(Topic ID: 176043)

FS or FT: NICE Demolition Man (Price Reduced, $2300)

By Whysnow

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 161 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
dm_impressive.png
pasted_image (resized).png
dm_hilton.png
image (resized).jpeg
flow chart (resized).PNG
IMG_5257 (resized).png
PC140732 (resized).JPG
PC140733 (resized).JPG
PC140732 (resized).JPG
PC140731 (resized).JPG
PC140730 (resized).JPG
PC140729 (resized).JPG
PC140728 (resized).JPG
PC140727 (resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago

If sold with cash in hand, why is this thread not marked as such (and pinside paid its sellers fee)?

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

If sold with cash in hand, why is this thread not marked as such (and pinside paid its sellers fee)?

once you mark it sold, the thread gets locked. Figured it was worthwhile to leave the thread open to write the last chapter.

I will mark is sold shorthly. (worth note that sellers fee is only paid if actually sold via pinside. I list all games in 4-5 places and from my experience, most sales/puchases come from outside of pinside. Seems since pinside went ebay, the sales have largely moved to the FB groups.)

#153 7 years ago

In before the lock.

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Figured it was worthwhile to leave the thread open to write the last chapter.

I missed the last chapter after you showed a stack of 100s. . . can you summarize it? Also, given that someone on this thread said they bought it, seems like you might as well kick the Pinside team their $10-20.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

(worth note that sellers fee is only paid if actually sold via pinside. I list all games in 4-5 places and from my experience, most sales/puchases come from outside of pinside. Seems since pinside went ebay, the sales have largely moved to the FB groups.)

Yep - I'll vouch for that. Can't remember the last time I sold a game here. ACDC LED Pro, Walking Dead Pro, Walking Dead Premium, Supersonic, DM, and LW3 all in 1 year's time - all outside of Pinside.

It's too bad. I remember this used to be the place I came for a decent deal - both buying and selling. Now CL and my distributors are becoming the places to go.

Then again, the only constant other than time is change.

Quoted from lyonsden:

I missed the last chapter after you showed a stack of 100s. . . can you summarize it? Also, given that someone on this thread said they bought it, seems like you might as well kick the Pinside team their $10-20.

He will. When he goes to close the thread, that will be the time for him to contribute. If he does that now, the thread will be closed and nearly erased - only existing in the market archives.

#156 7 years ago

I'm quite sure all the games I list here will be sold outside of Pinside.

#157 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Yep - I'll vouch for that. Can't remember the last time I sold a game here. ACDC LED Pro, Walking Dead Pro, Walking Dead Premium, Supersonic, DM, and LW3 all in 1 year's time - all outside of Pinside.
It's too bad. I remember this used to be the place I came for a decent deal - both buying and selling. Now CL and my distributors are becoming the places to go.
Then again, the only constant other than time is change.

I have the same experience -- about 1 in 4 games I list actually sells through Pinside vs. local means, but when they do go through pinside, $25 is 0.5% on a $5k sale. Also, given what I get out of pinside, that is a very small price to pay.

#158 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

I have the same experience -- about 1 in 4 games I list actually sells through Pinside vs. local means, but when they do go through pinside, $25 is 0.5% on a $5k sale. Also, given what I get out of pinside, that is a very small price to pay.

100% agreed. No argument from me on that for sure. I find that people local are so hungry for a game I don't even need to sell here anymore. And one should not infer that I charge an arm and a leg off of Pinside just because they want a game now now now. My DM for example was at $2500 here on Pinside; I sold it locally way cheaper than that. It went to a great community member, and I ultimately got what I wanted for it.

If I did that here, ok here comes the teeter-totter, everyone has to feel like they got a good deal vs the seller got what they wanted, and let's bargain and point out all the game's faults, and let me rationalize my time is worth money for the work I did, and let's validate that there's more to the cost than just the selling price of the game to include wear and tear on vehicle, gas money, and time spent driving, blah, blah blah blah blah...

I sold DM in 1 day over 1 face to face discussion and one on the phone discussion lasting about 10 minutes.

Good thing I'm narrowing my collection down to my keepers. I'd lose my damn mind selling games here. Parts are a COMPLETELY different story. Like my WPC PDB - I sold that in 4 minutes flat over the weekend. People almost never haggle over parts. It's the games that everyone has to act like the factory paint better not have faded 0.00001% from when it left the factory.

Sorry, whysnow, don't mean to derail your thread. This banter is just free publicity now for your game's record-keeping public display purposes .

#159 7 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

100% agreed. No argument from me on that for sure. I find that people local are so hungry for a game I don't even need to sell here anymore. And one should not infer that I charge an arm and a leg off of Pinside just because they want a game now now now. My DM for example was at $2500; I sold it way cheaper than that. It went to a great community member, and I ultimately got what I wanted for it.
If I did that here, ok here comes the teeter-totter, everyone has to feel like they got a good deal vs the seller got what they wanted, and let's bargain and point out all the game's faults, and let me rationalize my time is worth money for the work I did, and let's validate that there's more to the cost than just the selling price of the game to include wear and tear on vehicle, gas money, and time spent driving, blah, blah blah blah blah...
I sold DM in 1 day over 1 face to face discussion and one on the phone discussion lasting about 10 minutes.
Good thing I'm narrowing my collection down to my keepers. I'd lose my damn mind selling games here. Parts are a COMPLETELY different story. Like my WPC PDB - I sold that in 4 minutes flat over the weekend. People almost never haggle over parts. It's the games that everyone has to act like the factory paint better not have faded 0.00001% from when it left the factory.

Very well said!

#160 7 years ago
Quoted from lyonsden:

Also, given that someone on this thread said they bought it

Bryan was just joking around. He did not buy it.

It went to a nice guy east of here a bit.

#161 7 years ago

closed per moderation notice request.

There are 161 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-demolition-man-10/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.