like to come look for yourself I'm available all day

#13 7 years ago

Funny,i;m a old guy,but i'm not seeing that bad wear on the pf.Also,my Diner didn't have the decals on the drop targets either! Put them on later,I think this is a nice pin,imho,i paid 3200.for mine!!

#14 7 years ago

Not seeing the wear? It's horrid imo to warrant the price tag, diamond plate or not.

#15 7 years ago

Looks pretty decent but after checking the pictures I don't think it is a early production, the waitress on the cabinet matches production games not the early samples.

#16 7 years ago

You can see the diamond plate inscription in the lower left.

Regardless, the wear is a mess.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballzout:

It looks like mylar was added after those inserts were wore out. The mylar is in great shape is the only reason I say that. As far as the huo, it was in the man's basement since 86 so I guess I could change it to hu?

...Diner was released in 1990...

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Funny,i;m a old guy,but i'm not seeing that bad wear on the pf.Also,my Diner didn't have the decals on the drop targets either! Put them on later,I think this is a nice pin,imho,i paid 3200.for mine!!

you need to get glasses. That pf is blown out and some of the worse wear I have seen on a Diner.

Chipped inserts, worn badly, missing tons of art

#19 7 years ago

This game is a good candidate for a restore but man that playfeild is BAD!!!! ... Ebay is the place for this game ( No Reserve ) Let the market decide the value ... Im guessing 1200.00-1400.00

#20 7 years ago

A players condition Diner is worth $2000 quite easily. Your starting price is in line without a doubt. I would take a look at this if it were near me as it's a title that has been tough for me to get my hands on. Pinside - the imaginary world where no pinball machines were ever used for their intended purpose and are all like new. Your only fault the the HUO-HU bit. Drop that, meaningless and no one cares.

#21 7 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

...Diner was released in 1990...

I meant 96 sorry

#22 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

A players condition Diner is worth $2000 quite easily. Your starting price is in line without a doubt. I would take a look at this if it were near me as it's a title that has been tough for me to get my hands on. Pinside - the imaginary world where no pinball machines were ever used for their intended purpose and are all like new. Your only fault the the HUO-HU bit. Drop that, meaningless and no one cares.

Disagree. This isn't in line with pricing

1400 tops.

#23 7 years ago

The playfield is in good shape it's the decals on the inserts that you are seeing but pictures don't tell all. If anyone wants to come look at it the door is open.

#24 7 years ago
Quoted from Ballzout:

The playfield is in good shape it's the decals on the inserts that you are seeing but pictures don't tell all.

There are no decals on the inserts, the art is silk screened on at the same time. The inserts are part of the playfield, so I'm not sure how this playfield can be called "in good shape"?

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Disagree. This isn't in line with pricing
1400 tops.

I will take 3 at that price as long as I can do it in a day trip. Let me know where they are.

#26 7 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I will take 3 at that price as long as I can do it in a day trip. Let me know where they are.

Did you zoom in and look at the insert wear? It's not kinda worn or slightly worn. It's a mess. And seeing how it's a diamond plated version, I'm guess there would be some funny ball hopping.

I think this one is below player grade. It's really badly worn in spots.

#27 7 years ago

What it "should" look like.

ff2f4cf6c97c222c56924baff80286bf2408f6be_(resized).jpgff2f4cf6c97c222c56924baff80286bf2408f6be_(resized).jpg

#28 7 years ago

Thanks for all the replies good and bad. I am not trying to hide anything at all. If you have a problem with my price or the way it looks then show your complaining ass to the door. It's worth what someone will pay and I don't need all the ball busting on it,it is what it is. With that being said may your balls keep in play!

#29 7 years ago

Ballz... First of all, it certainly wont help you to throw your playfield out on your front lawn... lol @ Leeb There's a simple solution, post some much better pics... Hi-Res, better lighting, less glare, and most of all FOCUS!
I personally don't think the PF looks as thrashed as some people describe, and perhaps some decent pics will prove that, with all due respect, the pics are shitty, and I think they're making your game look shittier than it really is.
PS. And please remove the HUO description like you've been nicely asked, it really is blatant false advertising. GLWS.

#30 7 years ago

I see you post only in your for sale ads. I would remove "clean" from your ad also. Very shady indeed. Who has bought off of you?

#31 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballocks:

I see you post only in your for sale ads. No location. Very shady indeed. Who has bought off of you?

If any of you have questions like this for the seller, please send it via PM. This type of post is very confrontational and is better served in a PM. Asking a question about a game is one thing. Openly questioning a seller's reputation without cause is another.

If you have something to support your question, then ask it in a polite way. But please do not ask questions like this just because you feel a game is not priced as you expect or a seller is not as active on the forums are you would prefer.

Please remember the number one Pinside rule, "Be Nice"

Thanks.

Marcus

#32 7 years ago

It will never happen again. My apologies.

#33 7 years ago

For the record I have owned 2 diners both were Diamond Plate and I paid less for each than your asking price .
FUN FACT: They were also both bought off craigslist from pinheads.
FUN FACT #2 They both were on craigslist for about 2 weeks.
Good luck with the sale... Diner is a great game and this one can be saved.

#34 7 years ago

I do have a little wiggle room on the price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.50
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-diner-williams-1990-1995?hl=rustylizard and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.