DSCF8998 (resized).JPG
DSCF8997 (resized).JPG
DSCF8996 (resized).JPG
DSCF8995 (resized).JPG
DSCF8994 (resized).JPG
DSCF8993 (resized).JPG
DSCF8992 (resized).JPG
DSCF8991 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Diner

Added: 2017-02-23 13:01:08 UTC • Ended: March 4th, 2017
Condition: Fully shopped/refurbished

Price

$ 2,500 (OBO)

Open for offers

We are selling this Diner out of our collect as part of the group of machines we have decided to sell off to help fund & make room for a warehouse deal we are in the middle of. I need close to $2500 for it or it will stay in the collection and something else will get sold.

Overall machine is very nice and plays well. I am somewhat disappointed this machine isn't as nice as I thought it was after looking to over closer with a potential buyer. It does have some chips around a few inserts as well as a little more wear than I remembered it having. So with that said I have changed listing to OBO and will post additional pictures early next week.

As well as having some imperfections on the playfield the cabinet also has a few minor cosmetic issues - under the Willliams logo below the coin door was repaired and was not done as well as I would like to see. It looks OK but not great. The second thing about the cabinet - on the left side someone touched up a spot with satin black pains instead of glass black? If you are going to do something why not do it right!

Anyway otherwise machine looks & plays super!

Item photos

DSCF8974 (resized).JPG
DSCF8975 (resized).JPG
DSCF8976 (resized).JPG
DSCF8977 (resized).JPG
DSCF8978 (resized).JPG
DSCF8979 (resized).JPG
DSCF8980 (resized).JPG
DSCF8981 (resized).JPG
DSCF8982 (resized).JPG
DSCF8983 (resized).JPG
DSCF8984 (resized).JPG
DSCF8985 (resized).JPG
DSCF8986 (resized).JPG
DSCF8987 (resized).JPG
DSCF8988 (resized).JPG
DSCF8989 (resized).JPG
DSCF8990 (resized).JPG
DSCF8991 (resized).JPG
DSCF8992 (resized).JPG
DSCF8993 (resized).JPG
DSCF8994 (resized).JPG
DSCF8995 (resized).JPG
DSCF8996 (resized).JPG
DSCF8997 (resized).JPG
DSCF8998 (resized).JPG
DSCF8999 (resized).JPG
DSCF8974 (resized).JPG
diner_boards (resized).jpg
diner_connectors (resized).jpg
diner_mpu1 (resized).jpg
diner_mpu2 (resized).jpg
diner_powersup (resized).jpg
diner_sound (resized).jpg

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are too-many-pins's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to too-many-pins's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Seller contributed to Pinside for this listing!

Item location

Carlisle, PA, US

Related shop items!

Interested in this game? Also check out these related Pinside Shops items!

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hamburger - LED Out of stock
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diner Dine Time Kit Out of stock
UpKick Pinball

$ 98.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

#2 7 years ago

I have been trying to get machines listed here on Pinside for a few days now but Robin had some sort of issue with things on his end and I was unable to use Mozilla to list. This is finally resolved this morning so over the next couple days I'll be listing remaining machines from our collection we are selling off to make room for the warehouse deal we have in the works.

It now looks like the warehouse deal will not be finalized until I return from vacation sometime just before the Allentown show. Once that deal is finalized I'll be listing all the machines from that deal here on Pinside like I talked about two months ago. The delay in getting these picked up is on the sellers end but the deal is still in the works! We are keeping about 7 to 10 machines from the warehouse deal but the rest will be sold here on Pinside as promised.

#3 7 years ago

Several trade offers and lots of emails with questions but nothing serious on this one. If anyone has any serious interest in buying it (not a trade) please contact me ASAP because I either want to get it sold or moved back into the collection before I head to Florida for a much needed vacation in a couple weeks.

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from acebathound:

This game got a 6116 nvram upgrade this week, so no batteries to worry about.

Thanks Wayne! I forget about that and likely some other good stuff about this and other machines we have listed. I hate getting old and stupid!

#6 7 years ago

All emails are now answered and for now this great machine is still up for sale. I am hoping to change that to sold by Monday but so far just questions and no firm deal yet!

#7 7 years ago

A crazy thought just came into my foolish head. If someone were to buy this with their tax refund they could say the were able to buy a DINER with their tax refund. Now that would be something fun to talk about for a few weeks. "Buying a diner with your tax refund - you don't need to say Diner Pinball Machine - just Diner and that would get a few people thinking!

OK enough of my silly thoughts time for another drink!

#8 7 years ago

I have had some interest & trade offers but I am really looking for a quick cash sale BUMP!

#9 7 years ago

I know this machine has only been listed for 3 days but I am shocked it isn't sold yet? Typically when I list nice machines they sell as fast as I list them --- am I way out of line on the price on this or is it just no one local is looking for a Diner right now? A couple years back I had people begging me to buy it from our collection for $2500 but we just were not ready to let it go at that point.

If anyone happens to read this post please let me know what you think as far as condition & price.

#15 7 years ago

Diamond Plated playfield, plastics & ramps are all in great shape, shopped not too many plays ago, works & plays 100% and three days later only low ball offers? We don't need to sell it so if I can't get $2500 out of it I'll just move it back to the basement next weekend. One way or another I need to get about 5 more machines moved from the garage before I head to Florida in a week or two.

Thanks for the positive replies! I was just starting to wonder if the market had dropped on Diner or if I was just a little unlucky on this machine right now. I know typically every machine I list is sold within a day or two of putting it up for sale and 75% of the machines I sell are sold before I even get a chance to list them so I was really just starting to wonder what the story was with this one.

I realize when I am selling something like El Dorado or Caveman it will take a specific buyer but something like this Diner should be long gone by now!

#16 7 years ago
Quoted from Flipperfun:

All games with DP playfields that I have seen had the yellow wire form ramp.

This one is the way I bought it - I can't say if chrome ramp is original or not but I will say I prefer chrome ramp over yellow so I am glad this one is chrome.

#18 7 years ago

Replied and marked as sale pending for you. THANKS!

#19 7 years ago

It took a couple days longer than expected but this one should be sold for sure now!

#20 7 years ago

Well totally my fault but this machine is back up for sale again. Sadly I had a guy drive 3 hours to come get it this morning and once he looked at the machine in person he wasn't happy with a couple things about it that I totally missed. First off at the top of the shooter lane there is some wear just before the ball arch (writing is worn off the one insert up their). And secondly a couple corners on the backbox have been chipped and were repainted black before I bought the machine.

I have changed thelisting to "best offer" and considering condition issues that I didn't notice before, I will take $2300 CASH for it (maybe a little less if it sells this coming week before Thursday). I will be taking all remaining listings down Thursday night or Friday morning getting ready to hit the road south for a few weeks.

And Jerry - if you happen to read this post I am so very sorry you drove all that distance and machine wasn't want you expected! In almost 8 years of selling machines this is only the second time I have had someone come see a machine and not have them say "it was as nice or better than I expected". I am truly sorry I didn't notice those couple issues that pushed this machine to the point it wasn't nice enough for you. As they say - shit happens - but I hate it for everyone when something isn't as advertised and this is totally on me!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider too-many-pins.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-diner-5?tu=too-many-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.