20170213_181124 (resized).jpg
20170213_181112 (resized).jpg
20170213_181102 (resized).jpg
20170213_181208 (resized).jpg
20170213_181124 (resized).jpg
20170213_181112 (resized).jpg
20170213_181208 (resized).jpg
20170213_181105 (resized).jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 7 years ago

EXPIRED

Expired ad

This ad has expired and was removed from the MarketPlace. The owner has been requested to end their ad, so it can be archived.

Game - for sale

For sale: Demolition Man

Added: 2017-02-05 22:54:59 UTC
Condition: Fully restored (full original status)

#2 7 years ago

$4000 with THOSE handles?

I'll just speak for the entire Pinside market: no.

#3 7 years ago

Handles are worn. Cab is faded. That's not CQ.

Added over 7 years ago: *edit* OP felt the need to downvote my post, when he's obviously lying about whether it's HUO. OP can eat my short dick.

#4 7 years ago

Collector's quality typically means perfect or better than perfect--something that a collector would aspire to collect.

On another note, there are a few folks who offer plating services if you want to address those handles.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballplatingandmorecom-chromebrassnickelcolored-chromepowder

#5 7 years ago

Also need more pictures showing everything

#6 7 years ago

Unless this is the Balboa DM it's only worth about the Pinside average price. His was all chrome everything. This looks average.

#7 7 years ago

The messy and cluttered room the game is in sure doesn't display the traits of someone who is knowledgeable, passionate or particular about collector quality to me. And of course, those handles. Lack of pictures doesn't help either. That all being said, good luck with the sale, I think Demolition Man is very under-rated and a bargain at fair market value.

#8 7 years ago

I guess you don't want to sell... 100%

#9 7 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Collector's quality typically means perfect or better than perfect--something that a collector would aspire to collect.

Apparently it also means you can collect a lot of crap under the machine.

#10 7 years ago

Whoa.

#11 7 years ago

Machine overall looks nice. Don't think I've ever seen a Demo Man without worn handles. Would like to see some pictures of the Playfield.

#12 7 years ago

Well said!

#13 7 years ago

While editing my post and I accidentally left it blank.....

Although, a wise person once said to me if there is nothing nice to say. Better to say nothing at all.......

#14 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Apparently it also means you can collect a lot of crap under the machine.

And that matters, why, exactly, to anyone but an elitist prick that has something to prove?

"Look how much space *I* can waste, John! *points to empty space under row on pins*"

"Ah, ah, ah, I'm still wasting more than you are, Bill! *motions towards empty pool*"

The handles alone doomed this thread, but chastising people for utilizing otherwise wasted space? Yeah, whatever...f that noise..

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from tk-the-jammer:

Machine overall looks nice. Don't think I've ever seen a Demo Man without worn handles. Would like to see some pictures of the Playfield.

SAF ain't $4000 nice.

#16 7 years ago

What a silly newbie

I love terms like "collector quality", HUO, shopped...
It's all bullshit! Bullshit!! Unless you know the machine, the person selling, or both.

#17 7 years ago

This is not Demolition Man on Steroids. It's Demolition Man on Crack.

#18 7 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

And that matters, why, exactly, to anyone but an elitist prick that has something to prove?
"Look how much space *I* can waste, John! *points to empty space under row on pins*"
"Ah, ah, ah, I'm still wasting more than you are, Bill! *motions towards empty pool*"
The handles alone doomed this thread, but chastising people for utilizing otherwise wasted space? Yeah, whatever...f that noise..

Um yeah, it's less commentary on how he used the space and more of a pun on the term "Collector Quality" which was used to describe a pin that shows handle wear in the only photo... in the OP's only Pinside post... where the pin is clearly at least $1500 over priced.

But hey, to each their own. Keep defending the trolls on here that post crap for giant sums of money. We get more of that, hell I'll post my player's condition Disco Fever for freggin $2.5K tomorrow just because some are apparently ok with letting this place fester into another eBay world of overpriced junk instead of a community of pinball enthusiasts who call out (and God forbid even JOKE about) ridiculously bogus FS ads.

#19 7 years ago

Agreed. At some point it's time to stop bitching about price policing and start calling out some ads for what they are. SPAM! Literally space wasting SPAM.

#20 7 years ago

Sounds like the markets tested and you aren't selling .. lol

#21 7 years ago

Wow you guys are mean. I used to collect games and stopped. Temp keeping paintball gear under game in off season. Just fired it up, plays like a dream. Other than the handles, this ones a gem. Two owners huo and I did a full tear down once I got it. Cointaker led kit, swear roms, chrome lockdown, new oem dmd, and it plays amazing. Don't use the handles so never got to them. Could use some tlc, but don't want to sell quite yet so hence the high price. Too many hobbies.. Not spam, just looking for serious offers and some idea of true value. will post more pics now. Thanks

20170213_181105 (resized).jpg20170213_181105 (resized).jpg

20170213_181208 (resized).jpg20170213_181208 (resized).jpg

20170213_181112 (resized).jpg20170213_181112 (resized).jpg

20170213_181124 (resized).jpg20170213_181124 (resized).jpg

#22 7 years ago

Lots of wear on those coin slots for HUO.

#23 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballkim:

Lots of wear on those coin slots for HUO.

Yeah there is absolutely no way that machine is HUO.

#24 7 years ago

It is. I prob stole the coin door for another restore. Oops..

#25 7 years ago

I've seen 2 in new England sell for sub 2k with LEDs in the past year.

#26 7 years ago

Cool thanks I get that so I will lower price, but not that much

#27 7 years ago

I just paid $1800 for mine, shopped, LED's in solid shape. Avg price is about $2200-2400 for a nice condition-similar to yours. Chrome lockdown is $150 doesn't justify the price.

Not to pile on, but I too doubt the two owner HUO. Those handles are worn as is that coin door.

#28 7 years ago

He dropped it 240 dollars...... 10k by xmas

#29 7 years ago

I know the original owner. Think the plating just didn't hold up on those handles. Finally a realistic price average, I appreciate that. Trying to decide to sell or keep going with this old girl.

#30 7 years ago

I think given what you are hoping to get and the current market for this title, it's best to just hang onto it. I think it's a really underrated game, but they don't seem to fetch much more than $2400 in good shape around here.

You may have better luck offering it up as a trade.

#31 7 years ago

This is a $2200-$2400 game. Unless it's HUO from Sylvester Stallone's private collection. And then I would want to at least meet him during the sale.

#32 7 years ago

Chrome lockdown and leds -- lipstick on the pig I'm afraid, however that saying goes. I don't think cq means what you think it means.. cq should be near flawless, this is a nice demo but not flawless by any means. Other posters hit the mark.. demos are in the 2k range give or take 200 to 400 for condition

#33 7 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Keep defending the trolls on here that post crap for giant sums of money.

Where did I say his price was reasonable? Oh, that's right..I didn't. All I did was point out that you're being a prick by trying to indicate, joke or otherwise, that shit under the game has ANY effect on the value. You going to tell me that because I have bins with parts underneath a game, and a harbor freight jack under another that it's somehow worth less just because you don't like the way it looks?

Noob, please.

#34 7 years ago

i just sold mine (looks similar shape as this one) to a good dude last month for $1600. i guess i got robbed!!!!

#35 7 years ago

One just sold local for $1800 and was on the market a while. Your game looks slightly nicer so I would say it's worth $2200-$2500. Please don't take any offense, but you are flat out crazy if you think you can get anything close to $3750. A word to the wise.....don't dump any more money into this game, it's a damn Demo Man, you will never get it back.

#36 7 years ago

It looks like a pretty nice DM. Even with replated handles I think you would be lucky to see anything close to 3k though.

1 week later
#37 7 years ago

Thanks for the input. Anyone seriously interested pm for details.

#38 7 years ago

When you take the "cq" out of the ad description and drop the price maybe you will get some serious interest

#39 7 years ago

Even the tip of the plastic above the upper flipper is broken.

#40 7 years ago

If you are going to post a game for over 50% higher than it's normal selling price and then throw the phrases "collector quality" and "HUO" be prepared for criticism.

Your game is worth $2500 tops in it's current condition. And, contrary to most seller's opinions, LEDs DO NOT add value to a game. LED taste is very individualized and if the buyer doesn't like it, he/she then has to tear game down to remove the lightshow. Seriously, you don't have a fart in church's chance of selling this on here at anywhere near what you are asking. Change you expectations or change where you are selling (might find a sucker on CL).

#41 7 years ago

Hey, if the OP can get the asking price then he's the beneficiary of free market economics. No hater here. That said, it's great that Pinside enables conversation threads about items for sale, so people can ask questions and, in this case, be warned about a price/value discrepancy.

I purchased the balboarules machine someone mentioned earlier in the thread and it was in pristine condition. Beautifully re-chromed handles, laseriffic topper, German whole-play field protector, tasteful LED's, well positioned field spotlights, foulspeak rom (disabled, kind of lame), new decals, and one or two more things I can't recall.

Many mods and extras aren't worth the increased asking price when buying a machine (imho), but this was an awesome package. Point being: I paid a lot less than the asking price for OP's unit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 81.95

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has expired, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-demolition-man-13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.