giphy.gif
1_2TtFxfFtEGjr5FhshP-5Cg (resized).png
9860013A-6256-4BD3-BDC7-9A8257750506 (resized).jpeg
777D80FC-FDD2-4EB0-B8CD-607B06676027 (resized).jpeg
4A6E3718-1D1B-4CF5-8091-1F66F79A226F (resized).jpeg
E635E288-B28F-4319-9910-DDB16A57E993 (resized).jpeg
F116E081-8CF8-4511-8BC7-A6B79A477D59 (resized).jpeg
2F962E8B-156A-4EB1-B889-6B9650ECE2C7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#16 2 years ago

ForceFlow in addition to downvoting, why not try to grab Robin’s ear to figure out a way to curb this constant wave of bullshit plaguing this site?

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

The seller can ask whatever they like.

I know, I know. It's mentioned in each F'ing thread. Thanks for my daily reminder that I don't live in Communist China. That's not the issue. It's the site (which partially runs on people's donations) is now a joke and is why I let my red heart go gray this year. I'll happily contribute to a site that thinks of its' core audience first instead of trying to make revenues off of bogus newbie ads that clutter up the marketplace and will never sell. Fuck the newbies who are trying to gouge us in our hobby. But hey, "it's a free market"!!!

#23 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

People are so wound up over rising pinball prices they are always lashing out and looking for someone to blame. Today, it’s pinside.

This isn't a "rising price" issue. Yeah, Stern Pros, base model AP & CGC's are all up in price. Sucks, but what it is. This is blatant gouging... by someone who is only using this site to try to find a sucker and then will never be here again. He's asking over $20K for a DP Pro and GB Pro.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

You could always place these users on ignore if you don't want to see their posts. That feature is there to help tailor your experience on Pinside to your liking.

You'll have to ship me a new mouse for my computer because I'll be ignoring so many first time posters here I'll wear out the click button. Much easier to set activity guidelines on who can post ads for sale so that you don't allow every slimy opportunist to try to ruin your marketplace.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, what sort of practical guidelines would you have in mind?

50 post minimum and then a request sent to begin posting ads, at which point you ensure they're actually engaging in conversation here and not trying to just quickly spam 50 posts to then sell. That help builds the Forum and the "Community" I see featured at the top of the page. From there, the Pinside fees for selling should be PRIOR to posting so that people think twice before posting since there's a monetary hit before asking stupid prices that will never sell.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Six months ago, I don't think anybody thought certain recent titles would be selling for $10k-$20k, but here we are.

They're not. They are absolutely not. No one here is spending over $10K for a GB Pro. Some of the JJP's and Stern LE's going nuts are just signs of the times. But $10K for a GB Pro? Let's not kid ourselves.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nobody's stopping you from doing that.

Sort of like the Office Space Michael Bolton thing - Why should I have to change? I'd have to ignore users each day because you're holding the door open for them and then claiming you don't like the high prices any more than I do. Instead some proactive baseline requirements would prevent having all of us reactively putting people on ignore each day. It's not hard and then Pinside can claim to have a "community" and not sound as empty as Stern does claiming to be a lifestyle brand.

#30 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

If you see a price you don't like, you don't march up to the supermarket manager and demand that all the $5+ cereal boxes be blocked from being placed on the shelves, do you?

No. But if 50 people are looking at the same $10 cereal box and all unanimously agree that it's complete bullshit and not indicative of the rest of the store, they can all march to the manager and ask WTF is up with that one $10 cereal box. Or I can just stop using the analogy. Zero upvotes, 52 downvotes for OP. Does that not make you think there's a problem here worth fixing?

#33 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just because I and 50 others might personally disagree with someone's asking price, doesn't mean I won't still defend their right to ask it.

I'm not here trying to tear down the free market economy. I get reminded of the free market in each of these bogus threads. F'ing wonderful. The problem is that the market is currently FLOODED with ads where non-contributors are trying to gouge, make a few grand, and bounce, never to be heard from again. Each thread has someone replying that the certain behavior of the sellers is mainly for eBay and CL, where it's strictly transactional with no sense of community.

Pinside is/was (supposedly) a community of enthusiasts. You want to ask $10K for a GB Pro? Fine, and there will be countless broken records reminding us that if we don't like the price, we can not buy it. But is it too hard to ask that people who want to ask $10K for a GB Pro maybe prove that they're part of the enthusiast community? Engage, participate, ask for help, offer assistance, post the Jon Stewart popcorn meme. Just do something of value before it's ok to try to gouge the members here, because maybe then you'll think differently... or realize this isn't the place for you in the first place.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I'm not sure if anyone remembers, but ebay used to charge a listing fee up front. They eventually did away with that to attract sellers.

You’re just attracting assholes who want to flip for ridiculous profit and leave. And in doing that, you lose my red heart.

Don’t want to vet out the sellers better, fine. Keep the Pinside fees the same but charge half up front, half upon successful sale. You get arguably more money because you’ll get 50% of the non-sales fees, and the remainder is business as usual.

#46 2 years ago

Wrong. I click to point out all the “hey it’s a free market” responses and how they think they just conceived that novel concept. Sorry I’d like to see the marketplace cleaned up a bit. And it’s a forum. How else are we to tell the OP to jump off a bridge? And how about you stop wondering why people comment in a forum?

#49 2 years ago

Yeah, it’s my opinion man, and the opinion of a ton of pinsiders. You have what seems to be an apparent problem. The number of downvotes in this one thread is climbing. I’d be willing to wager that the actual Pinside “community” is getting sick of all this. You can continue to sit on your hands or come up with solutions. I guess you desire the former. I find that lazy. My opinion, man.

#53 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You better act quick Force Flow.
I don't think this place can survive without Tuna's $10 "red heart."

Helpful as usual.

Quoted from ForceFlow:

We don't regulate market pricing, and I don't think there are any plans to do so.

Are you not reading? I’m not saying to dictate prices. Where did I say that? Jesus dude. Just create better barriers to block the bogus ads that you and I both know won’t ever sell and clutter up the marketplace while diluting the space for people actually trying to sell games.

#54 2 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

We appreciate all the feedback regarding ads such as this.
However, this is still Robin’s playground and the Moderator Staff will enforce the rules as Robin directs.
This ad is completely within the marketplace rules. And the OP has gone through the current verification process.
So until Robin makes a decision to change the criteria for posting games, ads such as this will continue to be posted on Pinside.
While we are saddened by the idea that some Pinsiders are allowing their heart to turn grey over ads such as this, we are not going to go against Robin’s established rules to save one or two hearts.
So the best option for those hurt, angered, triggered or offended by high priced game ads is to move along to the next game listing or better yet use the wonderful tools created by Robin.
These tools are available to everyone and can make customized experiences that suit your needs.
I highly recommend using them to make your experience more pleasant.
Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!
Marcus

Thanks Marcus, as you hit the nail on the head. I’m suggesting changes that would benefit Pinside and the user experience. That’s all. It’s simple. Not tearing down the free market economy. Happy holidays to you too.

#61 2 years ago
Quoted from Amarillopinball:

Ironically, 2una keeps bumping this to the top of the forum. I’m sure the OP appreciates it. It sure keeps prices like these in the forefront of everyone on the site.

Yea, I’m sure my bumping is really going to move this pin any quicker. Super ironic really as we should see Sale Pending any minute and it’s all my fault.

#67 2 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Don’t give yourself a heart attack over someone else’s for sale ad. Seems like a strange place to fall on the sword.

Heart attack? Dude I’m posting between games. I can have fun on a holiday week and also point out chicken shit rules on a privately owned website where they have the power to make change. Not mutually exclusive. Now back to my new Elwin game (which I’m F’ing loving).

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I am so buying you this t-shirt for Xmas. (I already bought 4 for myself)
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"76e7489e9f1acc64fb0c403f67371048ed3a90c7-1640058608-1800"};
//]]>

[quoted image]

Lol thankfully I’m not taking out frustrations on any other games I just brought in!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 64.99
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 25.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cheko's Shop

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 64.99
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lucxor

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 37.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 25.95
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yoko2una.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-deadpool-pro-73?tu=yoko2una and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.